Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @628.53 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  BUG WATCH! - If you see a bug report it here!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print
Author Topic: BUG WATCH! - If you see a bug report it here!  (Read 11179 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2023 @737.85 »

the code for that specific rule wouldn't work. is it possible to fix this?
As far as I know, this can't be easily fixed - its a limitation of how the forum processes text; more advanced CSS selectors essentially don't work :ziped: but there are usually ways to work around the issue!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
SuperKirbylover
Newbie ⚓︎

hi guys - skl

StatusCafe: SuperKirbylover

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2023 @640.12 »

As far as I know, this can't be easily fixed - its a limitation of how the forum processes text; more advanced CSS selectors essentially don't work :ziped: but there are usually ways to work around the issue!

damn, that sucks! well thank you for the reply :]

kiki & ayano
Casual Poster ⚓︎

devour the past

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2023!
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2023 @699.84 »

i started writing this message twice but the first time the page unceremoniously crashed at random while typing it on my phone, and then i somehow accidentally closed out of it while typing it on my laptop

so i was trying to check the forum on my phone this morning and encountered a startling visual glitch that i'm bringing up because i'm worried it could trigger epilepsy if someone else were unlucky enough to stumble on it. i can't replicate this behavior on other webpages so i think it's isolated to the forum and not an issue with my phone? i'm using an iphone 13, ios 15.7, safari browser. i honestly have no clue what the trigger is, but it starts when i tap a hyperlink sometimes, and it stops if i refresh the page, usually.

here's a video of it but warning for potential epilepsy trigger/eyestrain!! at the very least it's super disorienting visually

edit: i just realized that the recording didn't even properly capture the bug. i'm not sure how else to record it though? i guess i could ask for my mom's phone to record it with a camera. the glitch includes rapid flickering of elements shaking up and down that i guess was so fast that the screen recording didn't capture it?

- kiki

過去喰らい尽くした
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2023 @713.09 »

i think it's isolated to the forum and not an issue with my phone? i'm using an iphone 13, ios 15.7, safari browser
Iv issued an update that might solve this issue! (It seems like its a known Safari bug and something that Apple really needs to fix, but I found a possible patch)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
kiki & ayano
Casual Poster ⚓︎

devour the past

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2023!
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2023 @717.37 »

Iv issued an update that might solve this issue! (It seems like its a known Safari bug and something that Apple really needs to fix, but I found a possible patch)

i'm still getting it even after a clear of my browser history/cache but i'm not sure if the update just needs more time to get to me? regardless, sucks that it's an apple issue specifically. i swear safari is such jank half the time
- kiki

過去喰らい尽くした
fatgrrlz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

She/They Girl-thing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2023 @692.94 »

Posts made by users in your ignore list still show the content of their post anyway. For an example I temporarily ignored Melooon for a second and pulled up my original greeting thread. It appears like this:

And hitting "Show Me The Post" just shows the ignored person's profile.

This has happened to me on Firefox and Chrome on Desktop and Chrome on Mobile on their most recent versions.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2023 @773.83 »

Posts made by users in your ignore list still show the content of their post anyway
I didn't even know we had an ignore system! :drat:

I did a little searching; firstly - in your Look & Layout settings do you have "Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list." checked?

And secondly, did you happen to test this on other themes or is it only in the dreamy theme?

Thank you for reporting this!

fatgrrlz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

She/They Girl-thing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2023 @830.64 »

I didn't even know we had an ignore system! :drat:

I did a little searching; firstly - in your Look & Layout settings do you have "Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list." checked?

Yes indeed! It looks like it's enabled by default.

And secondly, did you happen to test this on other themes or is it only in the dreamy theme?

I tested the default Melonland one and the Ignore option doesn't appear to work at all (I even tried clearing my cache/cookies/et al. and it still appeared). It has the same behavior on the Melonland 98 theme as well:

But it does appear to be functioning as intended on the Newspaper theme though! :3

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2023 @867.50 »

Given these results; I suspect I must have accidentally removed the ignore system when I added personalised text; but it should be fixable :grin: (I suspect it never existed in the MelonLand theme though which is much older, but it should be addable by referencing the newer themes)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023 @868.92 by Melooon » Logged

Badgersaurus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Punk-Rock Mustelizard from Beyond the Stars

iMood: Badgersaurus

View Profile WWW

« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2023 @13.84 »

I'm probably one of very few people who use the Melonland Times theme but I like it for the more low-key yet still old-web kitsch feel. Anyway, recently I've noticed forum threads have stopped displaying profile pictures; for example, the first post in this thread:

Profile pictures seem to display fine everywhere else; in the shoutbox, on profile pages, etc. This happens for every user uniformly, including myself. Not sure how long this has gone on for exactly.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023 @17.67 by Badgersaurus » Logged

Rock n' Roll High-School...er
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2023 @24.21 »

stopped displaying profile pictures
Ah you said icons! Profile pictures is a different story; I switched them off in the newspaper theme when I was minimalising it a little - I felt it made it less distracting; but I can turn them on again if you prefer!

Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2023 @470.66 »

Still some problems with italics font on the Recent Posts page.

Have a look at the image in the attachments:
Post #16 has the last word "mine" in italics.
That makes all the other posts below also having italics font and not reverting back to normal.

* formatting.png (241.85 kB, 1600x1169 - viewed 20 times.)
Yukari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

RISK IT for the BISCUIT

View Profile WWW

« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2023 @958.81 »

Ah you said icons! Profile pictures is a different story; I switched them off in the newspaper theme when I was minimalising it a little - I felt it made it less distracting; but I can turn them on again if you prefer!
:eyes: I am another Newspaper theme user who would greatly appreciate this change!

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2023 @25.14 »

Emojis don't work for me right now - I'm not sure if it's my browser or general, and how many. But in my Mythic thread in Technology & Archiving, the :smile: doesn't work? I even edited and redid it, but still. It works here..

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2023 @26.62 »

But in my Mythic thread in Technology & Archiving
All of them or just in that thread? Currently emojis are broken if you post them after a youtube video :ohdear: I believe there is a fixed version of the youtube plugin, but since our version is custom I have yet to port it over to this forum!!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

hello !! heres some art of mine C:

Started by 2010Board ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 2902
Last post August 24, 2023 @939.38
by 2010
What's the last movie you watched and how did you like it?

Started by myryBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 78
Views: 6299
Last post March 15, 2024 @796.63
by almostcorporeal
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 47
Views: 3687
Last post March 17, 2024 @568.10
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi