Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @416.18 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Covers, mashups and remixes better than the original

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Covers, mashups and remixes better than the original  (Read 1653 times)
« on: June 29, 2022 @136.17 »

Just as the title says, what covers/remixes have you listened to that are better than the original in your opinion.

The one I always go back to is the Flume remix of "Tennis Court" by Lorde.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022 @823.51 by MamboGator » Logged
WiiMiiSwitch

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022 @669.68 »

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022 @877.77 »

Lorde always remixes really well :ozwomp: The Wild Boyz remix of Royals is iconic!

Iv always liked this version of Icona Pop's Emergency, the original is a kinda silly electro swring-ish song.. but this one is badass!
https://soundcloud.com/kaltaworld/emergency-remix?in=kaltaworld%2Fsets%2Ffreak-island-project

I think I discovered both of them in TheRatNest which was a super whack mixtape/podcast that TheFatRat used to make before he got famous and boring.. Im not sure if it's still on the web he deleted them all a few years ago :notgood:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022 @375.37 »

Just wanna clarify that I love Kate Bush and everything she embodies, but....

pancito
Casual Poster

any pronouns for me!

iMood: 800cherries

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022 @979.83 »

probably my favourite cover ever :cheesy:

☆゚°˖* ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022 @825.83 »

Iv always liked this version of Icona Pop's Emergency, the original is a kinda silly electro swring-ish song.. but this one is badass!
https://soundcloud.com/kaltaworld/emergency-remix?in=kaltaworld%2Fsets%2Ffreak-island-project

I love these kinds of topics because they give me a lot of new things to listen to. I had never heard the original version of "Emergency" (only Icona Pop song I knew before was "I Love It":wink:, but now it's on my regular rotation.

I think I discovered both of them in TheRatNest which was a super whack mixtape/podcast that TheFatRat used to make before he got famous and boring.. Im not sure if it's still on the web he deleted them all a few years ago :notgood:

There used to be a mashup artist on Soundcloud called Kosher Kittens who deleted all of their music and disappeared, probably because of copyright claims. I'm glad I downloaded my favourites because their songs are almost impossible to find online anymore. This is the only one I could find and it's over top of a Call of Duty video, but it's one of the best ones.

I added mashups to the title because there are a ton that I like and love finding more.

Just wanna clarify that I love Kate Bush and everything she embodies, but....
This is a really cool version. The darker tone would almost make it fit better in Stranger Things.

It reminds me of the Bad Wolves cover of "Zombie". I don't think it's better than the original by Cranberries, but it's still pretty good. Apparently they had planned to record it with Dolores O'Riordan (the original singer), but she tragically died just hours before.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022 @840.41 by MamboGator » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022 @950.51 »

There used to be a mashup artist on Soundcloud called Kosher Kittens who deleted all of their music and disappeared, probably because of copyright claims. I'm glad I downloaded my favourites because their songs are almost impossible to find online anymore. This is the only one I could find and it's over top of a Call of Duty video, but it's one of the best ones.

Ooo mysterious! The backbeat in it sounds almost like an OMFG song (The person who did that Hello song on every minecraft lets play).. but its years before OMFG started making music.. I know they went under the alias Electrophant before that.. and they've since vanished again.. I would totally not be surprised if they are the same person. Who knows, another mystery of the web :tongue:
Im sad the music is lost though, the world needs more 90s Will Smith songs, they are almost their own genre of bubblegum rap.

I heard this on the radio the other day - Its a cover of Burn the Witch by Radiohead

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022 @468.29 »

I always thought Gimme Gimme by Beseech was a GREAT doom metal cover of Abba!

I sadly haven't found anything in a similar genre since. Type O Negative comes close sometimes but they lack the slowness and clean vocals sometimes.
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022 @573.72 »

I always thought Gimme Gimme by Beseech was a GREAT doom metal cover of Abba!

That's amazing. I actually have a strong dislike of Abba because I worked at a major book store when Mamma Mia came out, and they played the soundtrack constantly. Then when I got home my roommate at the time had bought the soundtrack and listened to it constantly.

But I've been listening to the original version of this song a lot because of the Noble Knight Embraces video.

https://youtube.com/shorts/pnMiV2Ykw9E

You also reminded me of this cover of Celine Dion by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2022 @198.58 »

Has anyone else ever listened to Neil Cicierega's mashup albums? He turned smooshing two songs together into an artform. Most are hilarious combinations, but some are just genuinely good listens.

Here's one to ease you into it...

And here are my all-time favourites.

Kiko
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I want a big sip of cucumber lemonade

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2022 @690.06 »

I don’t know if I would call them better than the originals (the og songs are certified bops in their own right) but I do exclusively listen to them instead of the original songs.

Those being Amalee’s cover of Papermoon, honestly DJ-Jo’s instrumental of the song is amazing!
VEC0gZvMVAI

And also Austin Weber’s cover of Mamma mia, I just love the vibe of this one.
kewXtkGmDtw

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2022 @147.86 »

I just found this mashup of Imagine Dragons and Earth, Wind and Fire, and oh my god it slaps (as the kids say).

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2022 @703.87 »

Not as interesting as some of the others but the black and yellow remix will always be 10x better than the original, so many amazing artists as well as the beat being improved a ton

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2022 @745.24 »

Seems like a joke but it's weirdly moving :TnT:

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2022 @159.61 »

Seems like a joke but it's weirdly moving :TnT:

I actually sent the Linkin Park/LMFAO mashup by this same artist to a friend just hours before you posted this. :cheesy:

My taste in music is pretty eclectic, so I like both the original "Coming Undone" by Korn and "We are Never Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift, but they're way better together.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2022 @169.90 by MamboGator » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4979
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
Ways our Retro Web differs from the original Old Web

Started by GuestBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 6
Views: 1134
Last post January 09, 2024 @773.09
by xero333
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 1631
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi