Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 25, 2024 - @523.04 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  fellow therians/otherkin/alterhumans?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: fellow therians/otherkin/alterhumans?  (Read 211 times)
halcybutton
Jr. Member ⚓︎

i may be cringe but i am free

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: halcybutton
iMood: halcybutton
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: September 22, 2024 @110.90 »

alterhumanity is an umbrella term that includes therians, other/fictionkin, soulbonds, copinglinks, otherlinks, and more. you can read about all the different types here. i'll be using alterhuman as an umbrella term here, but note that not everyone who could be considered alterhuman identifies with the term. i am using it here for easier reading.

i'm therian and otherkin/fictionkin myself, and wanted to see if there were any others on the forum? feel free to talk about how you identify, what you identify with/as, what alterhumanity means to you, anything related really! ^_^

i myself have been identifying as kin for at least a decade now, i honestly expected it to diminish with time and it never did. honestly i think it grew stronger lol :grin: i have also been therian since i was a young child, although i didn't know the term for it till i got invested in certain online communities. my theriotypes are a big eye thresher shark and a flame point siamese cat. my biggest kin is a non-specific geth (mass effect). i have many other kintypes but they fluctuate and change as i change. the three i listed have been very solid for years though. i've always been pretty open with being kin, i know a lot of people act like it's cringe but as i have aged i have stopped caring about what people consider cringe.

i take my alterhumanity pretty seriously. it's a pretty substantial part of my identity, and it brings me comfort. not everyone takes it seriously though, and that's okay! i've known plenty of people that did it for fun more than anything else, and there isn't anything wrong with that. i think it's really neat how individual experiences can be so different from each other :4u:

HALCYON 
it/he/ey - EST
candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2024 @152.14 »

i take my alterhumanity pretty seriously. it's a pretty substantial part of my identity, and it brings me comfort. not everyone takes it seriously though, and that's okay! i've known plenty of people that did it for fun more than anything else, and there isn't anything wrong with that. i think it's really neat how individual experiences can be so different from each other :4u:

while i am pretty light with the whole "personally identifying with it" thing, i VERY strongly identify with slimes and similar blobby creatures (and bugs), and the main original character i identify with in my online accounts and also comic is based off a slime enemy from another game i also adore

new to oldnet be nice

TheMessengerVEVO
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Forget about life for a while.

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

A Real Digital Messenger PaperJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2024 @300.67 »

as the sentient envelope guy of this forum, hiiii!!!! alterhumans and stuff are awesome, gotta be my favorite gender

I Guess I'll Have To Change My Plan

Memory
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2024 @642.94 »

I feel like I may be alterhuman? I have always struggled with fitting in and seeing myself as a human. I feel like I'm just always pretending to be one and that I don't belong. I have always found comfort in robot characters and I feel close to them. They've always made sense to me and I found them to be extremely relatable.

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: azure

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2024 @743.63 »

I'm alterhuman; more specifically bunnykin, fallen angelkin, and mediakin of multiple varieties. My alterhumanity is very important to me, and it helps me reconcile/understand my fractured sense of self that I have thanks to my BPD. I've been active in the alterhuman community for over 5 years now! I have a whole section on my site dedicated to the subject, and education on the matter!

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

halcybutton
Jr. Member ⚓︎

i may be cringe but i am free

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: halcybutton
iMood: halcybutton
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2024 @84.51 »

while i am pretty light with the whole "personally identifying with it" thing, i VERY strongly identify with slimes and similar blobby creatures (and bugs), and the main original character i identify with in my online accounts and also comic is based off a slime enemy from another game i also adore

slimes are such fun guys, 10/10 creatures

as the sentient envelope guy of this forum, hiiii!!!! alterhumans and stuff are awesome, gotta be my favorite gender

sentient envelope.. i love that :3

I feel like I may be alterhuman? I have always struggled with fitting in and seeing myself as a human. I feel like I'm just always pretending to be one and that I don't belong. I have always found comfort in robot characters and I feel close to them. They've always made sense to me and I found them to be extremely relatable.

it definitely couldn't hurt to look into stuff like robotkin to see if something resonates! similar feelings in myself is part of why i kin an alien robot race  :4u:

I'm alterhuman; more specifically bunnykin, fallen angelkin, and mediakin of multiple varieties. My alterhumanity is very important to me, and it helps me reconcile/understand my fractured sense of self that I have thanks to my BPD. I've been active in the alterhuman community for over 5 years now! I have a whole section on my site dedicated to the subject, and education on the matter!

my alterhumanity helps me a lot with my fractured self too (BPD and DID double whammy ^^;).. so cool to meet another long term alterhuman community member!!! :seal: your otherkin section is super cool too, incredibly informative and really well done. i am also a mix of psychological and spiritual approaches when it comes to my alterhumanity as well :3

HALCYON 
it/he/ey - EST
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (2)

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canadians!!!

Started by SilkSkullBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 2
Views: 951
Last post October 11, 2022 @968.37
by SilkSkull
Any fellow merfolk otherkin here?

Started by StrawberrySysBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 0
Views: 604
Last post July 01, 2023 @115.32
by StrawberrySys

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi