Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @176.45 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 824.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Godzilla (and other kaiju)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Godzilla (and other kaiju)  (Read 354 times)
mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 13, 2024 @922.41 »

Hi! I wanted to make a topic about Godzilla (and kaiju in general) because it's currently my biggest interest RN.
What's your favourite kaiju and kaiju film?

For me, Hedorah is my favourite kaiju. I think she's extremely cute in an odd way.
I also really love Biollante, Mothra and Godzilla themself!
Non-Godzilla Kaiju I love include Gamera, Eleking, Iris, Gomora, Seabozu and Lidorias

As for favourite movie, Godzilla vs Hedorah is easily my favourite ALL TIME movie.
I love everything about it, especially the use of colour and cinematography. The music is pretty good too, and the film is (sadly) still relevant to this day.

I have a whole ranking of Godzilla movies on letterboxd but thats not important.
I've also been watching a bunch of other kaiju films, which have been tons of fun too!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2024 @731.53 by mahoroa » Logged

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2024 @983.60 »

My fave kaijū:
Hedorah, Majaba, Gan-Q and Mothra!

My fave kaijū movie: Godzilla vs. Hedorah the smog monster!!

Oops I got so excited I pressed send post too fast without even adding the rest of what I wanted to say! I definitely agree with why Godzilla vs. Hedorah is the best movie - it really has such a whimsical story and despite being one of the least popular Godzilla movies among fans, I think it's one of the best because it's so different and trippy. Like you said, the message is still relevant today - probably moreso now than it was back then.

I also love the animated segments!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2024 @985.25 by Misanthropic Monster™ » Logged

Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2024 @583.23 »

I love daikaiju movies ! I'm also a lot into Ultraman, Kamen Rider and Super Sentai. The idea of people acting in goofy monster suit is awesome ! Shin Godzilla, Godzilla Singular Point and Godzilla Minus One are excellent !

Ma all-time "godzilla suit" (unlike the latest movies featuring a CGIzilla) is Godzilla: Tokyo SOS !
arcus
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: arcus
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2024 @614.53 »

Favourite kaiju: Galactron and variations. They're alien robot dinosaurs that shoot lasers and make cool sounds. I really like their designs and the story around them. Galactron's debut episodes are what got me hooked to Ultraman.

Honorable mentions go to Alien Metron, Eleking, Zetton, Mothra, and Legionoid (the Geed version especially). If Kaijin count, then the Orphnochs from Kamen Rider Faiz, too. Especially the Horse Orphnoch.

Favourite kaiju film: Ultraman Geed The Movie. It focuses on the lore around Galactron, and has my favourite characters. I haven't watched it in awhile, but I remember there being scenenic shots being set in Okinawa, and nice warm lighting during the fight scenes.

Favourite kaiju episodes: Ultraman Orb episodes 14 and 15. (Since Ultraman's focus is shows.)

Ultraman Orb was the first Ultraman series I managed to watch in full. When I started watching it I enjoyed it, but I was unsure if it would be memorable, up until the Galactron episodes. While I have some gripes with how simplified the moral is, I enjoyed the general message, the direction of the episodes, and the tone near the end. Galactron even gets its own calm leitmotif, which builds up in the second part.

Honorable mention goes to Ultraman Decker episode 5. It's an endearing episode focused on someone's pet Eleking being cute and causing a bit of mischef. It's early in the show and can be watched on its own.

mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2024 @729.73 »

I love daikaiju movies ! I'm also a lot into Ultraman, Kamen Rider and Super Sentai. The idea of people acting in goofy monster suit is awesome ! Shin Godzilla, Godzilla Singular Point and Godzilla Minus One are excellent !

Ma all-time "godzilla suit" (unlike the latest movies featuring a CGIzilla) is Godzilla: Tokyo SOS !

YES!! Tokyo SOS is such a great movie!! I cried at the end of it honestly. Kiryu's def my fave ver of MechaGodzilla!

mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2024 @730.90 »

My fave kaijū:
Hedorah, Majaba, Gan-Q and Mothra!

My fave kaijū movie: Godzilla vs. Hedorah the smog monster!!

Oops I got so excited I pressed send post too fast without even adding the rest of what I wanted to say! I definitely agree with why Godzilla vs. Hedorah is the best movie - it really has such a whimsical story and despite being one of the least popular Godzilla movies among fans, I think it's one of the best because it's so different and trippy. Like you said, the message is still relevant today - probably moreso now than it was back then.

I also love the animated segments!

YAY I also love the animated segments of VS Hedorah. They're so unique I haven't really seen any other kaiju film/series do anything similar to it.
Also hell yeah Gan-Q and Mothra are awesome too!

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2024 @882.18 »

YAY I also love the animated segments of VS Hedorah. They're so unique I haven't really seen any other kaiju film/series do anything similar to it.
Also hell yeah Gan-Q and Mothra are awesome too!

Yesss!

They're super unique segments and add an extra dimension to the design of Hedorah. I could honestly watch an entire animated show in this style.

mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2024 @713.00 »

Yesss!

They're super unique segments and add an extra dimension to the design of Hedorah. I could honestly watch an entire animated show in this style.

ME TOO!! Its a shame we dont know who made these lovely animations :sad: oh mystery Hedorah animator we need you now more than ever

Also, love the Hedorah icon its so cute :smile:

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2024 @907.08 »

ME TOO!! Its a shame we dont know who made these lovely animations :sad: oh mystery Hedorah animator we need you now more than ever

Also, love the Hedorah icon its so cute :smile:

Thank you!!  :loved:  :loved:

And yeah I agree, I'd love to know who animated those segments...

SiLver
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: SiLverSkelebeast

View Profile WWW

Lego Bionicle !Joined 2024!
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2024 @851.83 »

In terms of Godzilla movies, I recently watched Godzilla minus one, and really liked that movie!

another Kaiju media I like is the original Ultraman! It has a certain charm to it that I find quite entertaining.

:skull: Disciple of the Evil Skull since 2007 :skull:
mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2024 @888.24 »

In terms of Godzilla movies, I recently watched Godzilla minus one, and really liked that movie!

another Kaiju media I like is the original Ultraman! It has a certain charm to it that I find quite entertaining.

Hell yeah G-1! Beautifully made movie I cried when it won an oscar LOL
Been a while since Ive seen anything Ultraman related but I did like what I saw. Maybe its time for a rewatch

TheRed

He/Him

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2024 @510.59 »

My favorite kaiju by far has to be the Kiryu Mechagodzilla. Tokyo SOS is definitely my most rewatched godzilla movie it's so fun, although Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla may come close. I'm also a fan of Biollante for how sort of odd it is as a viny orblike plant creature.
The way Godzilla was reimagined for Shin Godzilla was also really cool. Super fun watching it's horrid transformation and almost painful existence. I still really need to see Godzilla Minus One, unlucky I didn't get to see it in theaters.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

A cool avatar site (andypants.net)

Started by SilkSkullBoard ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials

Replies: 17
Views: 2410
Last post April 01, 2023 @105.91
by SilkSkull
Otherwordly Meat Site

Started by CommodornBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 7
Views: 1519
Last post April 11, 2024 @678.25
by Misanthropic Monster™
Hosting a website on an Android phone

Started by shevekBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 4
Views: 932
Last post August 03, 2023 @703.92
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi