Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @148.46 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | | |-+  What's the last movie you watched and how did you like it?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: What's the last movie you watched and how did you like it?  (Read 10274 times)
grovyle

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2023 @172.16 »

I watched Awakenings with Robin Williams a few nights back, loved it! I think I discovered I like recent history movies. Like, historical but not medieval. The king's speech is another one that comes to mind that's similari-ish enough in themes/setting to be part of the same genre.
Yukari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

RISK IT for the BISCUIT

View Profile WWW

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2023 @933.17 »

Finally watched the new Puss in Boots. The rave reviews were not exaggerating; it is a very beautiful and feel-good movie. I ended up watching it with one of my siblings and my mom (sibling's 2nd time, me and mom's first). I really appreciated the short-ish runtime so I'll probably watch it again this weekend.

zanarkand
Jr. Member ⚓︎

october | they/them

iMood: mintyorca
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2023 @932.38 »

the last movie i watched was John Carpenter's The Thing. i've seen it several times as it's one of my favorite horror movies but i have a friend who had not seen it yet so i jumped on the opportunity to show it to her. it's such a crazy movie that still makes me jump and wince and look away with how gunky and goopy the special effects are because i'm really squeamish. but that's what makes it so awesome, they just don't do practical effects like that anymore. the acting is really good and there's so much tension and anxiety and isolation, it's just such a great horror movie. and of course the music by ennio morricone is so sinister and cool. definitely check it out if you like body horror, aliens, amazing practical effects and cool 80s haircuts.

bby
Jr. Member ⚓︎

take my memories of her with u

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: bumblebear
iMood: dahliahawthorne
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2023 @57.05 »

i just saw the barbie movie and it was amazing! i wanted to see oppenheimer as well, but since it's pretty long i'd rather wait for it to be on streaming. i dressed up for it, which i haven't done since probably the last harry potter movie over a decade ago and got some pink caramel popcorn.

i don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but the hype was worth it in my opinion. very funny with some sad and sweet moments, great music too! the set was phenomenal, i loved all the little details in the dreamhouse. i really enjoyed the acting of margot robbie and ryan gosling as well as michael cera who played allen. as a lifelong barbie enjoyer, i loved seeing references to old barbies i either owned or knew about. i even took a couple of my dolls with me!

10/10  :loved:

makeup and stickers and ponies and myspace.com melonland.net! :ozwomp:

:sleep::wizard::happy:

:4u: digital pet hoard
:mail: wanna be pen pals?
zanarkand
Jr. Member ⚓︎

october | they/them

iMood: mintyorca

View Profile WWW

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2023 @774.14 »

i just saw the barbie movie and it was amazing! i wanted to see oppenheimer as well, but since it's pretty long i'd rather wait for it to be on streaming. i dressed up for it, which i haven't done since probably the last harry potter movie over a decade ago and got some pink caramel popcorn.

i don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but the hype was worth it in my opinion. very funny with some sad and sweet moments, great music too! the set was phenomenal, i loved all the little details in the dreamhouse. i really enjoyed the acting of margot robbie and ryan gosling as well as michael cera who played allen. as a lifelong barbie enjoyer, i loved seeing references to old barbies i either owned or knew about. i even took a couple of my dolls with me!

10/10  :loved:

i also dressed up for barbie movie!!! the whole theater was in pink, it was so fun. i thought the movie was great and surprisingly emotional. no spoilers but there was a part that made me tear up and i was not expecting that. it was so fun to go to a movie where everyone was laughing out loud and reacting and having fun ^_^

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2023 @791.25 »

I think the last actual movie I saw was Nimona. I thought it was solid, and I thought it was interesting how an entire culture was shown to have warped itself around the country's founding myth, and my wife loved Nimona.

BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2023 @576.90 »

I saw Barbie last week and it was very fun! Everyone was dressed up and the crowd was wild during some scenes. It's not the feminist cultural revolution some make it out to be, but it also wasn't entirely mindless. My favourite part was seeing the set design and the lengths the crew went to make the Barbie world look really Barbie. Overall it is a good time.

I also got a crush on Margot Robbie now.
Badgersaurus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Punk-Rock Mustelizard from Beyond the Stars

iMood: Badgersaurus

View Profile WWW

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2023 @709.57 »

I watched Godzilla vs Hedorah last night. To say anything about it almost feels sacreligious. It is a truly bizarre piece of film. Hedorah is a really cool monster, and I love the almost-horror angle they go for with it here.

Also it made me want to buy vintage sofubi stuff but I have no clue where to start looking for that near me. We don't (and didn't) get a lot of it up here in Canada.

Rock n' Roll High-School...er
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2023 @33.29 »

Just watched Star Trek First Contact (1996)! It’s an enjoyable movie! Iv seen the show so many times but I haven’t watched the movies at all! It’s weird to think it was made over 10 years after the show aired, everyone is a bit older in it and it’s got some cool effects; some bits are a tad slow, but the mood is just right  :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Internet Renaissance Woman

StatusCafe: saltedslug
iMood: saltedslug

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2023 @53.00 »

And I just want to take the time to mention, now that Disney owns the Predator franchise, we really need a Muppets vs Predator movie.

Bump to say that I could not agree more  :ha:

fatgrrlz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

She/They Girl-thing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2023 @659.12 »

I watched Legally Blonde with my girlfriend and our mutual friend over the weekend. Aspects of it do not age well in the slightest (sometimes I forget just how fashionable blatant upfront homophobia and ableism was in the 2000’s…) but it’s still a fun time.

jori
Casual Poster ⚓︎

˚₊‧ ⊱✿⊰ ‧₊˚

StatusCafe: helga
iMood: jori

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2023 @827.21 »

ok the last movie i watched was cars 2 😭😭😭 my friend made us watch it yesterday. it was cute ig idk i have never seen a cars movie before. i guess u could say every movie is better or worse than cars 2. 😭

mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

View Profile WWW

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2023 @158.01 »

I went to go see Saw X with my dad! rlly good movie even if it made me tense at times.
The theatre was also empty but I guess thats because it was a Monday LOL

soop
Casual Poster ⚓︎

mmmm... soup

iMood: soop

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Soul SoupJoined 2023!
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2023 @131.90 »

i watched Brick (2005) last night with some friends and absolutely loved the ambiance, its a neo noir where a bunch of high schoolers in 2000s california talk like theyre in a 1940s noir movie the whole time. its really strange, but i think id recommend it to anyone looking for something a little offbeat, especially if you like joseph gordon levitt!

Jari says: Check out Soop's Hermitage!
zj
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: zeejay
iMood: zeejay

View Profile WWW

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2023 @852.29 »

I last watched the spanish thriller "Nowhere" from Netflix. In which a pregnant refugee from Spain gets lost at sea - the shipping container she was being smuggled in falls off its ship during a thunderstorm. It was nice :3

why dontcha have a peek at my site :eyes:
(23 years old)
this is Kurt ↓
gif of a ""tamaNOTchi". Click to feed!
click to feed him :3
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 14
Views: 5494
Last post April 28, 2024 @87.23
by Skykristal
Old French Animated Sci-fi Movies

Started by DojidaveBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 5
Views: 1941
Last post October 22, 2022 @478.83
by PineTree
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 39
Views: 4559
Last post July 26, 2024 @631.31
by spiralstaircase

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi