Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @71.12 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 929.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Post Greetings Here!
| | | |-+  Newbie here! Hello!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Newbie here! Hello!  (Read 270 times)
Kaslia

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Just Horsing AroundJoined 2024!
« on: July 24, 2024 @152.00 »

Hi there! I'm Kaslia and I was very excited when I found this forum. I was born in the 90s and I miss the early 2000's internet. I feel sad with what the internet has turned into and I want to support smaller websites and creative projects instead of the big corporations!

I've been keeping social media at an arms length and I've always been interested in website creation, but I've never ventured past the website builders (webs - RIP, weebly, and now WIX) I hope to learn a lot from this forum and maybe work up the courage to start a neocities website when life slows down.

Some things about me.. I love writing and blogging, I'm a health nut, I love horses, and my favorite game has always been World of Warcraft! I love the early web and older websites and forums, and I look forward to getting to know everyone!  :grin:
OnBambisMind
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

The Kiwi GalJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2024 @374.59 »

Hiya Kaslia!  :seal: 

I am new too! I also feel sad about the current state of the internet, it feels so cookie cutter and corporate now.

Definitely start a neocities when you can, It is so fun! I only started 3 weeks ago and I've learned so much already. I started by watching a short youtube tutorial just to get some basic knowledge and then I built the main bulk of my site using Sadgrl's Layout builder and then experimenting with how each bit works from there. It looks really scary at first but it gets easier and easier the more you experiment with it.

I love horses too! What's your favourite breed/kind? My favorite is an Irish sport horse because I used to have one when I lived in Ireland. Her name was sooty and she was awesome but I had to sell her when I moved to England because horses over here are so expensive to keep. :sad:

See you around! :4u:

- Bambi xo

Sorry if I mispell things, I do try my best but I am dyslexic.
Kaslia

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Just Horsing AroundJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2024 @124.59 »

Hiya Kaslia!  :seal: 

I am new too! I also feel sad about the current state of the internet, it feels so cookie cutter and corporate now.

Definitely start a neocities when you can, It is so fun! I only started 3 weeks ago and I've learned so much already. I started by watching a short youtube tutorial just to get some basic knowledge and then I built the main bulk of my site using Sadgrl's Layout builder and then experimenting with how each bit works from there. It looks really scary at first but it gets easier and easier the more you experiment with it.

I love horses too! What's your favourite breed/kind? My favorite is an Irish sport horse because I used to have one when I lived in Ireland. Her name was sooty and she was awesome but I had to sell her when I moved to England because horses over here are so expensive to keep. :sad:

See you around! :4u:

- Bambi xo

Thank you for that information! I will definitely look into it! I saw your website on your thread and it looks amazing. I would've never guessed that you only started 3 weeks ago!!

My favorite breed of horse is a Friesian. I would love to own one someday but they are so expensive and would most likely have to get imported from Europe! (I'm in the USA) Its been a dream of mine to visit Ireland and England. I hope to see you around!  :smile:
Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2024 @432.93 »

Hello there !

Welcome to the Melonland Forum ! I've played WoW as well until the expansion where Sylvanas opens up the sky over Icecrown and that's where I dropped more or less. It was fun and I hope people enjoy playing it ! I bet you have all Alliance Horses mounts !
Eunice
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Behind every great woman there is a cat.

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Serennau

View Profile WWW

The Wise OneJoined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2024 @560.57 »

Hello Kaslia! I certainly do recommend getting stuck into building your own site.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi