Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @85.32 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 60/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Animes I like

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Animes I like  (Read 1743 times)
syx (dead)
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: July 06, 2022 @733.88 »

Heyo Hello!! I'm weird and very particular about animes I watch probably because I have a short attention span. Here are Animes I like :ozwomp: All of these Animes I haven't watched since 8/9th grade so some details are blurry. I also looked up some stuff on Google to jog my memory.

1. Happy Sugar Life: This anime is about a High School girl named Satō Matsuzaka, who finds a young girl named Shio and becomes attached to her in a disturbing [motherly] way, and shelters Shio from the world. Sato has a clouded understanding of love because of her Unhinged Aunt. This Anime is very disturbing and gory.

2. Elfin Lied: Originally a Manga, Elfin Lied is about an alien species, the Diclonii being tested/built, with pink hair and horns on their head. They have these transparent hands called vectors they can control with telekenisis to cut things and manipulate them. Two University students find Lucy/Nyu, a rogue diclonii who escaped the lab she was trapped in. When they meet her, she seems sweet, with a small understanding of outside life, but something triggers Lucy to switch personalities into her defensive personality. The professor who trapped Lucy sends out another Diclonii, nana to look for Lucy.

3. Dropkick on my Devil: A slice of life comedy where two roommates, Jashin, a lamina, and Yurine, a human who summoned Jashin to go through antics with their friends, Medusa, a gorgon who's friends with Jashin, a cash machine for Jashin, Pekola, an angel who fell from heaven who is now homeless in the human world, Minos, a minotaur who eats beef, and poporon, another angel who goes to the human world to try and kill pekola, but loses her halo after Jashin eats her halo.

4. Little witch Academia: I'm too tired to describe this anime but holy shit it's awesome. The intro and Outro songs slap *lip-bite emoji*

(EDIT: 7/13 - more animes! I'll be adding desc l8r!)

5. Michiko and Hatchen:

6: Akame Ga Kill:

7. Kill la Kill:

8. Blend S:

9. Wonder Egg Priority:

10: Bludegoning Angel: Dokuro Chan:

11: Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022 @702.92 by syx » Logged

POOP" width="500" height="50
Sapphir (Firelion)

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022 @989.66 »

Well, i enjoy:

Cowboy Bebop
Ergo Proxy
Death Note
Trigun
Kono Suba
Deca-dence
Mob Psycho 100
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022 @983.99 »

The great thing about anime is the genre is so huge that there's something for everyone. If anyone tells you they "don't like anime," they just haven't found the one that they will inevitably fall in love with.

For example, I haven't heard of any of the series you mentioned, syx. :grin:

My tastes are 100% sculpted by Toonami and Adult Swim in the '00s. Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star and of course DBZ are the ones I got into.
wris
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Safe when used as directed.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022 @307.07 »

Some faves!

- Ouran High School Host Club: Cash strapped Haruhi becomes indebted to the wealthy host club at her new school. Very silly, but lots of character development.
- Fullmetal Alchemist: I haven’t actually finished either version of the series yet, but I think I prefer the original. FMA: Brotherhood is the one most people like because it’s closer to the manga (and maybe just better?) but I feel like the other one has more of a sense of wandering and adventure. Mostly because they had to buy time while the manga came out, I guess.
- SPY x FAMILY: heh.
- Nana: Two women with opposite personalities end up sharing a name (and I guess more critically to the plot, an apartment). This one is mainly special to me because it’s the first one I watched, whereas the others were introduced to me by people who already knew about anime.
- The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi: High school slice of life with a sci-fi (magical realism?) twist.

The great thing about anime is the genre is so huge that there's something for everyone. If anyone tells you they "don't like anime," they just haven't found the one that they will inevitably fall in love with.

Absolutely! It’s kind of a shame that people struggle to see past the super tropey/ecchi stuff and assume that represents the whole medium. It’s like saying you don’t like books because Mills & Boon novels exist.
syx (dead)
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022 @692.45 »

For example, I haven't heard of any of the series you mentioned, syx. :grin:

My tastes are 100% sculpted by Toonami and Adult Swim in the '00s. Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star and of course DBZ are the ones I got into.

I would sneak downstairs and watch Toonami when I was little lmao! Michiko and Hatchen, Kill la Kill, and akame ga kill are also more animes I like that I discovered from Toonami! This was mid 2010s!

syx (dead)
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022 @694.72 »

Some faves!

- Ouran High School Host Club: Cash strapped Haruhi becomes indebted to the wealthy host club at her new school. Very silly, but lots of character development.
- Fullmetal Alchemist: I haven’t actually finished either version of the series yet, but I think I prefer the original. FMA: Brotherhood is the one most people like because it’s closer to the manga (and maybe just better?) but I feel like the other one has more of a sense of wandering and adventure. Mostly because they had to buy time while the manga came out, I guess.
- SPY x FAMILY: heh.
- Nana: Two women with opposite personalities end up sharing a name (and I guess more critically to the plot, an apartment). This one is mainly special to me because it’s the first one I watched, whereas the others were introduced to me by people who already knew about anime.
- The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi: High school slice of life with a sci-fi (magical realism?) twist.

Absolutely! It’s kind of a shame that people struggle to see past the super tropey/ecchi stuff and assume that represents the whole medium. It’s like saying you don’t like books because Mills & Boon novels exist.

Ouran and Sailor moon were the first ever animes I ever watched! I've seen nana on aesthetic Instagram pages but never watched the anime, the art style is eye candy and I love it! I might watch it when I get the time!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022 @700.21 by syx » Logged

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022 @470.54 »

I've seen quite a lot of anime, but I'd have to say my personal favorites are:

- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Cowboy Bebop
- Serial Experiments Lain
- Paranoia Agent
- FMA: Brotherhood
- Revolutionary Girl Utena
- Madoka Magica
- Death Note
- Mob Psycho 100
- Devilman Crybaby
- Soul Eater

wris
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Safe when used as directed.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022 @478.41 »

Ouran and Sailor moon were the first ever animes I ever watched! I've seen nana on aesthetic Instagram pages but never watched the anime, the art style is eye candy and I love it! I might watch it when I get the time!

Oh, cool! It's definitely worth checking out. :smile: I've never seen Sailor Moon, but everyone seems to love it.

Revolutionary Girl Utena

YES.
syx (dead)
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2022 @834.66 »

I've seen quite a lot of anime, but I'd have to say my personal favorites are:

- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Cowboy Bebop
- Serial Experiments Lain
- Paranoia Agent
- FMA: Brotherhood
- Revolutionary Girl Utena
- Madoka Magica
- Death Note
- Mob Psycho 100
- Devilman Crybaby
- Soul Eater

I've tried watching, Death Note, Neon Genesis, and Devilaman, but I've been too busy </3
But I love Soul Eather, one of my old elementary friends had a soul eater manga, I've always wanted to watch Lain

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2022 @841.78 »

- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Trigun
- Rurouni Kenshin
- Digimon Tamers
- Early seasons One Piece (I guess)

I know I'm in a minority here but I admit it's hard for me to find animes I like because many of them, especially the modern big popular ones have a big turn off for me- fanservice (more specifically the sexual kind). It takes away a large chunk of the enjoyment for me and at times makes it genuinely hard to watch. It's one thing when sexuality is actually part of a character in a story but when boobs, butts and crotches are shoved in my face for no reason it makes me want to gag. I think a lot of anime producers are aware that's what many of their viewers pine for, but it makes it hard and unwelcoming for the few people who are disturbed and uncomfortable with that stuff. (and yes, I am aware that sexualization is a big thing in Japanese culture too)

That and I also get tired of a lot of the overused tropes, but maybe that's just a thing with popular media in general.
neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: neoratz

View Profile WWW

Won the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2022 @242.11 »

I know I'm in a minority here but I admit it's hard for me to find animes I like because many of them, especially the modern big popular ones have a big turn off for me- fanservice (more specifically the sexual kind).
veezle, you're not alone! i am really interested in anime, but it can feel like a slog trying to find a fun new show sometimes. even one of my favorite shows has some crappy jokes along these lines and it totally kills the scenes for me. as for what i DO like... i have a lot of love in my heart for these guys:

- puella magi madoka magica
this is definitely my longest lasting favorite. i think the art is really cute (and the witch art is AWESOME), the soundtrack is beautiful, and i get all teary every time i rewatch it! ;-; a lot of people blame it for kickstarting this trend of "magical girl anime that is SUUPER DARK and EEEEVIL and SAD!!!" but i think all the shows that did that kinda missed the point of madoka. i don't think it's shocking for the sake of it and its ending felt bittersweet but hopeful.

- popee the performer
hilarious and totally caters to my love of early 3D art, wacky designs, and of course clowns! :-P they worked creatively within their limitations to make this and i think it resulted in something really special. i just wish it wasn't so hard to get merchandise for the show!

- azumanga daioh, galaxy angel, and nichijou
i'm putting these together because i like them for similar reasons: cute characters and random sense of humor. i feel like anybody who is a fan of one is sure to like the others. i like nichijou the most but azumanga and galaxy angel are really close!

- devilman (the birth and demon bird OVAs)
it is bad ass. the characters are fun. the english dub is hilariously bad and improves an already good OVA x10 (if you like bad dubs that is). i just wish they got to the end of the manga with this series of OVAs, they're my favorite adaptions of the manga! i think devilman also works well as an anti-war piece and it makes sense considering the creator had just experienced the vietnam war when the manga was originally being published.

- kuuchuu buranko
this is my "oddball pick". i heard about it from a nice person on the Otakon staff and didn't get around to trying it until a few years after she told me about it which i totally regret! fun art style, fun psychology exploration, and i thought it handled the mental disorders it covered pretty well. i found the last episode touching :transport: the injection jokes sure were weird though 0_o
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022 @244.27 by neoratz » Logged

i promised i'm not alone in heaven... ˖˚
Wobblegong
Casual Poster

I will wobble once more

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022 @114.43 »

also a huge fan of Revolutionary Girl Utena/Neon Genesis Evangelion/Cowboy Bebop
probably my top 3 honestly

other favorites: FLCL (I haven't seen the new ones though), Monster, Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong The Animation, Space Dandy, Samurai Champloo

also all the Satoshi Kon films
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2022 @799.18 »

galaxy angel

Galaxy Angel? Man, never before have I seen a random Galaxy Angel fan in the wild. I loooved that anime back in the day, it was one of my firsts. I hadn't thought about it for over a decade until recently I was retrieving my old websites and remembered I had made a Galaxy Angel fansite. Scrolling through the material made me start rewatching the anime. It's as enjoyable as I remembered.

My favourite animes are Death Note and Fate/Zero which I realize are both quite grim but... I do also watch comedy anime.

it's hard for me to find animes I like because many of them, especially the modern big popular ones have a big turn off for me- fanservice (more specifically the sexual kind).

That and I also get tired of a lot of the overused tropes, but maybe that's just a thing with popular media in general.

I totally agree. I stopped watching anime at around 2013 because I just got incredibly tired of the tropes including fanservice and there wasn't a single more squeaky voiced sexualized young girl I could manage. I have since got back to watching shows here and there, but I kind of think of it like, ok, most anime is pretty bad and I just have to find the good ones. Then again, doesn't that go for most things. It's the culture of checking out all the new animes each season that I couldn't adapt to. I'll just watch whatever I feel like, no matter how old. I watched Cardcaptor Sakura for the first time recently, well it's visibly from 1999, I got so happy just feeling its age, it made me feel oddly nostalgic.
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2023 @590.69 »

im kinda of picky with anime these days, but I have gotten into Moriarty the Patriot because I a bit of a sherlocks fans.

Im thinking of rewatching older stuff like Lupin the third and Nightwalker which is a bit more obscure vampire detective series

Tiffany
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2023 @78.68 »

Dragon Ball /Z/Super, Ouran High School Host Club, Shaman King, Detective Conan, Sailor Moon /Crystal, Maid Sama, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Pokemon, Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, etc. Anime is easier to consume, but I do prefer manga.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (2)

Best Souls-likes

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 1
Views: 543
Last post March 13, 2023 @454.14
by debleb
Feature discussion - Reactions or Likes

Started by InkerlinkBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 9
Views: 933
Last post March 13, 2023 @863.36
by tarraxahum

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi