Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 22, 2024 - @902.23 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 24/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 98.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  localstorage + neocities

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: localstorage + neocities  (Read 324 times)
moethman
Newbie ⚓︎

bug man mug man

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: May 30, 2024 @713.45 »

hello there!   :ha: im working on recoding my website, and, as the palette that im going for can cause eyestrain and seizures [it has a checkered pattern, which ive heard triggers epilepsy, and neon red + black], i want to add alternative palettes + a warning message that pops up when you first visit the site!

so here's my question - i want to use localstorage, and i already have - ive coded the entire thing in fact - but i only just realized... does anyone know if localstorage would work with neocities? ive never heard anything that would give a definitive answer and while im not sure why it would be a "no" i just want to check  :ohdear: im also wondering what would be the pros vs. cons of using localstorage vs cookies - the only reason i went with localstorage over cookies is because it looks a lot easier to use

the reason i want to use localstorage is so that the information would transfer across pages ^^_^^ plus maybe some other stuff i want to put up later. thanx!
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2024 @741.82 »

As far as I know, all Javascript is run client-side, rather than by the providing server, so there shouldn't be any restrictions on using Javascript as long as the language is allowed in the Neocities editor.

I suppose it would be possible for them to filter out local storage variables, but your use case is one of the most frequently cited for localstorage, so I think it would be weird for them to make that restriction.

xixxii
Full Member ⚓︎

they/them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Web 1.0 Picture Size Expertthe xixxiiJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2024 @797.55 »

kalechips's style switcher uses localstorage, i've put it on my neocities and it works fine. i've seen a lot of people on neocities with similar style switchers that i think all use localstorage too.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I need help with neocities

Started by Kane VirkutisBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1754
Last post February 25, 2022 @609.50
by Melooon
Where are IPFS backups on Neocities? ANSWERED!

Started by ellievoyydBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 3
Views: 2155
Last post March 17, 2022 @162.86
by PAINTKILLER
Neocities on Polygon!

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 9
Views: 2411
Last post June 18, 2023 @827.12
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi