Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @66.34 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 22/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 934.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | | |-+  What's the last movie you watched and how did you like it?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: What's the last movie you watched and how did you like it?  (Read 10563 times)
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2024 @505.49 »

I'd never heard of I Saw The TV Glow before just now, but it sounds like something I wanna watch!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2024 @894.98 »

I finally forced myself to sit down and watch Ridley Scott's Napoleon from last year. Ooph its a bit of a slog, I had to take a few intermissions; but its a consistently good movie throughout :grin: 

If anything its just nice to see an old school epic movie being made that doesn't involve superheros or eye-candy CGI (I'm sure there is lots of CGI, but I never once found myself thinking about it) ~ otherwise it was a bit dark and brooding for my taste ~ Ill have to watch Marie Antoinette (2006) to counter that :tongue: I also enjoyed the French Republic phase at the start where everyone referd to each other as Citizen, maybe I'll start referring to everyone here as Netizen x :ha:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible miracle

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2024 @684.21 »

i've watched a few movies recently so i'll drop my short reviews here (:

Late Night With The Devil - mid. i see the vision, i just don't think it was executed very well. i seem to be pretty alone in this line of thought though, most of my friends thought it was one of the best horror movies of 2023

Monkey Man - dev patel's directorial debut that feels absolutely nothing like a directorial debut. crazy good, i swear the climax is more satisfying than most things i've ever experienced. genuinely been considering giving it a rewatch.

Challengers - INCREDIBLE movie with a matching score (who can blame them, it's done by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross). also a candidate for a rewatch. may thy racket chip and shatter lmao

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - also really enjoyed this but im a sucker for frances mcdormand. the comedy in it was a bit rough but thematically appropriate.

The Green Knight - another stunning dev patel movie, can he do no wrong? really loved the ending especially and thought it was interesting how similar the ending of this and Monkey Man are.

the holy inquisition finds you guilty of heresy and you and your descendants must be cleansed in blood
almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible miracle

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2024 @790.16 »

rewatched Challengers but also watched Bodies, Bodies, Bodies which i found pretty funny. not like a MUST watch but i think it's pretty quotable and good

the holy inquisition finds you guilty of heresy and you and your descendants must be cleansed in blood
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 18
Views: 6612
Last post August 31, 2024 @266.71
by greyskieshappymind
Old French Animated Sci-fi Movies

Started by DojidaveBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 5
Views: 2017
Last post October 22, 2022 @478.83
by PineTree
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 41
Views: 4898
Last post August 01, 2024 @945.76
by arsenicCatnip

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi