Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @286.75 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 80/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Is it really fair to hate Comic sans?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Is it really fair to hate Comic sans?  (Read 5356 times)
Skykristal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2023 @740.22 »

There is just something about Comic Sans that feels.. cheap? I can't explain why. I don't hate more 'playful' looking fonts. Baby doll for example is quite similar but something about it just looks much better. It might be the height, the form idk but Comic sans was always a font I disliked. Even back in school where I constantly saw it in PowerPoint presentations lol. I don't dislike it because of being "overused". I see many fonts over and over and I'm not bothered by them at all.
But it's not a hard-to-read-font which is something I like about it!! It's a font that can be used pretty much anywhere. It's simple and clean.

Is it fair to hate comic sans? no, not really. The font is completely fine. I just wouldn't use it for any project myself.

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
probablyawizard

jeepers!

iMood: probablyawizard

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2023 @197.91 »

i

love

comic sans
:chef:

i can get behind hating it in professional contexts, but aside from personal preference, that's probably the only valid reason to dislike comic sans.

what is there to dislike about comic sans? i wouldn't know, but there's plenty of reasons to like comic sans :3

PROS OF COMIC SANS~~~~

1. its unprofessional nature makes it an inherently casual font. this is a font you can really relax around! you can trust it!

2. it's accessible :3

3. unlike other "childish" fonts, it's clean and simplistic. it's pleasant to look at

4. love it or hate it, you can't deny that it's a classic

us comic sans lovers will take over the world anyway, just give in
  :evil:
dirtnap
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2023 @848.50 »

hating comic sans was largely just a meme. it's a fine font, and i've always found it easier to read than most other fonts.

by far one of its greatest features is that I and l actually look different. they're identical in far too many sans-serif fonts, and for a long time that was the reason i hated sans-serif fonts.

but comic sans...it's so much more readable than most fonts.

with most fonts, i feel i'm fighting the font itself for the right to understand it.

comic sans doesn't have that problem for me. so, naturally:

look up comic serif

this is my browser's default serif font :)

i wanted something that resembled comic sans, but wasn't actually comic sans, so when someone used comic sans i could tell they'd done that deliberately.

comic serif is perfect for that.

it doesn't have accented characters or anything outside of the standard roman alphabet/arabic numerals, which is a bit of a shame. it means accented characters and special characters usually look tiny and resemble their times new roman brethren.

no js no shoes no problem
grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2023 @180.89 »

I agree with people saying hating Comic Sans is really just a meme. It reminds me of the Microsoft Messenger era, and I suppose kids those days (me) (I'm kids those days) wanted to hate on what they loved when they were a bit younger to feel more grown up, and it spread from there. Like every country and language having a mock-up, violent Barney the dinosaur song that no ones remembers ever learning, but knows the lyrics to heart.

It is one of the easiest fonts for dyslexic people to read among the ones that usually come with every OS, though. I learnt that (and was shown the research behind it) by a dyslexic teacher once, and now I kinda like it :) Won't use it for anything ever, I was the kid that used Century Gothic on Microsoft MSN, so to pretend I'm still cool I'll never use Comic Sans on anything. But it is quite charming  :smile:
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Comics!

Started by AloeVegaBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 13
Views: 1603
Last post October 20, 2022 @411.16
by nsequeira119
The Official Nicolas Comics Site

Started by nsequeira119Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 1
Views: 962
Last post July 10, 2022 @454.24
by Melooon
My Dad Hates The Beatles

Started by dotmidiBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 1719
Last post October 06, 2023 @746.90
by Tiffany

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi