Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 09 Oct 2026 - @683.48
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :defrag: Lo and Behold :defrag: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ MelonLand Info & Questions
| | |-+  BUG WATCH! - If you see a bug report it here!


« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Print Embed
Author Topic: BUG WATCH! - If you see a bug report it here!  (Read 84412 times)
Dan Q
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


I have no idea what I am doing
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Dan Q Cruisin'I DIDN'T meet Dan Q on Melonland!Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!
« Reply #225 on: Autumn, 04 Nov 2025 @482 » Toggle Font Embed

Two suggestions:

Update advice on "surf no embed" page?

The Surf Navigator's "I can't embed this in a frame" page contains the following text:

Quote
If you are the site owner, you'll need to enable "X-Frame-Options: ALLOW-FROM" in your web server configuration to fix this error!

This is probably outdated advice. The ALLOW-FROM directive isn't supported by any modern browser except Firefox for Android. People should probably be pointed in the direction of Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors instead.

Update backend code detecting non-embedability?

Possibly the backend code is also looking for this header, too, in order to set up the allowsEmbed attribute in surfClubSites.json?

If both an X-Frame-Options: and a Content-Security-Policy: header are present, and the Content-Security-Policy: header contains a frame-ancestors directive, then the latter takes precedence!

For example, https://danq.me/ exposes the following headers:

Code
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Content-Security-Policy: [...] frame-ancestors 'self' https://melonland.net; [...] 

These headers say:

  • If a browser understands only the X-Frame-Options: header, only allow danq.me to load danq.me in a frameset
  • But if the browser understands the more-modern Content-Security-Policy:, also allow danq.me to be loaded in a frameset by melonland.net

That latter directive ought to make the surf navigator work. In fact, it does, if I manually hack the src of the <iframe> with my debugger (you can try this yourself by going to https://melonland.net/surf-navigator?site=3133 and repointing the <iframe> from small-pages/surf-no-embed.html to https://danq.me/ - it should work)! But I'm guessing that the backend code is seeing my "fallback" X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN and disallowing it from being shown?

Hope that all makes sense. Sorry I keep making work for you!

Logged

https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-lighter.gif https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-peekaboo-scroller.gif https://beige-buttons.danq.dev/beige-buttons-88x31.gif https://embed-html.danq.dev/embed-html-88x31.gif

Artifact Swap: PolyamorousI met Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
KiwiMeowo
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


Meow
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: kiwimeowo
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #226 on: Autumn, 27 Nov 2025 @404 » Embed

When I post a reply with a quote in a forum and get alerted by the "quote is too long" warning, I couldn't edit the message until I refresh or click preview.

Logged

https://kiwimeowo.neocities.org/art/cook.png
Meow :3

https://kiwimeowo.neocities.org/button/button.png
Dan Q
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


I have no idea what I am doing
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Dan Q Cruisin'I DIDN'T meet Dan Q on Melonland!Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!
« Reply #227 on: Autumn, 30 Nov 2025 @784 » Toggle Font Embed

Since the HTTP compatibility changes, the "click here" (to approve or deny their request) link when somebody sends you a buddy request is broken. It looks like the link was a scheme-neutral one (beginning //) but has accidentally been preprended with a scheme and domain, resulting in links that look like this:

Code
<a href="http:////forum.melonland.net///forum.melonland.net/index.php?action=profile;area=lists;sa=buddies;u=3133" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Click here</a> to approve or deny their request.

Or else possibly a double-escaping issue.

Logged

https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-lighter.gif https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-peekaboo-scroller.gif https://beige-buttons.danq.dev/beige-buttons-88x31.gif https://embed-html.danq.dev/embed-html-88x31.gif

Artifact Swap: PolyamorousI met Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #228 on: Autumn, 30 Nov 2025 @820 » Toggle Font Embed

Since the HTTP compatibility changes, the "click here"
Possibly fixed! Thanks for reporting this one, I suspect there will be a few bugs like this - I think its because the PM you receive is going through normal text processing, but its using an internal server address, I suspect any server-sent-PM might have this issue, but buddies might be the only subsystem to do that?? Unless guilds do them too?

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: Have a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
larvapuppy
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


World's Worst Baby Seal
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: larvapuppy
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
CubesealSpheal, I Choose You!Wave MailsealFirst 1000 Members!Bisexual
« Reply #229 on: Winter, 02 Dec 2025 @689 » Toggle Font Embed

@Melooon I can confirm that the guild requests do the same thing!

Logged

Newest Clothing

Artifact Swap: Sail CreatureHE WATCHES YOUcup 4 uStripe²happy shirousa
ABlueRose
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


chaunacops!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!A Blue FlowerJoined 2025!
« Reply #230 on: Winter, 05 Dec 2025 @948 » Toggle Font Embed

Something seems to be wrong with the RSS feed for the forum. Even after re-adding the forum to my reader, I haven't gotten any updates since December 2nd (I am pretty new to using RSS feeds though, so sorry if I'm doing something dumb on my end!)

Logged

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1401/1401785hdot6n2ft1.gifhttp://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/760/760510x08kzkxcu1.gifhttp://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/974/974351t9iy67l9g0.gifhttp://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/485/485100pcc1kskzgw.gifhttp://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1542/1542934cmkgjrchf0.gif

Dan Q
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


I have no idea what I am doing
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Dan Q Cruisin'I DIDN'T meet Dan Q on Melonland!Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!
« Reply #231 on: Winter, 06 Dec 2025 @460 » Toggle Font Embed

Something seems to be wrong with the RSS feed for the forum. Even after re-adding the forum to my reader, I haven't gotten any updates since December 2nd (I am pretty new to using RSS feeds though, so sorry if I'm doing something dumb on my end!)

What's the URL you're using for the feed?

There's an RSS feed at https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss;limit=15 and it looks valid to me, and the most recent post matches with what I'd suspect is the most-recent post.

There's an Atom feed at https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?action=.xml;type=atom;limit=15 which  seems not to validate... but I think the validator's wrong: the feed content looks okay to me, and I just tested it in a feed reader and it seemed to work. And it still showed what I'd expect to be the most-recent post.

But possibly you're using a feed from some other URL?

Logged

https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-lighter.gif https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-peekaboo-scroller.gif https://beige-buttons.danq.dev/beige-buttons-88x31.gif https://embed-html.danq.dev/embed-html-88x31.gif

Artifact Swap: PolyamorousI met Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #232 on: Winter, 06 Dec 2025 @628 » Toggle Font Embed

There's an Atom feed at
I have had issue's where the atom feed will randomly stop updating for me too; its like there something that glitches it out every now and then and the only way to fix it is to delete the feed from my reader and re-add it a few days later. I've never really figured out the issue though, it must be a fault in every SMF forum since we are running standard feed code :dunno:

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: Have a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #233 on: Winter, 09 Dec 2025 @989 » Toggle Font Embed

Something seems to be wrong with the RSS feed

I issued some fixes and did some testing; I suggest you remove and re-add the feed from here - be sure not to use the atom link since it seems to be buggy!

(ALSO: if you are using an older feed reader you can now access the feed vita HTTP instead of HTTPS - this may help some people!)

Lemmy know if you run into future issues :wizard:

« Last Edit: Winter, 16 Dec 2025 @703 by Melooon » Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: Have a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
MediocreMetastasis
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Wishlist Skelecool: Remnants Please!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #234 on: Winter, 10 Dec 2025 @198 » Toggle Font Embed

This is a very odd issue but whenever I leave the forum page open in a tab and I restart my browser I get pinged notifications for alerts I have already seen and viewed.

Logged


Artifact Swap: Sad DoggoNeutral Doggo
Dan Q
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


I have no idea what I am doing
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Dan Q Cruisin'I DIDN'T meet Dan Q on Melonland!Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!
« Reply #235 on: Winter, 10 Dec 2025 @542 » Toggle Font Embed

This is a very odd issue but whenever I leave the forum page open in a tab and I restart my browser I get pinged notifications for alerts I have already seen and viewed.

This'll be because new alerts get picked up by each tab, but alerts that you click on only trigger an event in the current tab. And your browser is caching the DOM. I guess.

It'd probably be a huge pain for @Melooon to implement a solution for (I'd guess), requiring additional checks in the "do I have alerts?" callback. Refreshing the page should make them go away (because you've already viewed them). Telling your browser, if possible, not to cache the DOM for left-open tabs will also work, but with a performance hit (it'll have to load pages you already had-open when you restart your browser, rather than just showing it in its previous state).

Logged

https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-lighter.gif https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-peekaboo-scroller.gif https://beige-buttons.danq.dev/beige-buttons-88x31.gif https://embed-html.danq.dev/embed-html-88x31.gif

Artifact Swap: PolyamorousI met Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
ABlueRose
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


chaunacops!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!A Blue FlowerJoined 2025!
« Reply #236 on: Winter, 12 Dec 2025 @932 » Toggle Font Embed

What's the URL you're using for the feed?

There's an RSS feed and it looks valid to me, and the most recent post matches with what I'd suspect is the most-recent post.

There's an Atom feed at https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?action=.xml;type=atom;limit=15 which seems not to validate... but I think the validator's wrong: the feed content looks okay to me, and I just tested it in a feed reader and it seemed to work. And it still showed what I'd expect to be the most-recent post.


I issued some fixes and did some testing; I suggest you remove and re-add the feed from http://forum.melonland.net/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss;limit=15 - be sure not to use the atom link since it seems to be buggy!

Lemmy know if you run into future issues :wizard:

That was the issue! I didn't realize there was two feeds, and I was using the atom feed. Thank you so much, both of you!!!

Logged

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1401/1401785hdot6n2ft1.gifhttp://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/760/760510x08kzkxcu1.gifhttp://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/974/974351t9iy67l9g0.gifhttp://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/485/485100pcc1kskzgw.gifhttp://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1542/1542934cmkgjrchf0.gif

Dan Q
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


I have no idea what I am doing
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Dan Q Cruisin'I DIDN'T meet Dan Q on Melonland!Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!
« Reply #237 on: Winter, 26 Dec 2025 @535 » Toggle Font Embed

Following the HTTP/HTTPS reconfiguration changes, links in plain text "topic reply" notification emails are no longer detectable as links by most email software.

Attached images show "before" and "after" emails. Note how the "after" email omits the requisite scheme (https:) from the link, which means that it's no longer detected as a URL and so isn't clickable.



* melonland-notification-email-preslashy-link.png (24.3 kB, 639x322 - viewed 44 times.)

* melonland-notification-email-slashy-link.png (22.65 kB, 635x328 - viewed 50 times.)
Logged

https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-lighter.gif https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-peekaboo-scroller.gif https://beige-buttons.danq.dev/beige-buttons-88x31.gif https://embed-html.danq.dev/embed-html-88x31.gif

Artifact Swap: PolyamorousI met Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
arcus
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #238 on: Winter, 02 Jan 2026 @265 » Toggle Font Embed

Setting your site's url to HTTP instead of HTTPS under details doesn't work.

Hitting "Save as Draft" on a post posts it instead.

Logged

poesu
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


So many links, so little time
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
THE tieTriple HornsDevil HornsDevil Cursor TailStripey ScarfFrom Tuffy with ❤️
« Reply #239 on: Winter, 26 Feb 2026 @315 » Toggle Font Embed

In the welcome email it's suggested to write a greeting, but the link leads to a board where no new topics can be created. It'll be more logical if it leads to https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?topic=3315

Logged

https://poesu.neocities.org/images/my_button.pnghttps://poesu.neocities.org/buttons/88x31/no_squircle.webphttps://poesu.neocities.org/buttons/88x31/accessibility.webp

Artifact Swap: SquirrelThis artifact is invisibleAda the ButterflyWhite-Winged Scoter<html>I met Dan Q on Melonland!Icecream sundaeender pearl yappin kittayDripping inkyshroomoupyShang Mu AcademyfunguyPhone's Ringing!Pastel eyebatAmerican CrowLarge watercraftKitty KittyLollipopPink camera flashEyeSeeYou
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe