Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @127.26 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 873.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  Last.fm widget won't work on Nekoweb

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Last.fm widget won't work on Nekoweb  (Read 359 times)
Sofly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Oh hey hi

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: May 30, 2024 @683.99 »

Oh hey hi

I'm having trouble with a widget i want to implement in my website, it's a widget that shows the last track i scrobbled with my Last.fm account (this one to be more precise), and i'm having trouble since it works excellent locally but it breaks when moving it to nekoweb

For context, here's how it should look

And here's how it looks on nekoweb

I made sure that both files are exactly the same, both in the page i want to put it in as well as the iframe itself, is there something in nekoweb that blocks certain aspects of javascript that the widget needs?

Thank you in advance

Profile pic is from Secret Little Haven
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2024 @692.52 »

With anything script related, its always a good idea to do Inspect on your page, open the console and reload the page - it'll show any JavaScript errors and those are always the first step in figuring out whats wrong with a script ^^

If you don't see any errors, check the network tab to see if the iframe is actually loading or if there are any connection errors!

If you see an error and don't understand it, post it here, good luck!  :4u:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Sofly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Oh hey hi

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2024 @715.06 »

its always a good idea to do Inspect on your page, open the console and reload the page

Just did that and seems like my hunch of Nekoweb blocking something in the script was right on the money

<translation> Request of crossed origin failed: the policy of same origin doesn't allow to read the remote resource in [audioscrobbler link blah blah] (Reason: CORS request fail) </translation>

I'll probably ask in the discord later, but it seems that this widget needs something that Nekoweb doesn't like allowing :sad:

Profile pic is from Secret Little Haven
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2024 @734.26 »

From the NekoWeb FAQ:
Can I get rid of CORS errors?

Donators can set custom HTTP headers. You can set Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * header to remove CORS errors.

So its the same as Neocities, you need to be a supporter to allow these kinds of scripts.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's VSynth Works

Started by MemoryBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 13
Views: 2718
Last post July 04, 2023 @605.29
by Memory
memo's sketches and works

Started by memoBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 1018
Last post October 06, 2022 @375.51
by memo
! ( how to get websites working on DSi? )

Started by JackFrostBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 7
Views: 968
Last post January 18, 2023 @922.37
by Memory

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi