Home Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 28, 2023, 10:04:08 pm
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 56/24hrs Show Unread Posts | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Recent Posts
News: !<o  Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality!  !<o

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Workshop Zone
| |-+  Showcase & Links
| | |-+  Cybertown
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cybertown  (Read 494 times)
Cobra!

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW
« on: May 21, 2022, 01:47:13 am »

I just discovered this in one of my surfs across the internet. There was this 3D online chat room in the mid 90s to late 2000s called "Cybertown", and it was pretty revolutionary for it's time!

You had custom 3D avatars, got to explore 3D worlds and chat via text. It was way more limited than the likes of VRChat and Second Life today, but I imagine I'd have loved it if I knew about it at the time! (Though my PC probably couldn't have run it)

From what I've been told, it even had a virtual currency, and they had people do jobs to earn it, which could be used to buy avatar items and furniture for your house. It was like a full digital economy!

There's a revival project going on, though functionality is fairly limited for now, but more is to come.

Anyone here ever used Cybertown back in the day?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 01:50:58 am by Cobra! » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines RSS | WAP2 | BBCode Help

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery!