Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @63.37 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 22/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 937.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials
| | |-+  Randomized-Pokemon Adoptables

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Randomized-Pokemon Adoptables  (Read 482 times)
Zombiethederg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Just surfin. Dont mind me!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Purple Butterfly - to match your purple avatar!Joined 2024!
« on: June 15, 2024 @719.72 »

So an idea has spurred into my mind, and im not sure if its been done yet.

Here's the idea: Pokémon adoptable with the 3D Pokémon Showdown sprites, all of which have randomized species / stats / natures / moves / levels.. the person adopting them can name them of course, but the only other control they'd have over the Pokemon is the typing of which Pokémon they'd get.

Im thinking of attempting to learn JavaScript a bit more in order to make a website out of this, but I want to ask 2 things mainly.

A: Has this been done before, and am I accidentally reinventing the wheel?  :ohdear:

B: Would this sound interesting to people? To adopt your own little Pokedex of Pokémon like as if though you've caught them yourself? Im thinking of themeing the website around "catching Pokémon" and you'd be able to catch like 1 every day.

PfP art by Bunbubbletea on Fiverr
Zombiethederg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2024 @688.65 »

update: i have already made the website and found a set of sprites as resources. I can no longer be stopped.

SiLver
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: SiLverSkelebeast

View Profile WWW

Lego Bionicle !Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2024 @308.50 »

This sounds really interesting! Ive heard of similar concepts being executed in browser before with pet adopt games, but I haven't seen a Pokemon before. Exited to see what you are able to make  :ozwomp:

:skull: Disciple of the Evil Skull since 2007 :skull:
Zombiethederg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2024 @477.97 »

This sounds really interesting! Ive heard of similar concepts being executed in browser before with pet adopt games, but I haven't seen a Pokemon before. Exited to see what you are able to make  :ozwomp:

It wont be an adoptable *game* per say, just a website that would be for generating adopts to go on your website! You could build a lil Pokemon ranch, party, and all sortsa fun stuff! :D

Scootarooni
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: scootarooni
iMood: scootarooni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2024 @628.85 »

I've never seen pokemon adoptables like that, no. I really like it! Sounds like a funny daily, and users could have a "pokedex" page on their website showcasing all the pokemon they've "caught" ^_^

Would shiny pokemon be included? :omg:

Zombiethederg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2024 @630.74 »

I've never seen pokemon adoptables like that, no. I really like it! Sounds like a funny daily, and users could have a "pokedex" page on their website showcasing all the pokemon they've "caught" ^_^

Would shiny pokemon be included? :omg:

That was the idea! People could make pages of Pokémon Ranches, Show off a party of Pokemon they caught, and more! Im planning on changing the "Daily" thing, and just letting people do it as many times as they want. I kinda saw no point in making it limited lmao. I may do it in the future, just to make the catching feel cooler, but that goes into coding that is.. beyond my capabilities.

I actually have coded in a feature that you have a 1/2048 chance to get a shiny when clicking the catch button! However, ive yet to implement the shiny Pokemon, since alot of the work so far has been linking images into the panel....... its very tedious, but Shinies will be included at some point!

Scootarooni
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2024 @791.64 »

I actually have coded in a feature that you have a 1/2048 chance to get a shiny when clicking the catch button! However, ive yet to implement the shiny Pokemon, since alot of the work so far has been linking images into the panel....... its very tedious, but Shinies will be included at some point!

Yahoo!!! That's awesome to hear!

We're what? A little over 1,000 pokemon at this point? Yeah, that's gotta be veryyy time consuming to add even without factoring in shinies or alt forms OTL the shiny chance is definitely more of a fun bonus thing =)

Zombiethederg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2024 @822.63 »

After DAYS of work, I've got something for ya'll.

Do you love Pokémon? Have you wanted to display your dream party on your website without just putting little PNGs on your website? Do you want to give your Pokémon unique moves / natures, and have special adoptable just for you?

Well, im happy to introduce my latest project, the Pokemon Safari Center!

Ive been working for a little bit on this over the past few days, and I've just recently gotten done with the final section! Ive been talking about this for a bit, and now ive finally been able to make it come to fruition!

Some notes:
- Pokémon are sorted by their FIRST typing. So a Fire/Ghost Pokémon would be in the fire section, while a Ghost/Fire Pokemon would be in the Ghost Section.

- A system for Shiny Pokémon IS implemented, and is at a 1/2048 chance. However, Shiny images have not been added yet. There's a default message if you do get a shiny though, and I plan to add more soon!

- The embeded code generator is. Finnicky. Ive tried it in several places, and it seems it wont generate the background on the website. It will display the text / moves in the correct manner! In short, it works, and is very editable!

- Right now, move lists for Pokémon are very general, and to not limit randomicity (and make even MORE work for myself) Pokémon will all have randomized move sets, even of moves which they cannot physically get. I will not be trying to implement custom generator properties for Pokemon and their move sets. I may expand each typing's move sets with more general moves all Pokemon can get later on.

Do lemme know what you think! I have spent the last few days on this and am happy to read / gain feedback on the website :)

Dreamwings
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Professional-grade yapper and late to the party

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Sealiously Cool User AwardJoined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2024 @586.03 »

OOOH! It's so cute! I got my fave Poke after much Poke Ball spamming (there was a bit of confusion over if I was able to since the text suggesting to throw a PokeBall in the grass wasn't on that page but I figured it out lol). He in my Toybox now.
I don't really have any critiques for the site design itself (besides that kink which can probably be sorted out with a quick ctrl+c and ctrl+v and the fact the flexboxes used for most of the interface don't really stretch well on bigger monitors like mine), it's moreso the embed that you get at the end.
Code
<div class="panel" style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; align-items: flex-start;">
When I put this on as is, It ended up getting shoved off onto the side of my page. I fixed that by changing it to display: inline (though theoretically block could also work depending on what you're going for). I also noticed it has a class, which might not be best when its intended to go on other people's sites since people might also have a class named panel already but then they dont want it to inherit that panel's formatting. Its an easy fix on the end-user's end, but might be best to just get rid of it first to remove the hassel.
Code
<div style="display: inline; flex-direction: column; align-items: flex-start;">
Changing it to this also doesn't affect the formatting of the things inside (in fact it actually fixed it for my layout).

If I sound angry I'm probably not unless I say so. I'm just really really blunt. :dog:
Zombiethederg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2024 @576.16 »

Coming back to this thread to announce something in the form of responding to replies on this post lol

We're what? A little over 1,000 pokemon at this point? Yeah, that's gotta be veryyy time consuming to add

Haha so about that. It took me 3 days to add all the shinies, except for Perchaunt, who doesn't have a shiny sprite like at all in the resource im using :P other than that, you can now shiny hunt on the website!! :D. Also, not including alt forms, its around 1025. I believe including Megas + Alt forms + Regional forms its somewhere in the 1200 mark. I havent added Megas yet, but im thinking of doing something with them next :)

OOOH! It's so cute! I got my fave Poke after much Poke Ball spamming (there was a bit of confusion over if I was able to since the text suggesting to throw a PokeBall in the grass wasn't on that page but I figured it out lol). He in my Toybox now.

I don't really have any critiques for the site design itself (besides that kink which can probably be sorted out with a quick ctrl+c and ctrl+v and the fact the flexboxes used for most of the interface don't really stretch well on bigger monitors like mine), it's moreso the embed that you get at the end.

I appreciate the feedback on this!! Im gonna take a lil break for today as I added all the shinies, BUT I will work on site clarity and fixing the embed display ASAP!! also very happy to hear you adopted one of the lil guys :)

Scootarooni
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2024 @939.41 »

I got one of my favorite pokemon on my first try!!! :ozwomp: Yahoo!!! Yay!! Minccino!!!

Haha so about that. It took me 3 days to add all the shinies, except for Perchaunt, who doesn't have a shiny sprite like at all in the resource im using :P other than that, you can now shiny hunt on the website!! :D. Also, not including alt forms, its around 1025. I believe including Megas + Alt forms + Regional forms its somewhere in the 1200 mark. I havent added Megas yet, but im thinking of doing something with them next :)

WHOA!!!!!! Kudos to you for adding them all that quickly, thats awesome! This is so neat! I love giving my pokemon silly nicknames in the games so I love that there's an option to do that here as well! I'm gonna add a pokedex page to my site as soon as I can for this :3

Zombiethederg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2024 @629.90 »

I think i'll just come back here everytime I update the site since people are really interested in it, BUT ive created a page on the website for submitting Fakemon to go in a (eventual) Fakemon search area!! Im accepting Pokemon from Fangames or of your own design, so if anyone is interested in that, the sections open on the website! :D

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

click-farm adoptables revival

Started by deuilBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 6
Views: 843
Last post January 06, 2024 @168.02
by OneMillionFurries
Adoptables

Started by NecrosiaBoard ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials

Replies: 2
Views: 746
Last post June 28, 2023 @918.24
by BananaBoots
MeloZorbs - Adoptables

Started by MelooonBoard ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials

Replies: 2
Views: 656
Last post March 07, 2024 @790.74
by Paprika

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi