Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @56.37 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 22/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 944.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  How good is the email spam protection on fanlistings?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How good is the email spam protection on fanlistings?  (Read 161 times)
Dreamwings
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Professional-grade yapper and late to the party

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Sealiously Cool User AwardJoined 2024!
« on: June 25, 2024 @727.48 »

I've been wanting to join fanlistings and such at some point but a lot of them have a section for filling out email. Most of them say it's "SPAM-Protected on site" but going to the pages they're usually just a regular list with open MailTo: links. Some of them are a bit hidden, like having to open a menu of sorts that is generated with an external Javascript set, but most of them seem to be very easy for a simple crawler to get through (and I feel like would have been simple back then too).
I really like my email address. I think it is very clever. So I don't want to have to change it because it gets innundated with nigerian princes. Even the best spam filter is going to get some that slip through the cracks. Plus it is just really annoying in general, regardless of if you're reading it or not. But I also don't wanna look all closed off and angy. The whole point of fanlistings is to connect people across the internet who are all fans of the same media; The ye oldie tag search. So I wanna know what yall have to say who maybe have done the same thing? (and alternatively, if it actually is spam protection, what is the secret for future reference? :dunno: )

If I sound angry I'm probably not unless I say so. I'm just really really blunt. :dog:
oerrorpage
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: oerrorpsades

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024 @784.22 »

they use a script called Enthusiast, thats why they all say that, and its best to say no to showing emails since the script is kinda old
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024 @828.14 by oerrorpage » Logged

de idiot of dis 4um
Dreamwings
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Professional-grade yapper and late to the party

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Sealiously Cool User AwardJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2024 @803.98 »

they use a script called Enthusiast, thats why they all say that, and its best to say no to showing emails since the script is kinda old

Ahh okie, thank you. And yeah that is what I was guessing. If there was security, it was probably super outdated security. But I wasnt sure for some of them since some of the fanlistings are still fairly recent/new and they still say that so they POSSIBLY had something I didn't know about.

If I sound angry I'm probably not unless I say so. I'm just really really blunt. :dog:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 18
Views: 6611
Last post August 31, 2024 @266.71
by greyskieshappymind
Freeware music goodies!

Started by phodicaeBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 5
Views: 2615
Last post February 13, 2022 @285.71
by easy_breezy
Are there any good resources on how to get started on C++?

Started by easy_breezyBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1436
Last post February 19, 2022 @957.49
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi