Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @22.48 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 24/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 978.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  What's your main Operating System?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Poll
Question: What computer OS do you use most frequently on a normal day?
Windows 11 - with significant modifications / ameliorated   -4 (6.9%)
Windows 11   -9 (15.5%)
Windows 10 - with significant modifications / ameliorated   -2 (3.4%)
Windows 10   -10 (17.2%)
Windows 8/8.1 ???   -0 (0%)
Windows 7   -3 (5.2%)
Windows XP   -0 (0%)
Linux - With a modern UI   -14 (24.1%)
Linux - With a retro UI   -8 (13.8%)
Linux - Terminal only   -1 (1.7%)
MacOS 11+ (Near Fully Updated)   -6 (10.3%)
MacOS 10.9 - 10.15 (Mavericks to Catalina)   -1 (1.7%)
MacOS 10.0 - 10.8 (Leopard ect)   -0 (0%)
Chrome OS - You're on a chromebook   -0 (0%)
BeOS / Haiku - Please tell use more!   -0 (0%)
OS/2 Arca - Please tell use more!   -0 (0%)
FreeBSD - Please tell use more!   -0 (0%)
AmigaOS - Please tell use more!   -0 (0%)
DOS - Please tell use more!   -0 (0%)
Other (Please say!)   -0 (0%)
Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: What's your main Operating System?  (Read 2298 times)
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2024 @79.39 »

I felt done with Windows when they added Copilot to my computer. Then I heard about Recall, and I made the switch the next day (since I have some extra free time.)

Turns out everything I want to do on Windows I can do just fine on Linux. Even play my silly old games. :cheesy: I run a distribution called Zorin OS.

note: for anyone who doesnt wanna use copilot, winaero tweaker allows you to completely disable it
just a note lol

ctrl-shift-esc
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2024 @596.13 »

I main Windows 7  :wink: To me it's the last great Windows OS, where Windows was still focused on being a good desktop operating system first and foremost. And the Aero UI is gorgeous  :grin: Plus I have everything already set up and installed perfectly on my machine, it would be a massive pain and a timesink to reinstall and reconfigure absolutely everything from the ground up again after years upon years of getting everything working just right and the way I like it.

All the risky stuff like online banking and sketchy website browsing I do on my other PC running Debian. I also have a couple other PCs running Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 for various purposes. But Win 7 is just the best  :cheerR:

None of my PCs meet the official system requirements for Windows 11, and with all the stuff I read about it, it's not like I'm exactly enthusiastic about running it anyway  :tongue:  For general computing purposes I'll migrate to open source operating systems when needed and then for gaming and music production I will keep my machines running Win7 and Win10 till the foreseeable future, possibly as offline-only machines.

0=1
cinnamuff
Newbie ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2024 @646.01 »

I'm currently using Windows 10 on desktop, but I would love to switch to Linux Mint completely if I can get Clip Studio Paint working on it! I tested out Mint on an old laptop of mine and it works wonders, even most programs I use on desktop work with it! For now I just have to stick with Win10 until a solution for emulating Clip and other art & animation programs comes up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi