Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @416.81 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Poll: What browser do you use?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Poll
Question: What browser do you use? (Pick 2 Max!)
Firefox   -214 (55%)
Chrome   -51 (13.1%)
Safari   -17 (4.4%)
Edge   -11 (2.8%)
Brave   -11 (2.8%)
Vivaldi   -20 (5.1%)
Opera   -16 (4.1%)
Chromium   -4 (1%)
SeaMonkey   -2 (0.5%)
Pale Moon   -11 (2.8%)
Waterfox   -8 (2.1%)
Other (Please say!)   -24 (6.2%)
Arc   -0 (0%)
Total Members Voted: 291

Author Topic: Poll: What browser do you use?  (Read 8750 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2023 @683.81 »

I use Waterfox
I would avoid Waterfox these days; I read that its been taken over by quite a nasty company with a very bad reputation for privacy :sad:

that don't have the modern 'flat' design
The most retro browser is SeaMonkey, it has proper 90s style themes - its a lil clunky though, and its not as fast as mainstream browsers. You can look at enabling CSS styling in Firefox, that can do a lot, although its not well documented.. theming is really very hard to do these days!

https://www.howtogeek.com/334716/how-to-customize-firefoxs-user-interface-with-userchrome.css/

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2023 @685.98 »

The most retro browser is SeaMonkey, it has proper 90s style themes - its a lil clunky though, and its not as fast as mainstream browsers. You can look at enabling CSS styling in Firefox, that can do a lot, although its not well documented.. theming is really very hard to do these days!

https://www.howtogeek.com/334716/how-to-customize-firefoxs-user-interface-with-userchrome.css/

Thank you, I'll check it out RIGHT NOW :ozwomp: :pc:

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2023 @785.49 »

I would avoid Waterfox these days; I read that its been taken over by quite a nasty company with a very bad reputation for privacy :sad:

You know, this is the most frustrating part to me about choosing a web browser. I'm with Firefox for now, but it seems every browser eventually gets snapped up by some nasty company and then I have to go searching all over again. Keeping my bookmarks is really, really important for me, so it's a pain in the butt to switch often.

If anyone knows of browser with a proven history of privacy that HASN'T fallen prey, I'd be interested to know. It's exhausting keeping up with browser changes!

Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2023 @413.70 »

@TheFrugalGamer: To answer the question of browser privacy, have a look at the Digdeeper website (https://digdeeper.club/articles/browsers.xhtml). Big Firefox critic, and 100% honest.

The big web out there is doomed...
Google rules it basically. Poor chap Moonchild with his Pale Moon browser can't keep up. Too many sites got wrecked on Pale Moon.

Well, the little independents Netsurf and Dillo don't spy on you. But those browsers don't work on half of the sites out there.

Well, me? I use Pale Moon and Netscape. For the 1% of sites, that aren't working there, Icecat and Firefox do it. If you pay me some money, I'll use Edge and Chrome too!
almostcorporeal
Casual Poster ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2023 @228.58 »

I use Pale Moon with some of my own modifications for privacy purposes. It's a touch slower than the browser I was previously using [Firefox] and some sites don't 100% work on it, but really most of the sites I use work exactly the same as they did in Firefox and Pale Moon has all of the extensions that I used in Firefox, including the one that was most important to me: panorama tabs. (:

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2023 @142.62 »

Mainly Vivaldi, since its interface doesn't look big and clunky like it was designed for a tablet (Edge and Chrome), it's not uber-slow (Pale Moon) and it has a more customizable interface than modern Firefox. (If Classic Theme Restorer worked, I'd be back on Firefox in a heartbeat.) I use SeaMonkey as my backup browser, since in my experience it works way better and faster than Pale Moon, and it has a nice retro interface.

"As she realized what might have been, she grew to be thankful for what was."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2023 @395.78 »

Librewolf all the way. It's an active, maintained, privacy friendly and functional Firefox fork. Works on all sites (even if you have to enable/disable some privacy settings for some sites to work)
teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2023 @359.21 »

i'm using chrome despite its privacy issues and my distaste for google, i'm planning on moving over to librewolf soon since it seems like the best in terms of privacy :>
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2023 @791.89 »

Iv been using Firefox Developer Edition a lot recently  :cheerR:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/developer/

Im not 100% how it differs from the regular version, but it seems to have slightly more advanced inspector tools and more beta features, and has some safety checks disabled because it assumes you know what you're doing - all of that is handy for me!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
j
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2023 @910.98 »

EDIT: i've since completely changed my tune on this.

i use two browsers:

links (link below) for 90 percent of my WWW usage

librewolf, the Best Privacy-Oriented Browser(TM) i've ever seen

funny how tastes change, isn't it?

i use four browsers, based on what i need to do:

badwolf because of its built-in javascript and image toggles per tab - meaning that i can circumvent most fingerprinting as well as retain functionality for sites that need js

qutebrowser because it's entirely keyboard-based (like Vim), as well as including the ability to toggle javascript and other cool hardening features

firefox, because some sites are too stubborn to work with the above two

links whenever im on windows without the previous options; ran through SSH ;)

bear in mind badwolf is only available on linux at the moment!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023 @92.44 by Dodge2667 » Logged

i go by j, she/they :)
Skykristal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2023 @628.73 »

On laptop I use Vivaldi! it has become my favorite browser. Before that, I used Opera and Opera GX and Chrome. I also used Firefox and Internet Explorer /Microsoft Edge before. A bunch of browsers basically. Vivaldi is by far my favorite.

(On mobile devices I stick to Samsung Internet on my tablet and Kiwi browser on my phone)

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2023 @948.98 »

Days ago I decided to stop using Opera GX and going back to Firefox (actually LibreWolf). One thing that I really don't like is that I can't save the zoom of a page unlike in Chromium browsers (for example, I always use 90% on YouTube because the default zoom looks so giant for my screen but when I close the YouTube tab and I open another one the zoom I used before dissapears).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023 @951.88 by GeckoF » Logged
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2023 @972.67 »

Days ago I decided to stop using Opera GX and going back to Firefox (actually LibreWolf). One thing that I really don't like is that I can't save the zoom of a page unlike in Chromium browsers (for example, I always use 90% on YouTube because the default zoom looks so giant for my screen but when I close the YouTube tab and I open another one the zoom I used before dissapears).

I don't seem to have this issue on Vanilla Firefox, I think this might be a LibreWolf thing. Have you tried using Vanilla Firefox as a Control?

:ozwomp: my beloved

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2023 @16.16 »

I don't seem to have this issue on Vanilla Firefox, I think this might be a LibreWolf thing. Have you tried using Vanilla Firefox as a Control?

I just searched on Reddit and saw that this is normal for this browser. https://www.reddit.com/r/LibreWolf/comments/11o6eia/zoom_settings/

edit: I solved this by just downloading that extension mentioned in such post.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023 @425.38 by GeckoF » Logged
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2023 @65.67 »

I just searched on Reddit and saw that this is normal for this browser. https://www.reddit.com/r/LibreWolf/comments/11o6eia/zoom_settings/

I see.

:ozwomp: my beloved

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 4283
Last post January 11, 2024 @150.49
by xXWebMasterXx_Gina
Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4869
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
old MSPaint in browser

Started by DarmodejBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 4
Views: 1590
Last post April 02, 2022 @344.05
by ramenwaitress

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi