Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @80.76 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 920.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  Cool 3D tools - old and new!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cool 3D tools - old and new!  (Read 648 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« on: May 19, 2024 @908.74 »

:grin:  Is there some cool 3D software you like to use? Obscure older/abandonware and open source softwares are especially cool! :grin:

A few that I enjoy or hope to enjoy: :ozwomp:

• World Machine - this ones still updated but its been around for years - generates 3D landscapes! (Free version is fine)
  • 3D Studio - the original 3D modeling program for DOS - still good for low poly work!
  • Blockbench - Modern open-source low poly editor that does minecraft-style models!
  • Bryce 5 - Only outputs 2D images I think, but the images are very cool 3D renders of weird spaces! - The newest version is 7.1 from 2010 and you can still buy it - often on sale for around 4 euro from DAZ - its also worth looking at some of the extra plugins they sell for it too if you are really into it (go to the DAZ shop and filter by software and pick Bryce) - Also here are some getting started videos!
  • Poser 3 - For making early 00s game characters - I haven't tried this one yet, but its on my radar - this one is still activly developed and you can get v13 as of writing - its kinda expensive though! If you look on eBay/Amazon you can get older copies like 11 much cheaper!
  • MacRenderMan - I do not know how to use this; but its the software made by Pixar for their very early films and if you want to make a pre-toystory style animation this would be the real deal!
  • BlobSculptor - A lil program for old mac that allows you to crate blob creatures!
  • Tree Pro 4.0 - Iv never tried this one, but its name rhymes! I guess it makes trees (for Mac Classic)
  • LandSculptor3D - A lil landscape maker for classic mac made by a student, useful for small landscapes!

A general tip! Most old 3D modeling programs, even very very old ones can export .obj files that can be read by totally modern modeling programs like Blender!

:4u:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024 @536.49 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
rhenn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: rhenn

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024 @566.16 »

Haven't touched it in years but Sculptris!

It's abandonware so I can only find it on the internet archive now, but it was made by the same people who made ZBrush. It used to be available as a free download on their site as older software :) it definitely had bugs back when I used it but super easy to get the hang of.

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024 @692.06 »

These are all really neat! Here are a few that I've come across:

Plant Studio - I can't remember if I found this one here or not. It's an older program that lets you design and evolve plants
Asset Forge - This one's newer, and it's a bit like kit bashing, but in 3d. I've had a lot of fun playing around with it.
Cilgari/MS Truespace - I haven't played around with this one at all, but I was intrigued by the screenshots I saw on this page: Discontinued MS Art software. I can't really compare it to others until I mess around with it, but I thought it looked neat.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2024 @701.56 »

Haven't touched it in years but Sculptris!
Plant Studio - I can't remember if I found this one here or not. It's an older program that lets you design and evolve plants
Omg these two suggestions are fantastic, I can totally see uses for these and they are really simple and fun :ozwomp:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Bumperdog
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2024 @877.34 »

I know a old 3d animation software called Anim8or, it's good for making old 90's cheap goofy CGI looking characters. From the looks of it has a lot of good features to make cool decent models, and the best part it's 100% free!

Fun fact: This software was infamous for being used to create the various 3d characters you see in the 2018 indie horror game, Baldi's Basics.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

TinyTIM - A cool multiplayer text adventure

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 4
Views: 2380
Last post February 22, 2022 @48.80
by demonologi
newgrounds' art games section

Started by DarmodejBoard ⚽︎ ∙ Arcade

Replies: 0
Views: 1490
Last post February 03, 2022 @906.33
by Darmodej
newsletters for dum-dums [not a tutorial, i'm the dum-dum]

Started by luluBoard ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery

Replies: 3
Views: 1952
Last post June 27, 2022 @476.60
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi