Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @896.98 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 70/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  What's the last movie you watched and how did you like it?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: What's the last movie you watched and how did you like it?  (Read 6849 times)
almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2024 @504.12 »

breathing life into this thread in order to scream about Aftersun

i watched it about a week or two ago now honestly and it's one of those movies that has stuck with me since i finished watching it. it was so emotional, it had me crying for most of the movie, but it was so so so good. it made me want to call everyone i know and tell them how much they mean to me and how much i appreciate having them in my life  :loved:

it's about a young woman who is trying to reconcile the father she knew in her childhood with the man she never knew. it's incredible and the bond between the woman and her father is so touching and sweet.

please watch it if you can handle movies that emotionally obliterate you!  :cheesy:

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
foxmosis
Casual Poster

thought about making my name on here twofrogs but

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2024 @815.64 »

please watch it if you can handle movies that emotionally obliterate you!  :cheesy:

I do enjoy the good emotional obliteration every once in awhile lol I'll put it on the backlog

I actually haven't seen that many movies, a gap that my girlfriend also shares, so we've just been watching a lot of movies!  Anything from classics like Rocky or Back To The Future to less-prestigious films like She's The Man.  With the occasional new film sprinkled in there.  It's been a wild ride having these vast tonal differences!  The last thing we watched was a childhood classic of hers called A Cinderella Story.  Has Hillary Duff, its veeeery 2000's, but it was a fun time.

SilentHope33

The current Hokage

iMood: optimistic

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2024 @397.92 »

So the last movie I watched was Madam Web, I'd say the movie is alright though I wish we could have gotten another spiderman movie.

"If Miracles Only Happen Once What Are They Called The Second Time?" - Ichigo Kurosaki
almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2024 @796.63 »

i just finished poor things which came out last year. incredible movie! super interesting premise and well developed plot. i like how we learn things about the main character alongside her and that her emotions feel very real and powerful which aligns with certain things that are plot relevant to the character. super super good but not one of those movies you watch if you're not crazy on steamy scenes in film just a heads up

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2024 @692.07 »

i just watched the zone of interest a few days ago and cannot get it out of my head! incredible study on the banality of evil and sound design to match. completely haunting and something that sticks with you for days afterward. it follows the daily lives of the commandant of auschwitz and his family on their estate built right up against the very walls of the camp. it's so chilling to watch these people worry about their insignificant little problems set to the backdrop of atrocity just feet away from them. i would recommend it to anyone even mildly interested in seeing it.

Misanthropic Monster™
Full Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic

View Profile WWW

bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2024 @850.27 »

Everything Everywhere All At Once (2022) which seems to be a movie about an evil Ozwomp taking over the multiverse. It has the lady from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and a guy who is pretending to be Jackie Chan. The movie itself was a bit exhausting, but lots of fun! Its one of the best sci-fi movies Iv seen made in the last 10 years.

This movie is criminally underrated.

almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2024 @641.00 »

This movie is criminally underrated.

i would really have to disagree? what makes you say that?

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2024 @757.62 »

I've decided to close the gap in my classics consumption (well, one of them, I have a lot of gaps there) and finally watched the original Blade Runner (haven't seen the sequel yet either).

Somehow, despite the considerable cult status that movie holds, and knowing the influence it had on the cyberpunk genre as a whole, I remained entirely unaware of the actual plot of it right up until watching.

Turns out, for me it hits precisely where it hurts! Can't say I cried exactly, but I definitely felt emotionally damaged! Cinematically-wise the visuals are understandably very 80s, and also I suspect were pretty novel at the time, seeing how long the camera lingered on each one, but all of that adds a certain charm.

Still, the characters are usually what makes the movie for me, and in a way I'd say that slow pacing leaves us less time to actually know them, imo. That said, what we do get is enough to make me feel for everyone in the plot. Actually, maybe even more so for the hunted than the protagonist. Overall, the feeling is "well it's just bloody unfortunate how that all worked out huh", but like, with more somber regret behind the words, if you get what I mean.

Pris is like my favorite character, I think, so you may guess my feelings on that part. But as far as I understand it, that's how it's supposed to feel.

Kinda makes sense that this is one of the things at the source of the "no happy endings" cyberpunk genre. Although the ending is also appropriately open, which I heard the sequel takes advantage of. Gonna be interesting to see when I get there.

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2024 @762.03 »

I've decided to close the gap in my classics consumption (well, one of them, I have a lot of gaps there) and finally watched the original Blade Runner (haven't seen the sequel yet either).

Somehow, despite the considerable cult status that movie holds, and knowing the influence it had on the cyberpunk genre as a whole, I remained entirely unaware of the actual plot of it right up until watching.

Turns out, for me it hits precisely where it hurts! Can't say I cried exactly, but I definitely felt emotionally damaged! Cinematically-wise the visuals are understandably very 80s, and also I suspect were pretty novel at the time, seeing how long the camera lingered on each one, but all of that adds a certain charm.

Still, the characters are usually what makes the movie for me, and in a way I'd say that slow pacing leaves us less time to actually know them, imo. That said, what we do get is enough to make me feel for everyone in the plot. Actually, maybe even more so for the hunted than the protagonist. Overall, the feeling is "well it's just bloody unfortunate how that all worked out huh", but like, with more somber regret behind the words, if you get what I mean.

Pris is like my favorite character, I think, so you may guess my feelings on that part. But as far as I understand it, that's how it's supposed to feel.

Kinda makes sense that this is one of the things at the source of the "no happy endings" cyberpunk genre. Although the ending is also appropriately open, which I heard the sequel takes advantage of. Gonna be interesting to see when I get there.

I love Blade Runner! Pris is my favorite too :) I always took it as a movie about humanity, but also how policing intersects with dehumanization... Such an interesting film.

I've seen the sequel and I didn't like it all that much, something about it felt very directionless and it tried to put some kind of chosen one narrative onto the characters from the original iirc and I just wasn't feeling it.

I ought to rewatch the original sometime

Misanthropic Monster™
Full Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

View Profile WWW

bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2024 @968.67 »

i would really have to disagree? what makes you say that?

I guess I just considered it really interesting and fun and full of action yet I hear nobody talk about it and the few people who have seen it seem kind of meh about it.

almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2024 @975.15 »

I guess I just considered it really interesting and fun and full of action yet I hear nobody talk about it and the few people who have seen it seem kind of meh about it.

i personally am pretty meh on it but it's received numerous awards, is widely considered one of the best movies of 2022, and for months after it came out on popular social media it was largely inescapable which is why i was curious! thank you for answering (:

Misanthropic Monster™
Full Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

View Profile WWW

bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2024 @983.30 »

I feel like I must have been under a rock or something because I rarely saw people talk about it! (I don't have any social media profiles or anything so maybe that's why I guess) haha :)

almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2024 @84.93 »

I feel like I must have been under a rock or something because I rarely saw people talk about it! (I don't have any social media profiles or anything so maybe that's why I guess) haha :)

thats so funny, you basically dodged the craze  :drat:
i was on both twitter and tumblr at that time and it was eeeeverywhere! i still get gif sets of it on my tumblr feed every so often too

Misanthropic Monster™
Full Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

View Profile WWW

bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2024 @318.43 »

thats so funny, you basically dodged the craze  :drat:
i was on both twitter and tumblr at that time and it was eeeeverywhere! i still get gif sets of it on my tumblr feed every so often too

LOL Man, I really did dodge a bullet there - sometimes online fads and fandomscan ruin the media itself (imo)

soft-star
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2024 @638.45 »

I've talked about this already multiple times on my site because it left such an impact. I just watched Aguirre, Wrath of God, a Werner Herzog film from 1972 about mutiny in a group of conquistadors on their futile search for El Dorado in the South American jungle in the 16th century. After a long burnout from movies, this reminded me what it is I love about the art form. I'd rather not explain. It simply needs to be seen. I watched it on Tubi. If you like good movies and historicity you should watch it immediately.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 14
Views: 5035
Last post Today at @87.23
by Skykristal
Old French Animated Sci-fi Movies

Started by DojidaveBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 5
Views: 1567
Last post October 22, 2022 @478.83
by PineTree
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3229
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi