Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @537.65 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  What's the last movie you watched and how did you like it?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: What's the last movie you watched and how did you like it?  (Read 6724 times)
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2023 @145.57 »

This past weekend I watched Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves! I honestly did not expect to like it as much as I did! They did a really good job of making it feel like an adaptation of an actual D&D campaign, while watching it I felt like I could imagine the dice rolls and player arguments that would've been happening at the table. It was silly and fun and some of the writing was a bit cheesy for my taste but overall I had a blast watching it!

Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2023 @607.42 »

I was finally able to watch Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan a few days ago after my tapes of the first three movies came in the mail. A lot of the practical effects relating to bodily injury were phenomenal (especially when compared to what I'm used to), but the action-oriented nature of it along with the incredible amount of drama made me feel a little alienated. I was having enough trouble following along with the story and relating to the events that were unfolding to find even the ending scenes more mildly amusing than touching.. The Motion Picture (SLV) was a lot more satisfactory to me in that respect. And.. well.. in many other ways as well, despite it's flaws..

With that said, I'm really starting to see just how much the first season of TNG took from the original movies. The similarities are almost distracting.

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2023 @681.32 »

I watched M3gan and both of the Beavis and Butthead movies last night.
Surprisingly, M3gan was actually pretty good, at least for its commentary on the state of technology and such.. The kid reacting so strongly for not having M3gan around reminds me of the kids I see with screen-time withdrawals xD (including myself!! my internet usage in the past was awful). I think more people should unpack the morals of why humanity and life outside the internet is really important.

The Beavis and Butthead movies (do the universe, do america) were pretty good. I was kinda distracted while watching Do America 'cause I decided to draw with my BF online while it was playing in the background but both of them got a lot of chuckles out of me and my cousins. It's just plain ol' dumb fun.. I can understand the jokes being tiring after awhile though

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2023 @702.11 »

I watched But I'm A Cheerleader for the first time and I had a lot of fun. Good movie.

Skykristal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2023 @719.42 »

Watched the Super Mario Bros movie! It was super fun. I was excited for this one, as a long term Nintendo fan. And it didn't disappoint

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2023 @781.98 »

Watched the Super Mario Bros movie! It was super fun. I was excited for this one, as a long term Nintendo fan. And it didn't disappoint

I forgot to say I watched this too! It was pretty good, I really liked how they kept motifs of the music in the games into the cinematic music... It really shows some love to the franchises they based it off  :chef:

My only complaint is that there wasn't enough Luigi in my personal opinion.. I didn't like that they made him into a B plot  :notgood:  :notgood:  I might be biased though because I have a huge crush on Charlie Day and I was really happy to hear him in the movie.

Also, the soundtrack was extremely good, the beastie boys cameo shocked me but it worked perfectly. And Jack Black NAILED his role as Bowser. When he started singing about Princess Peach I knew EXACTLY why they casted him for the role  :cheesy:  :cheesy:

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Badgersaurus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Punk-Rock Mustelizard from Beyond the Stars

iMood: Badgersaurus

View Profile WWW

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2023 @971.27 »

The last movie I watched was Heathers. It was dry and dark and captured the petty politics of high school pretty well, just with lots more murder :b. I enjoyed it!

I'm gonna watch Jawbreaker next, which is basically a different take on the same premise, and from the late 90s instead of the late 80s. It looks like fun.

Rock n' Roll High-School...er
DiamondPetals
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2023 @581.54 »

Horrible Bosses 2. Judge me all you want but I love that movie  :grin: it's one of my favorites and I'd watch it over and over again and will never get bored of it  :4u: (comfort movie)
soop
Casual Poster ⚓︎

mmmm... soup

iMood: soop

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Soul SoupJoined 2023!
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2023 @561.68 »

I saw the live action Little Mermaid today with my partner and was really pleasantly surprised! As a kid I remember citing the Disney original as my "favorite Disney princess movie", but in hindsight I think it's mostly just cuz I liked the underwater world, because when I rewatched the 1989 version a few years ago, I thought it.... kinda sucked hahaha, just didn't do a good job of representing Ariel, and I felt sad that she gave everything up for a guy

The newer version expands a lot on her personhood and her desire to travel the world and learn lots, and it doesn't feel like she gives up her life for a guy, but actually has chemistry with him because they both have niche interests in common. I liked the expansions a lot, and the new songs too!

Jari says: Check out Soop's Hermitage!
PainterFight
Casual Poster

Trying Her Best (TM)

StatusCafe: painterfight
iMood: painterfight

View Profile

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2023 @619.75 »

...Should I be ashamed that the last movie I saw was The Flash (2023)? I watched it on theaters with the entire class from my school involved, but the movie's reputation rubbed me the wrong way...

I'll probably watch the Barbie movie next to perish that thought.

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2023 @644.57 »

La Morte Vivante (1982). It's one of those weird gory overly-provocative lesbian vampire movies but actually good??? And thoughtfully made??? (I say this with affection I love lesbian vampire movies) I watched it with my girlfriend a couple weeks ago and we both agreed that the main relationship was really compelling. It plays on the vampire/human lover dynamic in a really fascinating way (what if the vampire gradually became more human and the human became more of a monster?) and the ending is so tragic. I've been constantly recommending it to people lol

Badgersaurus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Punk-Rock Mustelizard from Beyond the Stars

iMood: Badgersaurus

View Profile WWW

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2023 @818.78 »

I saw Asteroid City in the theater last night. Might be my new favourite Wes Anderson flick. It's a 'movie about movies' that manages to not make me want to tear my skin off AND the quiet midcentury first-contact sci-fi film I always wanted but figured I'd never see. How much you like it will depend on your tolerance for over-the-top-exagerrated 50s design and stage theatre but I love both of those things so I really enjoyed it.

Rock n' Roll High-School...er
kurohaato
Full Member ⚓︎

:D

StatusCafe: rinrinrin
iMood: kurohaato
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2023 @976.20 »

Madoka Magica: Rebellion. I felt a little lost considering my last exposure to Madoka was 5 years ago via the manga adaption but you get expositioned at pretty well towards the end to explain why everything's happening. Not going to lie I cried once the labyrinth was revealed. I am one of those people that thinks that Homura's ending is pretty, shall we say, unhinged, but hopefully it makes more sense after the 4th movie.

01110110 01101001 01110110 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101111 01111010 01110111 01101111 01101101 01110000 00100001 00100000 00111010 01000100 :ozwomp:
BananaBoots
Jr. Member ⚓︎

↑ Soooooo normal about him (lying)

StatusCafe: bananaboots
iMood: bananaboots

View Profile WWW

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2023 @16.55 »

The last movie I watched was Nimona, I think. I haven't read the comics yet (though I've definitely been meaning to!) but oh my god, it was so good. I cried twice and it was... It was just so good. It's late and I don't quite have the right words but I couldn't help but love all the characters.

Minor spoilers (no plot spoilers)
My favourite parts by far were whenever the fact that Nimona is genderfluid was made very obvious. "I just think it would be easier if you were a girl." "Easier for who?" I just- :loved:
[close]

Boots (it/he)

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

StatusCafe: azure

View Profile WWW

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2023 @62.73 »

I watched Nimona a few nights ago. ... And then I watched it again later. Needless to say, I REALLY liked it, its animation style, its story, the characters and the allegory it provides. It's METAL. So much of what I love about storytelling and animation, wrapped into one... It might be a new favorite!

(Plus, the song written for its end credits is in my signature. Because if those opening lines aren't my philosophy summed up...)

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4959
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
Old French Animated Sci-fi Movies

Started by DojidaveBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 5
Views: 1561
Last post October 22, 2022 @478.83
by PineTree
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3188
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi