Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @675.50 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 42/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Writers Corner
| | |-+  I just got a typewriter!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I just got a typewriter!  (Read 1139 times)
Swiftpaw

it/its

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: July 30, 2022 @652.64 »

After loosing the last on1e I saw, there was finally a typewriter at the thrift store and during a 50% sale no less. I've been looking for a typewriter for so long because I want a way of distraction-free typing! Now I just need to figure out what to write first haha

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022 @689.90 »

Ooo what sort?

I used to have an old Remington (from I guess 1920s) in my bedroom (Im not really sure why, it was just there). I wrote a school paper on it once but the q key was broken and my paper was supposed to be about liquid so that sure annoyed the teacher :ozwomp:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022 @734.20 »

Nice! Hope you have fun with it!

I have a typewriter somewhere in the house I inherited from my parents. I need a new ink ribbon or figure out how to add ink to the one already there.

I do love the very mechanical nature of them, though!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Swiftpaw

it/its

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022 @794.80 »

Ooo what sort?

I used to have an old Remington (from I guess 1920s) in my bedroom (Im not really sure why, it was just there). I wrote a school paper on it once but the q key was broken and my paper was supposed to be about liquid so that sure annoyed the teacher :ozwomp:

It's a 1998 Smith Corona! it's electric but has a manual mode that works just as well, and that sounds fun writing a school paper on a typewriter in the Yesterweb Server we were talking about taking notes on a typewriter.

Nice! Hope you have fun with it!

I have a typewriter somewhere in the house I inherited from my parents. I need a new ink ribbon or figure out how to add ink to the one already there.

I do love the very mechanical nature of them, though!

Thank you! Mine came with an ink ribbon thankfully, but I looked it up online and they don't seem too expensive. They're very cool machines and it's interesting how they're both similar and different to modern keyboards!

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022 @816.54 »

Typewriters frankly are pretty cumbersome for extended writing like stories, but they make excellent novelty tools to write letters to other people. Have you considered getting a penpal? :ha:
Swiftpaw

it/its

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022 @827.13 »

Typewriters frankly are pretty cumbersome for extended writing like stories, but they make excellent novelty tools to write letters to other people. Have you considered getting a penpal? :ha:

I just wrote the first page of something and it wasn't too bad, I just probably need to outline first but I think I could work with it

I was thinking into looking for a pen pal actually! I've always thought writing letters was cool, but just my handwriting is abysmal haha

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022 @977.67 »

Typewriters are great! I googled the model you posted, and it looks like that one has a wonderful 90's aesthetic to it. I have one from ages ago, and I've used it for a few art projects, as well as for typing letters occasionally. Here's a very bad picture of it from the side. I think it's a Royal brand, but I can't be bothered to pull it out and check at the moment.:

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2022 @537.11 »

Technology Connections just released a video on Typewriters, I thought it'd be fitting here.

YE0U018Copw

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Gotta love technology

Started by brisrayBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 4
Views: 616
Last post March 18, 2023 @869.10
by brisray
AlphaSmart, electronic typewriters, and distraction-free writing

Started by jadefyreBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 6
Views: 620
Last post April 23, 2024 @94.66
by PurpleHello98
Sky's Edge - Justine Haupt and the Rotary Cellphone

Started by MelooonBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 0
Views: 236
Last post November 16, 2023 @107.20
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi