This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 05 Oct 2026 - @917.31
Forum Activity: Two Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: There's a great big indie web tomorrow! :smile: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ☕︎ ∙ Everyone Site (edit this page)
| | |-+  Everyone's Myst (Community Project)


« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print Embed
Author Topic: Everyone's Myst (Community Project)  (Read 5104 times)
MediocreMetastasis
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Wishlist Skelecool: Remnants Please!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« on: Summer, 01 Aug 2025 @730 » Toggle Font Embed

Edit 31/7/2026: Leave some suggestions as to what I should add in the future. :ozwomp:  :ozwomp:  :ozwomp:

Everyone's Myst

I was thinking about cool projects for the everyone site. Inspired by unregistered location I thought what if everyone comes together to make this giant world with twists and turns and an infinite amount of routes. What if you just had Myst's exploration aspect but it never ends. Introducing Everyone's Myst. You can expand the world by submitting artworks, this art can be 3D, 2D, or even irl photos. As long as it's somehow connected to the previous location.
https://everyone.melonland.net/myst



https://mediocremetastasis.neocities.org/Assets/cursors/1.webp
https://mediocremetastasis.neocities.org/Assets/cursors/5.webp

« Last Edit: Summer, 31 Jul 2026 @440 by MediocreMetastasis » Logged


Artifact Swap: Sad DoggoNeutral Doggo
ヤーナム
Jr. Member
**
View ProfileArt


hanging out on AIM
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 01 Aug 2025 @797 » Embed

omg such a cool idea <3

Do you want all of the contributions to be self-made or can we add anything we want from the web?

Logged


Artifact Swap: tarusSail Creature
MediocreMetastasis
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Wishlist Skelecool: Remnants Please!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 02 Aug 2025 @177 » Toggle Font Embed

Do you want all of the contributions to be self-made or can we add anything we want from the web?
You can add anything you want. My only major rule is to for each scene to have some sort of correlation to the previous scene. If you can find images that match. Go ahead!


Logged


Artifact Swap: Sad DoggoNeutral Doggo
Rubbereon
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
OS: Linux 🐧

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
NoSmoking!Hope, the silliest ink kittayyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #3 on: Winter, 24 Jan 2026 @041 » Embed

That sounds like a fun project. I'd be more than happy to participate, but where do I start? I don't know where to begin because there's a lot of text on the edit page and then there's also the problem of when I'm done I'm not sure how I can connect my part to any other scene(s).

Logged

https://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20695.gifFuzzy fwiendhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20696.gifhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20697.gif
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gifLinux userhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gif
↓ All my web profiles are available on this website ↓
https://fursona.directory/@rubbereon :goL:
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/tabs.gifhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/idiotsticker.pnghttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/iblockads.gif

Artifact Swap: pearl yappin kittayGreen SpiffoJust CheeseCourage smiley
Mono The Bun
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


Sailing the vast sea of the internet
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: monoki_BUN_E

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
The One And Only MonokiJoined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: Winter, 27 Jan 2026 @038 » Toggle Font Embed

As a casual Myst fan, I approve. I might add something to it when I get around to it.

Logged
e-
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


the payphone faerie
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: Summer, 02 Jun 2026 @289 » Toggle Font Embed

Do you think you could upload your models/textures somewhere so we can continue seamlessly?

Logged
MediocreMetastasis
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Wishlist Skelecool: Remnants Please!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #6 on: Summer, 02 Jun 2026 @298 » Toggle Font Embed

Do you think you could upload your models/textures somewhere so we can continue seamlessly?

Uh sure. https://files.catbox.moe/j4121y.blend
I've seemed to have lost some of the textures tho as I made this ages ago but most of them are still included.
(I dithered the images in an external program after I've rendered it btw)

Logged


Artifact Swap: Sad DoggoNeutral Doggo
MediocreMetastasis
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Wishlist Skelecool: Remnants Please!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #7 on: Summer, 02 Jun 2026 @307 » Toggle Font Embed

That sounds like a fun project. I'd be more than happy to participate, but where do I start? I don't know where to begin because there's a lot of text on the edit page and then there's also the problem of when I'm done I'm not sure how I can connect my part to any other scene(s).

I tried to be as detailed as I can on the edit page. All the text shows you how to add a scene/location. There's a dictionary at the bottom of the code where you add your scene/location.
Spoiler
Code
{
sceneID: "Woods3", //unqiue identification of your scene
src: "https://mediocremetastasis.neocities.org/Assets/Myst/12.webp", //direct image link (not webpage link) to your scene's image
imageMaps: [new ImageMapRect(274,300,544,50), new ImageMapRect(274,161,300,322)], //areas you can click
destinationSceneIDs: ["Woods2",""], ///SceneIDs of the locations each imagemap sends you if you click them
mousePointer: ["url('https://mediocremetastasis.neocities.org/Assets/cursors/up-down.png'), auto", "url('https://mediocremetastasis.neocities.org/Assets/cursors/question.png'), auto"], //cursor displayed if you hover over the respective image map
music: "https://files.catbox.moe/24co5o.mp3", //music played in that location
transition: true //doesn't do anything.
},
[close]

People seem to be confused that the code doesn't send you to a different page via a link. It switches the image displayed on the screen and add some areas you can click to switch to another image.

Logged


Artifact Swap: Sad DoggoNeutral Doggo
MediocreMetastasis
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Wishlist Skelecool: Remnants Please!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #8 on: Summer, 23 Jul 2026 @796 » Toggle Font Embed

BUMP

Just wanna dig up this old everyone page I made for people who don't know about it.

Added:
  • One more scene The Sewers go forth and find it
  • The game will now notify you if a potential scene you wanna go to doesn't exist yet. Lets you know whether the path is bugged or doesn't exist yet


Oh yet if you wanna add your own art but struggle with coding just @ me on this thread with your art  :cheesy:.

Logged


Artifact Swap: Sad DoggoNeutral Doggo
MediocreMetastasis
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Wishlist Skelecool: Remnants Please!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #9 on: Summer, 24 Jul 2026 @482 » Toggle Font Embed

Refactored the code so to make adding new scenes purely html.

Instead of adding to a dictionary you add a <myst-scene> element that has the attributes id, src, music as well as <myst-destination> elements with attributes id,x,y,width,height,cursor

This makes the code way easier to read and understand and you don't need any knowledge of js to edit it.

Logged


Artifact Swap: Sad DoggoNeutral Doggo
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #10 on: Summer, 24 Jul 2026 @639 » Toggle Font Embed

This rework is looking really good! Plus the new unfinished zone alert is perfect.

I had a poke around this project yesterday and initially I didn't really understand what it was, but its super cool and I very much encourage people to contribute things to it!

For people who don't know Myst - this is essentially a community point and click adventure game, where you can turn any image into a part of the games world and add clickable zones to it.

 :ozwomp:  :ozwomp:  :ozwomp:

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
Limette
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Limette
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
« Reply #11 on: Summer, 30 Jul 2026 @668 » Toggle Font Embed

I added a scene for the tower. I was having some issues, but eventually got it. I don't think I can figure out the coordinates for destinations though, so whoever wants to add to my scene will have to sort that out for me.

Logged

https://limette.neocities.org/assets/limette.gifhttps://file.garden/aJDdYDydqnG0q1NR/blinkies/exinc.gif
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #12 on: Summer, 30 Jul 2026 @685 » Toggle Font Embed

I can[t] figure out the coordinates for destinations though

I was thinking about this, if someone know as little JS @MediocreMetastasis, it might be helpful to add a little coordinate helper in the corner that shows the current coordinate value of your mouse, this way people can just move there mouse to the areas they want to make their chord boxes, then copy the value.

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
Limette
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Limette
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
« Reply #13 on: Summer, 30 Jul 2026 @693 » Toggle Font Embed

Well, just after sending that message I sat down and tried to figure out the coordinates with the help of an image editor, and what I noticed is that the values don't seem to map to my card correctly. Cards are 544x332, so that means if I set x=0, and width=272, what should happen is that the entire left side of the card becomes a clickable destination. Instead, only about a third of the left side became clickable when I tested this. The y and height attributes similarly didn't behave as I'd expect them to.

There's a chance I'm misunderstanding how the coordinates work though, I'm running under the assumption that they're like the top/left attributes in absolute positioning.

Logged

https://limette.neocities.org/assets/limette.gifhttps://file.garden/aJDdYDydqnG0q1NR/blinkies/exinc.gif
MediocreMetastasis
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Wishlist Skelecool: Remnants Please!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #14 on: Summer, 31 Jul 2026 @081 » Toggle Font Embed

@Limette You're thinking of the coordinates as x-min y-min x-max y-max. The pivot is at the centre of the rect.

I was thinking of changing the coordinate system to be left right top bottom but that means editing every destination.  :ohdear:

@Melooon that would be a nice feature. I'll try and implement it.

Logged


Artifact Swap: Sad DoggoNeutral Doggo
Pages: [1] 2 Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe