Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @40.25 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  TrueAnon Episode 229: Internet for the People

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TrueAnon Episode 229: Internet for the People  (Read 1330 times)
ellievoyyd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Webmistress of Cybergrunge.net - Futa - she/her

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: May 31, 2022 @603.84 »

My favorite podcast, TrueAnon has uploaded a new episode about the internet!!! Very excited to listen, since this and a lot of other podcasts I like don't tend to cover the issue of the problems with the internet, although trueanon and Behind The Bastards have done good stuff on it.

You can listen to the new TrueAnon episode here:

They are interviewing Ben Tarnoff, author of a forthcoming book from Verso called Internet for the People. Let's have a listen and discussion of the episode? I haven't listened yet but will be while I clean today.

Let me know if you know any other podcasts that have done good in depth episodes on the internet.

== Official WebMistress of Cybergrunge.net ==
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022 @477.31 »

Interesting. The power of words sound never be forgotten. The evil companies really have too many good PR consultants to frame their products.
And well, nice message boards had always been there and will always be there as a counter-weight to the big social media, fortuneatly. Hopefully the message board owners will not make the mistake and fork, fork, fork their projects and communites for every single little detail that bothers them, because message boards only run well with a certain amout of participants.

Other podcasts:
Ehm... well if you know some German...

https://chaosradio.de/episoden

From the Chaos Computer Club, it's Chaosradio , especially the old episodes before 2002/2003, really covered computer stuff in extreme depth in 3 hour sessions on public (!) radio.
ellievoyyd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Webmistress of Cybergrunge.net - Futa - she/her

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022 @618.10 »

ha, well i hope you are OK with a very drastic non-sequitor, Gans, but another podcast I like with a funnily appropriate name covered some of the early internet organizing of the far right: https://idontspeakgerman.libsyn.com/75-tom-metzger-part-1

I guess i have read also a bit of the history of BBS's and forums and experienced a bit of it myself when i was much much younger, toward the end of their popularity i was on a few different forums.

There definitely is an annoying bit about splintering off, but to me i see that as a kind of "natural lifecycle" of things like this - the big social media are like Frankenstein monsters which are kept alive by artificial life support... there needs to be a true "ecosystem" that is alive and changing, instead of what has been the case for Web2.0 which has just been less of an ecosystem and more of a petri dish

== Official WebMistress of Cybergrunge.net ==
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022 @815.14 »

Very appropriate name, yes.

Maybe some other source of talks, more from the serious business side: Computer History Museum. Old chaps and ladies talking about the computer industry of the 70s, 80s, 90s... Wozniak might tell you something about Games and Apples. And Sir Tim Berners-Lee probably has a word on HTML specs... definetly lots of interesting personalities there.
Invidious-Link:
https://invidious.snopyta.org/channel/UCHDr4RtxwA1KqKGwxgdK4Vg
Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ComputerHistory
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 247
Views: 21154
Last post April 23, 2024 @951.50
by DiffydaDude
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 5468
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
Is the future of the internet in the metaverse?

Started by sadnessBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 17
Views: 3722
Last post April 21, 2023 @795.87
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi