Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @643.84 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 42/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Flash games

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Flash games  (Read 1510 times)
ArtisTheFox
Casual Poster

Hi! I'm Artis, a dark soul with a kind heart

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: June 10, 2022 @901.04 »

As we all know, Adobe Flash was shut down December 31, 2020. It was a very sad and unpopular decision. Luckily many flash game sites managed to update before this date, and many flash games still exist. Yet, undoubtly too many have been lost, possibly forever. Tell us: what was (or is!) your favourite flash game that you remember playing? Tell us when you played it, why, and if it's still out there. If you think it's worth checking out link it along with your comment!

In my case I mostly went on Spele.nl https://spele.nl/. It's a Dutch games website that still exists. My go-to games would be Happy Wheels, Apple Shooter, Buddy, Acrobat Girl and any racing or monster truck game. I visited that site almost very often between ages 9 to 11. I tested my girlfriend's and I compability on the Love Tester. Our names were never a good percentage. Maybe it was one of the reasons for our primary school romance breakup. Then I tested it with my name and my first boy crush... our score was much better. I've since gone back to the site a few times for nostalgia. Sadly the site design has 'modernized' (re: stylistically deteriorated) and slowly fewer and fewer old games remain playable. At least it still exists and works for the current 11 year olds.

Oh and recently I played 'Run' for the first time. With the little alien where you have to switch walls while running through space? I played for 40 minutes straight, not giving up, until I suddenly had enough lol. I think that's typical for flash games in general.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022 @902.80 by ArtisTheFox » Logged

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022 @919.18 »

Idk if it counts, but I like Alien Hominid as it originally started out as a flash game and then went to consoles.
Kitchen Staff
Casual Poster ⚓︎

He/they/glitch

iMood: KitchenStaff

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022 @14.47 »

My favourite flash games as a kid where Animal Jam and the Papa Games.

I would play with my friends on Animal Jam whenever I could and I even had a membership back then.

Out of all the Papa games I played, my favourite one was papa's Freezeria.I always liked seeing the circles fill up.

2kwatts

iMood: 2kwatts

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022 @130.35 »

Papa's Freezeria is one of my favorites, as well as the other games in that franchise. Jacksmith, I believe it was called, was one I also really liked. You would play as a donkey-type character and make swords & weapons for other animals, then take them to war. Thanks for making this thread, lots of nostalgia coming back! :pc: :smile:

:pc:
ArtisTheFox
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022 @639.36 »

Papa's Freezeria is one of my favorites, as well as the other games in that franchise. Jacksmith, I believe it was called, was one I also really liked. You would play as a donkey-type character and make swords & weapons for other animals, then take them to war. Thanks for making this thread, lots of nostalgia coming back! :pc: :smile:
I'm glad this topic is giving you the feelies! Thanks for responding

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2022 @793.19 »

~~~ Moved to Video Games Board, please continue :4u:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
ArtisTheFox
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2022 @977.16 »

~~~ Moved to Video Games Board, please continue :4u:
whoops i missed that subsection! thanks for moving it

MrsMoe

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2022 @421.59 »

I used to play a lot of dress up and character creator games! As a kid obsessed with animals, my favorites were the ones where you create warrior cats or wolf OCs.

During my Sonic phase, I played a whole lot of fangames too. My favorites above all else were Ultimate Flash Sonic and Sonic RPG~

Obspogon
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Hi

StatusCafe: obspogon
iMood: Obspogon
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2022 @707.97 »

i remember cartoon network flash games, miniclip, nitrome, bored.com
there was this one brawler called cactus mccoy, that was good

----------------------
https://obspogon.neocities.org/
----------------------

pancito
Casual Poster

any pronouns for me!

iMood: 800cherries

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2022 @787.34 »

i remember i game i used to play with my dad, in which you were a cook who had to prepare instant noodles for some hungry kids. the funny thing was that if you didn't do it fast enough, they would turn into werewolves! :ha:

☆゚°˖* ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و
Kitchen Staff
Casual Poster ⚓︎

He/they/glitch

iMood: KitchenStaff

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2022 @234.51 »

I remember playing that game too, but not as much as the Papa's games.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

the era of rpgmaker games

Started by cinniBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 27
Views: 4028
Last post August 16, 2023 @267.22
by Riqo
newgrounds' art games section

Started by DarmodejBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 1146
Last post February 03, 2022 @906.33
by Darmodej
I'm addicted to sandbox games

Started by Icey!Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 6
Views: 1457
Last post February 22, 2023 @523.34
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi