Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @75.05 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 925.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  does these ice cream pixel art graphics look good?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: does these ice cream pixel art graphics look good?  (Read 315 times)
Zunne
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Mmm... Ice Cream...

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: July 18, 2024 @675.98 »

hi! I am currently making some graphics for my ice cream website and thought to share these to this forum to get some criticism! (im not good at english :drat:) anyway, i feel like these look a bit off than i imagined, but eh, it's web 1.0 styled, it's bound to have some flaws in it

oh yea, yall could tell me what ice cream flavor I should make!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2024 @852.25 by Zunne » Logged

I wonder why i like ice cream so much?
BlackMageGaming
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!Black Mage HatJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2024 @712.72 »

If you're going for a web 1.0 style, I think they look good. :chef:  However, if you think they look off, what do you think is off about them?

"The joy of living far outweighs the fear of death."
~ Black Mage #288

tetrisk
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2024 @744.39 »

They look good to me! I don't really see what's off about them. I want ice cream now...
Zunne
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Mmm... Ice Cream...

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2024 @745.36 »

If you're going for a web 1.0 style, I think they look good. :chef:  However, if you think they look off, what do you think is off about them?

meh, I don't know, it's probably because of the sides of the ice cream itself, currently making a melted one as an icon that I would give to ice cream flavors that taste horrible for me : :ok:

Zunne
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Mmm... Ice Cream...

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2024 @745.93 »

They look good to me! I don't really see what's off about them. I want ice cream now...

me too...

zawieja
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Call me Ren!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Epic Cat AwardFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2024 @855.63 »

I agree, they look fine! The only critique that comes to mind is that most old graphics tend to have certain rules regarding the lineart;

but I personally don't consider it necessary. If it looks good, why change it?  :dive:

You could add caramel ice cream maybe, that kind is my favorite  :ha:

─── °∘❉∘° ───

─── °∘❉∘° ───
larvapuppy
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2024 @885.96 »

These are great! I love all of the different colours and details  :chef:

A couple of things I noticed: you might find them to look a little flat. Of course this could be intentional, but if you'd like to give them a bit more volume, you can countour the details more to the shape of the object - make them a bit more rounded to follow the curves on the cone and the pat of ice cream itself. Don't be afraid to use overlapping lines and details to show the texture of the ice cream.

To expand a bit on what zawieja mentioned, a lot of pixel art tends to avoid these "staircase"-type lines in favour of a sharper look.

This all depends on personal preference and what kind of look you're going for, though, so take these ideas with a grain of salt  :transport:

I'd like to suggest cookie dough iced cream  :ok:

the end of an era, one starts anew
Zunne
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Mmm... Ice Cream...

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2024 @928.87 »

These are great! I love all of the different colours and details  :chef:

A couple of things I noticed: you might find them to look a little flat. Of course this could be intentional, but if you'd like to give them a bit more volume, you can countour the details more to the shape of the object - make them a bit more rounded to follow the curves on the cone and the pat of ice cream itself. Don't be afraid to use overlapping lines and details to show the texture of the ice cream.

To expand a bit on what zawieja mentioned, a lot of pixel art tends to avoid these "staircase"-type lines in favour of a sharper look.

This all depends on personal preference and what kind of look you're going for, though, so take these ideas with a grain of salt  :transport:

I'd like to suggest cookie dough iced cream  :ok:

yea ill notice that aswell after making the outline, I didn't change it because I was too lazy :P I'll think about changing it to make it more "puffy" per se

also sure! I'll make one!

EDIT: tried to make the ice cream more puffed up but it looked bad XP though that may be because I'm kinda bad at pixel art, ill stick to the flat ice cream, it used to look even more flatter before XD i also kinda forget that the ice cream was also gonna be used for the recipes and taste test page (each invidiual page would have a drawing of what the ice cream looks like), even then ill prob make recipes of yall requested ice cream, so ill still make it! I don't know how to make whipped cream look that good though...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2024 @960.60 by Zunne » Logged

Zunne
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Mmm... Ice Cream...

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2024 @929.51 »

I agree, they look fine! The only critique that comes to mind is that most old graphics tend to have certain rules regarding the lineart;

but I personally don't consider it necessary. If it looks good, why change it?  :dive:

the crappy line art was intentional, as it's trying to mimic the, well, kinda bad web 1.0 graphics at the time ill make caramel tho! that ones my favorite!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2024 @936.16 by Zunne » Logged

Zunne
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Mmm... Ice Cream...

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2024 @956.71 »

I tried. I was struggling with the color of the cookie dough itself, as I felt like it isn't beige enough to, well, be cookie dough, the cookie was a bit small but eh, I can redo it if u want, the reason why the chocolate chips looks bad is because I just made a Triangle and then rotated and downscaled it multiple times.

whoops I replied to the wrong message! sorry!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2024 @985.12 by Zunne » Logged

Zunne
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Mmm... Ice Cream...

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2024 @958.63 »

the ice cream was easy to make until the "caramel syrup part", used a reference image and i still struggled, maybe I should try become better at pixel art

CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2024 @160.17 »

currently making a melted one as an icon that I would give to ice cream flavors that taste horrible for me

Making the bad flavors melted is a great idea!! :chef:

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Zunne
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Mmm... Ice Cream...

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2024 @522.04 »

Making the bad flavors melted is a great idea!! :chef:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Pixel Art - Mini Contest - New message icons!

Started by MelooonBoard ☑︎ ∙ Events and Activities

Replies: 21
Views: 4560
Last post July 18, 2024 @680.65
by Zunne
HIRA's Artworks

Started by MemoryBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3730
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
++ Forum Badges and Graphics ++

Started by MelooonBoard ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials

Replies: 7
Views: 4509
Last post April 15, 2023 @779.31
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi