Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 - @469.51
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull: Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Communities & Online Life
| |-+  ☮︎ ∙ Jams, Communities & Webrings
| | |-+  I started a webring: Retroweb Ring


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: I started a webring: Retroweb Ring  (Read 4761 times)
BradE
Casual Poster
*
View Profile WWW

⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: Summer, 27 Jun 2022 @663 » Embed

I started a new webring, Retroweb Ring https://indieseek.xyz/webring/

At first I was only going to allow retro personal static sites, but then I got thinking that it's the personal part that was most important and that some people express themselves with static sites and others with blogs (which are retro too) and still others do both, so I included both. It's the person and their act of web creation that matters.

I got inspired by surfing a bunch of webrings listed in Sadgrl's excellent webring directory and having great fun.

Way back when I used to run several webrings on Webring.com (before Yahoo borged it), Ringsurf.com and Bomis and I had fun doing it although they were a lot of work.

« Last Edit: Summer, 27 Jun 2022 @728 by BradE » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 27 Jun 2022 @707 » Toggle Font Embed

Cool! Theres actually is a bit of a webring shortage at the moment! The Low Tech Ring seems to be dead, the Yesterweb is too big and a lot of the smaller ones are very niche. Im interested to see that you're planning to enforce people having the ring code on their sites! Most rings today are very lax about that, it can be kind sad if your tryna follow a ring and you end up on a site that wont let you continue. I wish you luck! :ozwomp:

« Last Edit: Summer, 27 Jun 2022 @754 by Melooon » Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3eyntivemds pet fishcurious fish
BradE
Casual Poster
*
View Profile WWW

⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 27 Jun 2022 @743 » Embed


Cool! Theres actually is a bit of a webring shortage at the moment! The Low Tech Ring seems to be dead, the Yesterweb is too big and a lot of the smaller ones are very niche. Im interested to see that you're planning to enforce people having the ring code on their sites! Most rings today are very lax about that, it can be kind sad if your tryna follow a ring and you end up on a site that wont let you continue. I wish you luck! :ozwomp:

Thanks for the good wishes!

I think I used the phrase "protect the navigational integrity of the ring" in my pompous webring nastygram enforcement emails in the old days.  :cheesy: I do hope to patrol regularly.

Also, I'm going to keep the ring to about 200 - 250 sites max. It becomes too hard to manage if it grows larger.

The ring host I'm on is pretty basic. The older ring hosts like Webringo have things like ringcode checkers and dead site checkers which make running a webring a lot easier. The host I'm using is more spartan.

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe