Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 06 Oct 2026 - @41.53
Forum Activity: Two Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: inconvenience is counterculture :eyes: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Hobbies You Like to Try If Money's NOT an Issue?


« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print Embed
Author Topic: Hobbies You Like to Try If Money's NOT an Issue?  (Read 18596 times)
chilblands
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


make it happen or regret
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2026!
« Reply #45 on: Spring, 31 Mar 2026 @403 » Toggle Font Embed

I haven't seen anyone mention this specifically yet, but... CERAMIC WHEEL SPINNING! Not just the clay and the machine, I want the kiln, the dying shelf, glazes, the WHOLE SHABANG!! Those things need big spaces and are pricey!  :trash:

P.s. for anyone mentioning physical media, you can do that with little money, but you need time. Look through your thrift shops and facebook market or flee markets etc etc... especially if you like rock and jazz. Pretty easy to find  :ok:

Logged

https://chilblands.neocities.org/files/horseicon.gif it's gettin cold in here...

Artifact Swap: Garden snailHALLOWEEN!Cursor!Shocked SharaDevil HeartI met Dan Q on Melonland!PurbymargiesimpSunny the PuppyWhite pawnJIJIjiggle~
eote
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWW


Do what you want forever!
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: litten

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #46 on: Spring, 25 Apr 2026 @264 » Toggle Font Embed

I've always wanted to grow my own garden! I live in a apartment right now and only have one plant that I struggle to remember to take care of. The dream is to one day grow my own food and make my own jams! I'd also like to learn how to make wine or maybe one day raise bees and jar some honey. I like the idea of being self-sustaining  :smile:

Logged

https://file.garden/ZxFCdiZD_A4ytdsm/smiles.gif
https://i.imgur.com/dpvcgnH.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/UmLabtf.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/BmX8wjj.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/4Npqao0.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/THfNQiy.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/pr3ClAC.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YCsvWGa.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/VNDQGBC.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/CifSY9E.png
Horsey Chobunso
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


give me convenience or give me death
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« Reply #47 on: Spring, 30 Apr 2026 @747 » Embed

I have a bad habit of getting into expensive hobbies, but they're normally manageable if you want them to be. For example, I love film photography, but I have to really force myself to not go on a spending spree rabbit hole every time I see something I like. However, motorsports are just completely completely inaccessible for normal people, and they have a grip on me as a fan. Some day, if I get enough money, I want to compete at some local tracks. I know that if it happens it'll just be a hobby stock division, but deep inside my mind, I picture myself driving dirt sprint cars and road course sports cars.

Logged

https://i.postimg.cc/hGyqKcSz/disconnected.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/mr8VqrT5/Horsey-Chobunso.gif
Special_Fan
Newbie
*
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #48 on: Spring, 01 May 2026 @046 » Embed

Mannn....I really wish I knew how to sculpt. Anything with a pencil or marker I can do like a pro, but I don't have the knack for anything with a brush or anything that has to do with clay. Anime figurines look so dope and I'd love to make my own if I could figure out how to do it. Clay is pretty expensive and the cheap stuff erodes over time. Then there's wire needed for armatures. I've heard that paper clay could be made from newspaper and elmers glue so I might give that a try. Figures can also be made with paper mache, but the turorial videos for those look terrifying.

Logged
purpledraws1225
Newbie
*
View ProfileArt


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #49 on: Spring, 05 May 2026 @395 » Embed

Having my own mecha figurines, specially the one's from the Brave series... I would have the entire J-deckerd team with an exact replica of their office if I have that kind of money

Logged

https://file.garden/aaYV-GozfVa2y-Ny/userbar(1).png
riku
Casual Poster
*
View Profile WWWArt


they/she (≧∇≦) GMT+0
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: sakusplushie
iMood: sakufukufu

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
pawshirousa just standing thereshirousa yippeeshirousa dancecinnamoroll in a cupkyubey
« Reply #50 on: Spring, 29 May 2026 @702 » Embed

i would love to get into figure collecting, especially figures from my fav series and nendoroids !! i do have a few, but theyre mostly cheap blind box figures (mostly miniso sanrio blind boxes) and bday and christmas gifts  :seal: but the prices i've seen for figures are really expensive  :sad:

some people say that you can collect bootlegs, but i would rather not as they're basically art theft, have harmful chemicals and materials in it and poor quality :ohdear: i've seen some people go down that route, but i'd rather not.

Logged

^_^

Artifact Swap: cinna arrowmocha sillymocha sitmocha happykorillakuma jumpkorillakumahappy puddingshirousa noshirousa yesshirousa loveshirousa yayhappy melomymelomy smirksugarbunnysad strawberryusastrawberryusaspinning melomysad shirousapiplup spin
Noah_S
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Noah. Earth. I make website. I.. I.. Noah. Earth.
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Noah_S
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
funguyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!I met Dan Q on Melonland!A coin!Enby
« Reply #51 on: Spring, 29 May 2026 @728 » Toggle Font Embed

I'd want to travel on the Queen Mary 2. She's the last oceanliner in service. And since the thread was about money being the constraint instead of how time works, she wins by default since historical oceanliners aren't available to choose from. *mumble mumble Lusitania mumble mumble*

I'd also want to visit the Lusitania museum in Ireland. And yes, if money wasn't a constraint I would absolutely make a hobby out of everything related to oceanliners.

And I'd want to travel and see fossils that predate the dinosaurs. Preferably anomalocaris.

Logged

perfectionist_better.gifweb_designer.gifspeed_of_time.gifbutton290.pngmy_dream_wedding.gifClippy beats AI

Artifact Swap: Large watercraftGrowing ballwhen life gives you crab make mailMelonland has encountered a bugMerry Christmasblack n yellow yappin kittayMessage BuddylaptopYarn kitty
clownlesbian
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


meow meow meow meow meowww
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: clownlesbian

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #52 on: Spring, 29 May 2026 @783 » Embed

I would definitely get a place big enough to store a knitting machine and a loom lol. :seal:  I want a knitting machine so bad. I know there are smaller ones out there but i feel very attached to the idea of having a large one to do big colorwork things on. I am so fascinated by knitting machines.

I would also probably purchase every book i have loved in my life. I love collected vintage mass market paperbacks so id probably spend a lot of money on those.

I also collect clowns but my collection has stalled because i simply haven't had enough money. I would want more clowns and a place to display them!  :tongue: 

Logged

meow meow meow
ronan789adams@gmail.com
my website
clownlesbian
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


meow meow meow meow meowww
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: clownlesbian

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #53 on: Spring, 29 May 2026 @788 » Embed

tons of different types of crafts:
  • wood and metal working - i really want to anodize jewelry
  • knitting + crochet + sewing in general
  • making pins and wire wrapping jewelry
  • bleach dying clothes!
  • pottery


I dont know where ur located so this might not help but I see beginner crochet and knitting sets on facebook marketplace all the time. i think its getting really popular and a lot of people try and then realize its not for them. im also always down to give crochet/knitting advice/instruction. I know how to do both. They are hobbies i really love for being relatively cheap. i never buy yarn new and i also see yarn a lot on facebook marketplace and ebay. i also thrift it!

Logged

meow meow meow
ronan789adams@gmail.com
my website
grubbyfox
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: grubbyfox

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2023!
« Reply #54 on: Spring, 29 May 2026 @828 » Embed

Idk possibly cultivating gorgeous orchids, or trying to breed special tropical fish (especially endagered ones), or keeping a salt water aquarium with corals in order to keep good corals.

So yeah, orchids or tropical fish/aquarium plants/aquarium life/corals, most likely the aquarium stuff haha

Logged
clownlesbian
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


meow meow meow meow meowww
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: clownlesbian

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #55 on: Summer, 02 Jun 2026 @910 » Embed

Idk possibly cultivating gorgeous orchids, or trying to breed special tropical fish (especially endagered ones), or keeping a salt water aquarium with corals in order to keep good corals.

So yeah, orchids or tropical fish/aquarium plants/aquarium life/corals, most likely the aquarium stuff haha

Ive also wanted to grow orchids ever since watching Twin Peaks lol

Logged

meow meow meow
ronan789adams@gmail.com
my website
Indigo
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« Reply #56 on: Summer, 30 Aug 2026 @137 » Embed

I wish I could play guitar more. I use to play and practice the acoustic guitar for a few years in the early half of the 2020s but it was hard to keep up with changing up my guitar wires every so often. And I wanted to learn more from others but I didn't have a ride to find music focused places and couldn't afford more guitar lessons either.

Plus I always wanted a fender strat with an amp but again, it just cost so damn much.

Logged

https://graphic.neocities.org/671310c2-0cc1-468c-82b0-939fa3a84812.gif
BlazingCobaltX
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #57 on: Summer, 30 Aug 2026 @585 » Embed

I wish I could play guitar more. I use to play and practice the acoustic guitar for a few years in the early half of the 2020s but it was hard to keep up with changing up my guitar wires every so often. And I wanted to learn more from others but I didn't have a ride to find music focused places and couldn't afford more guitar lessons either.

Plus I always wanted a fender strat with an amp but again, it just cost so damn much.
Maybe this is not advice you are seeking but I hope to help with the cost here, because I find guitar one of the more accessible hobbies to start with. Fenders are indeed pricey but what you want is a Squier, which is a Fender subsidiary selling all the same models. A lot of the starter set Squiers with amps are pretty good for the price, after which you can update as you go. I would recommend looking around used product places because there's always someone selling a Squier with a starter amp.

Then, for the maintenance, you want to buy GHS Fast Fret. This helps with keeping your strings and fretboard feel and sound fresh (even if they don't look as much). This way, you can get more mileage out of every new set of strings. Getting a nylon acoustic would evade the problem of having to change strings often, but cheap acoustic guitars are usually unplayable compared to cheap electric ones.

As for learning, I learned a lot of my basics from Justin Guitar, who has full beginner courses on YouTube and his website. His website is also full of resources and tutorials, so it's hard to run out of material. Give yourself three months for the entire beginner course and see if you like it before further investing in the guitar hobby. Don't give up!

Logged

https://blazingcobaltx.neocities.org/images/arceus.png
Indigo
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« Reply #58 on: Summer, 30 Aug 2026 @654 » Embed

Thank you @BlazingCobaltX I did not expect a helpful reply like that. I will do my best to get back into it. I always loved how I felt playing so I am going to try this again.

Logged

https://graphic.neocities.org/671310c2-0cc1-468c-82b0-939fa3a84812.gif
azalea
Jr. Member
**
View Profile


seed flare⭐
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #59 on: Autumn, 06 Sep 2026 @816 » Embed

photography. and i mean nature photography, at that.

i know i don't have to buy a super expensive camera, but i feel like photography is one of those things where like, you get what you pay for in terms of digital cameras (someone who does photography correct me if i'm wrong, here), and i feel like i'd still have to fork over a pretty penny for a decent camera and exchangeable lenses to really be serious about taking good quality photos.

it's still something i want to pursue in the near-ish future, but it's simply out of reach at the moment.

Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe