Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @409.70 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery
| | | |-+  I just got a typewriter!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I just got a typewriter!  (Read 1303 times)
Swiftpaw

it/its

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: July 30, 2022 @652.64 »

After loosing the last on1e I saw, there was finally a typewriter at the thrift store and during a 50% sale no less. I've been looking for a typewriter for so long because I want a way of distraction-free typing! Now I just need to figure out what to write first haha

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022 @689.90 »

Ooo what sort?

I used to have an old Remington (from I guess 1920s) in my bedroom (Im not really sure why, it was just there). I wrote a school paper on it once but the q key was broken and my paper was supposed to be about liquid so that sure annoyed the teacher :ozwomp:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022 @734.20 »

Nice! Hope you have fun with it!

I have a typewriter somewhere in the house I inherited from my parents. I need a new ink ribbon or figure out how to add ink to the one already there.

I do love the very mechanical nature of them, though!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Swiftpaw

it/its

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022 @794.80 »

Ooo what sort?

I used to have an old Remington (from I guess 1920s) in my bedroom (Im not really sure why, it was just there). I wrote a school paper on it once but the q key was broken and my paper was supposed to be about liquid so that sure annoyed the teacher :ozwomp:

It's a 1998 Smith Corona! it's electric but has a manual mode that works just as well, and that sounds fun writing a school paper on a typewriter in the Yesterweb Server we were talking about taking notes on a typewriter.

Nice! Hope you have fun with it!

I have a typewriter somewhere in the house I inherited from my parents. I need a new ink ribbon or figure out how to add ink to the one already there.

I do love the very mechanical nature of them, though!

Thank you! Mine came with an ink ribbon thankfully, but I looked it up online and they don't seem too expensive. They're very cool machines and it's interesting how they're both similar and different to modern keyboards!

Memory
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022 @816.54 »

Typewriters frankly are pretty cumbersome for extended writing like stories, but they make excellent novelty tools to write letters to other people. Have you considered getting a penpal? :ha:
Swiftpaw

it/its

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022 @827.13 »

Typewriters frankly are pretty cumbersome for extended writing like stories, but they make excellent novelty tools to write letters to other people. Have you considered getting a penpal? :ha:

I just wrote the first page of something and it wasn't too bad, I just probably need to outline first but I think I could work with it

I was thinking into looking for a pen pal actually! I've always thought writing letters was cool, but just my handwriting is abysmal haha

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022 @977.67 »

Typewriters are great! I googled the model you posted, and it looks like that one has a wonderful 90's aesthetic to it. I have one from ages ago, and I've used it for a few art projects, as well as for typing letters occasionally. Here's a very bad picture of it from the side. I think it's a Royal brand, but I can't be bothered to pull it out and check at the moment.:

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2022 @537.11 »

Technology Connections just released a video on Typewriters, I thought it'd be fitting here.

YE0U018Copw

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Gotta love technology

Started by brisrayBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 4
Views: 725
Last post March 18, 2023 @869.10
by brisray
AlphaSmart, electronic typewriters, and distraction-free writing

Started by jadefyreBoard ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery

Replies: 10
Views: 947
Last post May 22, 2024 @873.37
by kzuich
Sky's Edge - Justine Haupt and the Rotary Cellphone

Started by MelooonBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 0
Views: 463
Last post November 16, 2023 @107.20
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi