Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @72.85 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 928.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  the world's so full of wonders and it rewards you for looking

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: the world's so full of wonders and it rewards you for looking  (Read 427 times)
glitterpigeon
Full Member ⚓︎

And there's a blue like where the urban angels go

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: glitterpigeon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 20, 2024 @505.37 »

I went outside at dusk today! there were bats! more than usual, swooping low over the park, some small, some a bit larger. they are miraculously acrobatic. if you are quiet, you can hear them. I like the way the sunset looks on their small brown bodies. I think they have a beautiful shape to them. my boyfriend's mom has a very large, very orange moth living in her car that she has named Mothra. she has such beautiful wings! and she's so big, so fluffy!

I think, if you pay attention to it, the universe will reward you for this interest in it, in some way. maybe in some spiritual way, or maybe just in the fact that the act of observation is rewarding. i have received many such rewards.

I started collecting litter. not to throw out, but to photograph and post on instagram. I'm obsessed with litter. I received some gifts that are only cool if you also, like me, love litter, like a receipt from a bar on the other side of the country! :omg: just think of the journey that went on! but ive found other "litter" as well. stuff more people would enjoy, I think. like toy dinosaurs, those weird fancy glass stones people put in vases or use as wedding decorations. and! and! ~200 VINYL RECORDS mostly of 1960's folk/country (my beloved :loved: ... no phil ochs in there though  :sad:) also 13 cds and 2 laserdiscs which i gave to my dad cause he was really excited about them. I also found a random dvd half buried in the ground and I'm tempted but a bit scared to try to see what's on it. if it's not too scratched from being half buried... 

honestly had a bit of a magical moment there listening to one of the records with my friend.

the world wakes up when you sit down to look at it. cyanide millipedes and garter snakes flash striking yellow-on-black. hoverflies, and butterflies landing on you if you are still enough. the dark-eyed juncos expertly catching an insect mid-air. the dragonflies, the insect moults I find. (exciting cause it's cool but it also means theres a bigger insect out there somewhere...) all the edible plants with fascinating mythologies behind them. varied thrushes and fleeting warblers. the sheer diversity of pigeons, their behaviours. if you watch pigeons for long enough, you see everything. love, conflict, life, death. there was a pigeon nest, hidden in the centre of a train station. the tell-tale squeaking of baby pigeons just barely hovering over the din of people and escalators and trains if, and only if, you stopped and listened. it's always there. you will find it someday, your little pigeon nest, sheltered within the noise and overwhelm. if you only look for it.

rainbows, too are everywhere. I see them on the train platforms, from the light through the glass barriers, I see them in fountains, on car windshields, through windows, on my friend's glasses. I was collecting them, documenting each one I fpund, but I had to give up because when I started looking for them, I saw to many to ever save them all. rainbows will be everywhere, if only you look for them!

pigeons will save the world!!!
di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2024 @660.64 »

Bats! Juncos! Pigeons! Yes!!

Your post is full of "joie de vivre"

Take time to memorize birdsongs. The world around you will feel so much more social and alive once you do. You realize that humans may build a lot of stuff and say a lot of things but this world is really for the birds, a lot of them have been here way longer than us. In a literal sense we only have a surface-level understanding of their beautiful language, but in a spiritual sense you can feel the soul in their songs :cheesy:

petrichoran
Jr. Member ⚓︎

they; she; ae; ey; sol; vamp; fae!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

smells like rain and dirtJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2024 @723.56 »

totally agree. the world is so beautiful if you take the time to notice. i've been really interested in foraging lately and it's really helped me connect to nature! i love the idea of eating something directly from the earth so that i truly know were my food comes from. it's almost blackberry season where i live and i'm so excited!

i also love litter. i love to make art out of trash!! i cleaned up the walk from where i parked to my university a while ago because it had tons and tons of cans from alcohol and energy drinks. i took a lot of soda tabs and bottle caps to make into something new and took the rest to the recycling center. i have a really strange appreciation for soda tabs from non-soda beverages because they look so cool! monsters have the monster logo on them and red bulls have a cut out of a bull instead of a regular shaped hole. and a lot of those kinds of drinks have tabs in vibrant colors!

i can't go outside as much i would like because it's super hot and humid where i live for a lot of the year and my disabilities make me extra sensitive to the heat. but hopefully i can find more ways to keep cool? i may eventually move away to a more accessible climate.

i am a work of fiction. any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Semper
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Lurking and learning

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: semper

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2024 @723.75 »

This is lovely, Glitterpidgeon. I can't help but agree. I felt a similar way a couple of days ago when I went out on my balcony with my binoculars to look at the rising waxing moon, and while moon-gazing I caught glimpses of chimney swifts flying high and fast as they hunted bugs. It was very beautiful, a magical dusk tableau.

Feel free to climb the tree
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2024 @868.82 »

This is such a beautiful post... I recalled a memory of when I used to live near the sea and I'd often go for night-time walks to see the sea slaters and other night time critters... and I'd often see bats swooping over head to grab moths out of the air. It felt so magical living there.

glitterpigeon
Full Member ⚓︎

And there's a blue like where the urban angels go

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: glitterpigeon

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2024 @325.14 »

Take time to memorize birdsongs. The world around you will feel so much more social and alive once you do. You realize that humans may build a lot of stuff and say a lot of things but this world is really for the birds, a lot of them have been here way longer than us. In a literal sense we only have a surface-level understanding of their beautiful language, but in a spiritual sense you can feel the soul in their songs :cheesy:

yes! I'm trying to but I'm not that good at keeping them in my head! I went to this birding event one time, and this lady who was running it asked me if I recognized a bird call and when I said that I wasn't good with bird calls she said "not yet" and then the next time we heard it she helped me to id it again :> so I'm learning. slowly...

pigeons will save the world!!!
zawieja
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Call me Ren!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Epic Cat AwardFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2024 @638.28 »

It's nice to read optimistic posts like this. I feel like taking a bit of time to learn about nature that surrounds us really helps noticing how diverse and wonderful the world is, whether it's birds or bugs or plants, you can always find something special around you.
I like birds. I live in a big city, but even here, I can often spot a heron, mandarine ducks or moorhens, and the day feels a bit more special. Watching crows provides a lot of entertainment too - so many of them having a home in this city, and they are  so quirky andlove playing around! Recently I saw some old lady feeding the crows and it made me happy, since not a lot of people seem to notice them. And local pigeons come in so many pretty color variants, too. The world definitely feels more special when you slow down and notice little things.

I haven't really paid much attention to litter, but back when I was doing urban explorations, I could find a lot of items people left behind because they just don't care. It felt a little bit sad. Old radios, CDs, vinyls, abandoned toys, pretty tea sets. But as they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure. My grandma once found a cat plushie in the trash, she washed it and gave it to 4 years old me. While some people would find it weird, it's my most treasured plushie now  :cheerR:

─── °∘❉∘° ───

─── °∘❉∘° ───
BartTheZech
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2024 @52.64 »

God there really is a lot of beautiful things you can find in the world. I totally feel what you mean here. I love taking a few photos whenever I take amtrak due to how cool some stations look or just the things you pass by.
putorila
Newbie ⚓︎

Sea lover and ugly things ejoyer.

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2024 @922.15 »

You're absolutely correct, nature is always a wondrous thing. It's sad that it's becoming harder to enjoy it in some dangerous parts of the world. Where I live, there's the danger of going out as a young woman because someone may kidnap you, and there's also the occassional landfil... However, I'm still positive changes can be made. I do go around for walks in my division where you can see mountains and beautiful sunsets every now and then. :wizard:

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 279
Views: 28044
Last post September 07, 2024 @123.48
by larvapuppy
Virtual worlds: where the heck do I start?

Started by MemoryBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 5
Views: 2362
Last post June 08, 2023 @27.16
by Melooon
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 6382
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi