Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 11 Oct 2026 - @716.35
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 284.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's only life! :dog: Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Greetings & News
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ (Archive) Greetings
| | | |-+  Hello!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 723 times)
Burl
Newbie
*
View Profile

⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« on: Autumn, 24 Sep 2024 @747 » Embed

Hello all.

Great to see and read about this web revival. :cheesy: I'm in my mid 30's so I grew up in the early 00's with really good memories of internet forums and all of the crazy websites and communities. I'm an app designer by trade these days and used to be a digital illustrator as well, and I attribute that to growing up when the internet was free and creative, building silly websites with friends and drawing cartoons. I'm looking forward to reading around and getting involved. I'd love to design some pretend mobile applications that have that late 90's / early 00's design aesthetic, when time allows!

Hopefully get to speak to you soon,
B


Logged
BlackMageGaming
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Thanks for being rad!Black Mage HatJoined 2024!Magic
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 25 Sep 2024 @738 » Toggle Font Embed

Welcome to MelonLand!

I hope you have a great time here and it's awesome to see that you're interested in web-revival!
Would you be willing to share any of your apps or digital illustrations? I'm personally really interested in programming. I'd love to see your app mockups that have a retro aesthetic to them!

What languages do you primarily code in?

Logged

"The joy of living far outweighs the fear of death."
~ Black Mage #288
https://blackmagegaming.com/icons/BMG_ForumSig.gifhttps://card.exophase.com/2/0/266938.png?1770155695
https://blackmagegaming.com/buttons/blackmagegamingButtonGenoSadness.gif

Artifact Swap: Nintendo 3DS!Game Gear!PlayStation Portable!Game Boy!
FE1NT
Casual Poster
*
View Profile WWW


me when i huh
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: FE1NT

Artifacts:
Graphic DesignerJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 26 Sep 2024 @210 » Toggle Font Embed

welcome to melonland!!

i'd love to see those apps if they come to fruition! i grew up on the 90's/00's web as well, and i think the old web revival is something we need desperately right now. i'm also a graphic designer myself, trying to come up with an idea for my own little corner of the web. it's been fun delving into archives of old web design/y2k revival and getting some authentic inspiration!!  :cheerR:  :pc:

Logged

Kalka
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Cube StoneMurbyGreat Posts PacmanGiver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2024 @842 » Toggle Font Embed

Hi Burl, welcome to the Melonland Forum !

I've known that era too, everything seemed so full of possibilities and fun, there was sometimes wonderful designs and huge failures but at least it was something. Pleased to meet you !

Logged

http://internetometer.com/image/51289.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe