Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @971.17 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 59/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 991 times)
AloeVega
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: May 20, 2022 @97.67 »

Hello everyone, I go by the alias of AloeVega (taken from aloe vera and the Vega system featured in the Green Lantern comics). I prefer they/them pronouns and masculine honorifics. I never really experienced the early internet personally, but I've always sort of had an interest in looking at the history of fandoms and the ways they communicated, which lead to me checking out a lot of Usenet archives and old Web 1.0 sites. When I started looking at these, it struck me how much more personal and less corporate they felt compared to the modern internet.

My main interests personally are mainly in the areas of science fiction and comic books. I really like Doctor Who (mainly the Classic series) and its spinoffs, especially Faction Paradox. In the realm of comics, I read a ton of DC stuff, and in particular I like Green Lantern and Superman a lot. I'm also really into music. I'm a jazz musician irl, and I spend a lot of time listening to different stuff - I'll listen to just about anything, but my particular interests are in jazz, funk, hip-hop, punk, and anything avant-garde or experimental.

I don't really have a website yet, but I'm planning on making one, and when I do you'll be able to find it at https://aloevega.neocities.org/

Looking forward to getting involved with this community!
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022 @28.16 »

Hey, welcome to the forum! :cheesy:

I'm getting into Usenet myself, do you know of any cool active newsgroups?

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022 @122.75 »

Hiiii welcome to the forum Aloe! :4u:

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you're new to website making here is a complete guide!
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* If you're interested in making 3D worlds check out this thread!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here first!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum on your site and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
AloeVega
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022 @940.23 »

Thank you both for the warm welcome!

I'm getting into Usenet myself, do you know of any cool active newsgroups?

I must admit that for me, I was interested in Usenet mainly to see the way fandoms were in the early days of the Internet, so I haven't really looked into how they are nowadays too much. I do know that alt.toys.transformers is still active, if that's at all up your alley!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi