Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @40.20 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 24/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 960.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  Family PC ~ Do you share computers?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Family PC ~ Do you share computers?  (Read 471 times)
milo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

whoa!!

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2024 @183.37 »

Mannn, thats a sad ending to the tale. I was on the edge of my seat during the whole story up till the reveal. :tnt: Very resiliant machine though. Even through all of those updates and being covered in dust in a shed for a decade, it STILL started. Absolutely wild. Not to sound cliche but they really don't make machines like that anymore. Probably can't do the old "Put Linux on it" trick with something like that though (nor would you want to. Both for memories and because a genuine Windows XP install is getting harder and harder to come by as the old machines die or get overwritten).

Hahaha, yeeeeeah I was pretty disappointed after all of that too. I was really hoping to find some long lost stuff you know?? I couldn't be mad at my brother about it, he's just not the sentimental type and was probably finally excited to have his very own computer after a whole life of having to share everything as the youngest sibling.

grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2024 @559.31 »

Back in like 2001 - 2003 we had a family computer. May have been just around 2001 - 2002, lol I forget. It wasn't bought as a family PC or anything, it was mainly just a leftover PC dad had, that he put in the living room. So it was mainly his, he had some documents on it and such, but for us others, we would sometimes just browse a few web sites on it to pass time. I remember downloading some items for Sims 1 on it.

Then around 2005 - 2007, maybe 2006-2007 we had this random crappy laptop as a "family computer" again, lol. I think it was some dumpster-diving type laptop dad had found somewhere. It was utter trash, would have to wait like 4 minutes for a website to load, lol. Horrible experience. But once you had a software running, it was fine. We used it to just reach each other thru like MSN/Skype. I would be sitting in my bedroom and my dad in the living room while we played Park-A-Lot on Skype, haha.

I also used this laptop to look up walkthroughs of PS2 games I was playing. Like those old school text-walkthroughs.

I think we scrapped it at some point and put up a desktop PC again at some point in early 2007. My dad would play some sort of thrifted Wolfenstein game on it, lol. I remember we would move this PC around a bit in the living room. Dad wanted it on the coffeetable, mom wanted it to have a more normal spot at a desk. She would play solitaire on it sometimes.

I moved out in 2008, which ended the concept of a "family pc" I guess.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Oo Animal Crossing Towns oO - Share your town!

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 8
Views: 2394
Last post November 07, 2023 @41.97
by soapfriendo
Share your local artists!

Started by MemoryBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 10
Views: 1732
Last post August 30, 2024 @94.53
by Audball
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 60
Views: 8284
Last post September 07, 2024 @193.80
by halcybutton

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi