Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @63.07 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 22/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 937.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | | |-+  movies you rewatch constantly?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: movies you rewatch constantly?  (Read 295 times)
glitterpigeon
Full Member ⚓︎

And there's a blue like where the urban angels go

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: glitterpigeon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 17, 2024 @368.41 »

i call these autism movies cause that's why I do this with certain movies but you might not be autistic and still have one. feel free to answer too! do you have any movies you rewatch constantly?

I go through periods where I watch the same movie every day and struggle to do anything else. i've only ever had two, and because I am a music guy and not a movie guy they are both musicals, but they are stop making sense and cabaret!

for extra autism points(tm) I like to watch them while eating the only foods I ever eat (hyperbole) tortellini or peanut butter toast. :loved: I find repetition like this makes me better able to navigate a world that makes very little sense and is often very scary. interestingly, I feel these movies also both relate to that theme, though in very different ways. do you have any theories as to why you are drawn to the specific movies you are?

pigeons will save the world!!!
zawieja
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Call me Ren!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Epic Cat AwardFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2024 @423.41 »

People often call it comfort movies, I believe. I don't rewatch movies often, but when I do, it's usually when I have a bad mood and I know seeing something will just make me feel better. Usually it's animated movies like Mulan, Frozen, How To Train Your Dragon, or Legend of Hei.

I remember when I was a kid I could watch Lion King everyday, though, and I did it for no specific reason  :ok: I could recite all the dialogue from the memory!

─── °∘❉∘° ───

─── °∘❉∘° ───
BlackMageGaming
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!Black Mage HatJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2024 @701.71 »

I don't know what I would consider "constantly" for me, but I've watched Bladerunner 2049 more times than I remember. It always gets me thinking, and that's what I love about media and films.
I also watch a lot of movies that fall under that same umbrella, Taxi Driver, Drive (2011), Baby Driver, and many other "literally me" movies I would watch back to back over the course of several evenings.
I remember when I was a kid I could watch Lion King everyday, though, and I did it for no specific reason  :ok: I could recite all the dialogue from the memory!
Ohhh when I was a kid I would watch Finding Nemo on a little portable DVD player all the time :ozwomp: I think I just loved all the blue water in the movie!

"The joy of living far outweighs the fear of death."
~ Black Mage #288

Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2024 @742.82 »

I have a few movies I replay regularly.

Sonic The Hedgehog OVA is probably my most re-watched.

Not sure why this is one of my favorite movies of all time. I don't necessarily LOVE Sonic, I know the movie is cheesy, I know it's not the best pacing, but it's  just so damn enjoyable. The 90's art style is just so pretty, the movie has so much personality and quotable lines, the music is great, Knuckles has a cowboy hat. I don't watch this movie like daily or anything, but I definitely watch it once or twice a year.

Outside of that, I really enjoy re-watching One Piece Baron Omatsuri and The Secret Island, Akira, Kiki's Delivery Service and Summer Wars  all pretty often as well.

sokil
Jr. Member ⚓︎

listen, there's music in the air

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: sokil
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2024 @856.72 »

i wouldn't necessarily call these "comfort movies" but some that i rewatch frequently are the silence of the lambs and various stephen king movies. psychological horror is one of my favorite genres.

for the sillier stuff, the ones i rewatch most are shaun of the dead (unpopular opinion: i prefer this over hot fuzz :tongue:), my cousin vinny, groundhog day, and planes, trains, and automobiles! they're even more fun to rewatch with friends, so i frequently suggest these for movie nights ^^ each movie is loads of fun and always brings me a laugh

oh my gosh, i used to do this all the time! same with toy story and monsters inc... to the point where all three were on the verge of being banned in my house growing up XD

a drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2024 @925.91 »

Haha I call them autism movies too (or comfort re-watch movies) - I've had a particular cycle for 30+ years; Beetlejuice, The Fly, Hellraiser, Pumpkinhead, Labyrinth, Fright Night, Penn & Teller's magical thread, EvilDead2, Killer Klowns, Sonic OVA.... and more recently I've added Krampus, Vivarium and Renfield to that rosta.

It's not just movies either, I rewatch cartoon series too like Real Monsters, Ghostbusters, Bily & Mandy, Invader Zim, Rockos Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy... etc.

Lyonid
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Controlled Chaos ~ Please be kind.

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2024 @947.89 »

I am that annoying friend who will watch The Arrival with you and constantly look at you until you react to the plot twist. It's by far not my favourite movie, but I ADORE it and could watch it every day. The mood, the message, the story, it always gets me excited. I could also cry every single time, haha.

xx <3
almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible miracle

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2024 @784.49 »

Saw (2004), In The Mood For Love, The Batman (2022), and Donnie Darko are my go-to autism/comfort movies  :ok:  most people wouldn't find them particularly 'comforting' though which gives me a bit of a giggle

the holy inquisition finds you guilty of heresy and you and your descendants must be cleansed in blood
tallyhall
Casual Poster ⚓︎

funky! what a funky!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: spookoku
PicMix: lemondemon

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2024 @800.19 »

i always find myself coming back to the lego movie & spies in disguise ... theyre very friend shaped kids movies (although i will admit one is a lot better than the other lol)

i think the majority of movies i had on dvd when i was little (the iron giant, toy story 2, cloud with a chance of meatballs, etc etc) would count as autism movies too because i would bring my dvd player everywhere & pretend it was an awesome hacker laptop

Sorcer
Casual Poster ⚓︎

:)

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2024 @992.94 »

Maybe this isn't constantly, but I used to be really into The Nightmare Before Christmas and watch it every year when the time was right. I see someone mentioned "comfort movies" above and I think for me, those are Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and The Wizard of Oz. Considering Oz was inspired by the success of Snow White, I guess I really like that kind of cheerful fairy tale musical from the 30s.

pysgodyn
Newbie ⚓︎

Riddle me this...

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: pysgodyn
iMood: pysgodyn

View Profile WWW

Bat-FanJoined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2024 @914.25 »

My hyper fixation since December last year has been Batman Forever (1995) so I've rewatched that a bunch! According to my Letterboxd I've watched it 12 times but I've also watched clips of my favourite scenes over and over plus I'm going to see it in cinema this Friday and again next week ^_^

I've watched The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) a lot because my boyfriend loves it (and I do too!)

There's been a bunch of movies I've been like this with (not as intensely though, I usually calm down after the 3rd or 4th watch) like the Bill & Ted movies, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 and 2, Pokemon (1999), probably more I can't remember at the moment.

I also rewatch movies a lot just to show them to people because I'm really into them in that moment of time but I'd consider that to be different to watching them for the pure raw enjoyment of the movie itself.

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2024 @119.41 »

I rewatch Whisper of the Heart, Luca and Nimona constantly! They're all comfort movies for me, all in different ways. :loved:

2/3 of these have "being a monster as an allegory for queerness" as a major sticking point. I'm sure this says nothing about me personally. *Subtly kicks my own multiple stories using this theme under the bed*

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

nuclearblues
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Heaven is a very large and interesting place

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: nuclearblues
iMood: nuclearblues

View Profile WWW

Cassettes !Joined 2024!
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2024 @132.88 »

my overall favorite movies that I rewatch all the time include the rocky horror picture show, evil dead II, back to the future, ferris bueller's day off, little shop of horrors, the 1979 muppet movie, and john carpenter's the thing. outside of that I tend to go through periods of being REALLY obsessed with specific films where I rewatch them constantly; probably the best example I have of that is alfred hitchcock's rope (1948), which I watched approximately 22 times from october 2023 to february 2024 according to my letterboxd. I've also seen grease a ton of times, but that's mostly because my friend used to do a weekly virtual watch party of it every friday night and I never had much going on.

BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2024 @534.86 »

I try to rewatch Carol (2015 dir. Todd Haynes) annually, although I failed to do so last year. Other than that there's very little movies I rewatch. I barely have enough patience to sit through new ones.

Then there's my brother, who for the last 30 years has been watching the same few movies every weekend. By extension, I too am rewatching those same few movies every weekend. At some point we had to pretend that the movie files were broken to give ourselves a break from this eternal rewatching hell, but now we just let him have his fun even if it drive us nuts. :ziped:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

You ever constantly visit an old website worrying that it's going to die soon

Started by easy_breezyBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 10
Views: 2645
Last post January 29, 2022 @847.84
by easy_breezy
Old French Animated Sci-fi Movies

Started by DojidaveBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 5
Views: 2017
Last post October 22, 2022 @478.83
by PineTree
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 60
Views: 8284
Last post September 07, 2024 @193.80
by halcybutton

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi