Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @45.84 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 23/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 955.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  filling up 50GB of space

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: filling up 50GB of space  (Read 417 times)
Diggon
Newbie ⚓︎

expert puddle jumper

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: diggon
iMood: diggon
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: June 13, 2024 @885.49 »

Hi hi!!!  :seal:  I recently bought supporter for neocities and now I have 50GB to spend however I'd like! However, so far my website is kinda small and doesn't really have all that much going on..... I guess I could just let my site be a little roomy, but also, I have the sudden urge to fill it up as much as possible.  :ozwomp:  Anyone have some fun suggestions on how one might use 50GB of space on a website?  :ok:
Memory
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2024 @967.11 »

Make a one to two hours movie. It doesn't need to have a high-polished story or the fanciest acting, but the camera needs be set to the highest resolution. To get along with my own 2GB chunk of the internet, I'm filming everything in small 240p. So I'd estimate that a couple of HD movies would make fine use of the large webspace.
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024 @998.76 »

Try making something with Adventure Game Studio! It's easy to use and you can host it online with a supporter account :)

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2024 @38.00 »

Hi hi!!!  :seal:  I recently bought supporter for neocities and now I have 50GB to spend however I'd like! However, so far my website is kinda small and doesn't really have all that much going on..... I guess I could just let my site be a little roomy, but also, I have the sudden urge to fill it up as much as possible.  :ozwomp:  Anyone have some fun suggestions on how one might use 50GB of space on a website?  :ok:

Give it time. The bigger your website, the more space it'll need, especially if you use lots of graphics and self-host audio and video.

petrichoran
Jr. Member ⚓︎

they; she; ae; ey; sol; vamp; fae!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

smells like rain and dirtJoined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2024 @219.86 »

if you're interested in making art or anything similar, you could host those files! but i overall agree that it'll probably fill up quicker than you expect if you expand your site more.

i am a work of fiction. any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Zombiethederg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Just surfin. Dont mind me!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Purple Butterfly - to match your purple avatar!Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2024 @573.39 »

This is going to sound stupid: make more websites.

With my personal website, even as I update my blog posts / add new pages, I took up about 0.01% of my amount of space I had for Neocities. I then started making my website for adoptable Pokemon, and I began to take up even more space! At the time of writing though, im only up to 0.2% of my total space used.

Dont look at your 50GB as a space you *have* to fill, look at it almost like fertile farmland. Its a place of opportunity, a place you'll come to fill up sooner rather than later. Dont treat it as a space you HAVE to fill, else you'll end up filling it only with low-quality fruit.

PfP art by Bunbubbletea on Fiverr
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2024 @609.76 »

Its definitely a fun idea to explore how to make the largest site possible!

So the important stats are:
  • Files cant be larger than 100MB (though I tend to have issues with files larger than 20mb)
  • Each site is capped at 100,000 files (I know because I hit the cap  :tongue: ) - Non supporters are capped at 15,000 files.
  • Supporters are limited to 30 sites on their account!
(You can check these stats here and here.)

HTML files are super small, Images are bigger but can still be very small, Movies and Sound files are the best way to fill up space! (Also 3D models, those can get big fast!)
You could have 50,000 1mb files, or 5000 10mb files or around 500 100mb files! That's still a lot of files! Most of the HTML files on my site are under 30kb, so it would actually be impossible to fill 50GB with pure html unless your pages were SUPER long.

Really the best thing to do is to regularly and slowly add stuff and let it fill up over time. Hand curated content will always be more interesting than a bunk of junk all piled in from a site generator or something. Maybe make low-res movies on a handycam and have your own mini on-site "youtube" channel orrr make a song a day for a year (I wish I had the dedication to do this!) :drat:

The nice thing though is just not having to worry about running out of space!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2024 @616.83 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Matrix spaces and rooms

Started by memoBoard ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Replies: 6
Views: 1496
Last post November 22, 2023 @741.89
by virtue
The Small Web As A Safe Space For Sharing Experiences

Started by purelyconstructiveBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 14
Views: 4105
Last post April 05, 2024 @251.76
by div
Not all (online) spaces are for everyone… are they?

Started by NecrosiaBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 27
Views: 2193
Last post April 24, 2023 @277.22
by Y2KStardust

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi