Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @304.32 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 26/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  The Little Things

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Little Things  (Read 410 times)
litten
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Do what you want forever!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: litten

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 02, 2024 @56.05 »

I've never been an outdoorsy person and prefer to spend my time indoors, but today I spent a few hours weeding the garden outside. It was incredibly hot out and I ended up with a few aches and pains from crouching so long, but I feel so proud of reaching out of my comfort zone and doing something that I wouldn't have done in the past. I enjoyed it! It was satisfying to see the progress I made in short time, and I saw quite a few cool bugs and a salamander!

It wasn't anything too awe-inspiring or extravagant, but I feel such a contentedness with it. The mundane little things in life often get overlooked, even when they bring joy for just a moment.

What is a little thing that brought you joy today? It can be anything at all, no matter how big or small :4u:

Audball
Jr. Member ⚓︎

WOE BE TO THOSE WHO SEE!!!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: audball

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2024 @89.16 »

I went out to eat with a friend.  :grin: It was the first time in a while that I had been out of the house, so it felt good to get some sun (though I agree with you, it was HOT today.) Always nice to see people face to face, too. There's a certain something about face to face communication that is lost through the internet I feel, so it's always uplifting to get that connection again.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt." ~Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Slaughterhouse Five
invader_gvim
Jr. Member ⚓︎

My husband kept loving me when I became a girl.

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Sent On Earth By The Almighty TallestJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2024 @771.49 »

Well, this morning I woke up and felt pretty bad because of how I felt yesterday. When I opened the door to my bedroom and walked into the living room I discovered that my husband had made a grilled cheese sandwitch for me. Today's going to be okay, and I feel really happy.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2024 @860.74 by invader_gvim » Logged

Audball
Jr. Member ⚓︎

WOE BE TO THOSE WHO SEE!!!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: audball

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2024 @778.08 »

Well, this morning I woke up and felt pretty bad because of how I felt yesterday. When I opened the door to my bedroom and walked into the living room I discovered that my husband had made a grilled cheese sandwitch for me. Today's going to be okay, and I feel really happy.

Awww that's so sweet! What a loving husband. :grin: I'm glad things are looking up for you! Today IS going to be okay. Grilled cheese rocks too. Cannot go wrong!

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt." ~Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Slaughterhouse Five
invader_gvim
Jr. Member ⚓︎

My husband kept loving me when I became a girl.

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Sent On Earth By The Almighty TallestJoined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2024 @782.66 »

Awww that's so sweet! What a loving husband. :grin: I'm glad things are looking up for you! Today IS going to be okay. Grilled cheese rocks too. Cannot go wrong!

He made the grilled cheese using ghee, which is butter with the cooking properties of oil. It's easy to make. So step one was to use bread which he has intentionally let get slightly stale so that it can be toasted better. The ham and turkey gets fried. The half stale bread gets toasted / fried in ghee. Then it all gets fried together so that it can have melty cheese.  :loved:

Rosesarered
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2024 @648.95 »

I waked up scared today because of a nightmare and talked with my brother and i now feeling good! I was sad hours ago  Someone feels the way that i  feel? Someone have A handsome people that always put you  Up?  :dive:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2024 @826.11 by Rosesarered » Logged

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2024 @959.70 »

I am glad you did something beyond the realms of your usual interests, it's great you had a nice time in the garden and sunshine! Also amazing that you saw a salamander in your garden, what colors did it have?

Something that bought me joy today was seeing a huge harvestman (arachnid) in the corner of my living room. He'd somehow caught a few moths and had clearly been eating them as he'd left a moult near his web funnel. It was just really nice to see him chilling.

Does anyone else love seeing arachnids in their homes? :)

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2024 @997.64 »

I waked up scared today because of a nightmare and talked with my brother and i now feeling good!
People really underestimate the power of just talking about things with someone out loud :grin: I remember once after falling out with a friend, for days the whole world seemed like it was in grayscale and flat ~ eventually I broke down and had to talk about it, and as soon as I did it was like color and depth came flooding back. It didn't make loosing the friend any less heartbreaking, but it did set me on the road to feeling better about it! I'm glad you've got a handsome people to get you up :4u:

I reallyyyy dont; but its good to know someone out there does :happy: Daddy-long-legs-s always remind me of summer holidays in Connemara staying in an old stone farmhouse; it was always damp and cold, but the smell of peat-fires and tea from a gas stone and the feeling of rough flannel bed sheets and woolen blankets and editing movies in iMove 2, will always be my little things. Whats your most comforting type of spider?

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Rosesarered
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2024 @19.61 »

People really underestimate the power of just talking about things with someone out loud :grin: I remember once after falling out with a friend, for days the whole world seemed like it was in grayscale and flat ~ eventually I broke down and had to talk about it, and as soon as I did it was like color and depth came flooding back. It didn't make loosing the friend any less heartbreaking, but it did set me on the road to feeling better about it! I'm glad you've got a handsome people to get you up :4u:
I reallyyyy dont; but its good to know someone out there does :happy: Daddy-long-legs-s always remind me of summer holidays in Connemara staying in an old stone farmhouse; it was always damp and cold, but the smell of peat-fires and tea from a gas stone and the feeling of rough flannel bed sheets and woolen blankets and editing movies in iMove 2, will always be my little things. Whats your most comforting type of spider?

I died of happiness! Sometimes we need to tell the truth for someone to show who we really are, I felt like my brother was the only one who would listen to me! After that I felt so happy I told everything bad to explode  :transport:

tertiaryapocalypse
Jr. Member ⚓︎

travelling through space at a very high speed

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: tertiaryapocalypse

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!bred :3Joined 2024!
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2024 @283.06 »

not something from today, but from yesterday -- i went down to the library and coded for an hour or so, & then i borrowed two books and two cds! i felt so productive :-)

yes!!! i used to have a spiderweb on the side mirror of my car, though i never saw the fella that lived there. i think they've moved on, though.

TERTIARYAPOCALYPSE.a button reading long gone legends in black and white with an eye icon with a star pupil
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2024 @834.02 »

That's a nice snippet of memories, was like a mood board I visualised in my head of all the things from that moment in your life.

My most comforting type of spider would have to be the jumping zebra spider - they are like tiny 8-legged kittens! They're such great little hunters and they love to play, I've managed to play with a few I've found in the past - they chase bits of hair and tiny bits of crumbs like a cat would a catnip toy haha.

Plus they're so adorable.

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2024 @853.89 »

not something from today, but from yesterday -- i went down to the library and coded for an hour or so, & then i borrowed two books and two cds! i felt so productive :-)

yes!!! i used to have a spiderweb on the side mirror of my car, though i never saw the fella that lived there. i think they've moved on, though.

I didn't see this so didn't multi-quote it when replying to Melon (oops sorry!) but it's awesome to hear more people appreciating our little leggy buddies.  I love finding spiderwebs in places, or following snail trails in the garden to what little gastropod it might lead me to.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Things you've overheard?

Started by DoctorScreechBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 15
Views: 2819
Last post October 08, 2024 @902.21
by Dazhak
Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 20
Views: 9360
Last post October 17, 2024 @830.53
by ヤーナム
Tiny things, a topic for tiny things

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 18
Views: 4203
Last post August 23, 2023 @886.10
by Memory

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi