Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 10 Oct 2026 - @116.57
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: ozwomp is requesting your location :ozwomp: [Agree] Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Computer Land
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Software & Data
| | |-+  Fun things to put on your desktop


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Fun things to put on your desktop  (Read 765 times)
virtualpet2001
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


getting hard to be someone but it all works out
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!Water Creature
« on: Winter, 14 Jan 2026 @071 » Toggle Font Embed

When I was little I installed a ton of random crap that altered the main desktop space of the computer in some way. My favorites were some sort of thing that converted your desktop to a 3d physics based environment (maybe it was ShockDesktop?) and Souptoys, which was just a program where you could put a bunch of Toys on your desktop. I think my current computer could use some more interesting things to customize it - I've never looked too deeply into it. So what would you suggest??

Logged

https://cloudgazer.neocities.org/links/cloudgazer.png
zj
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


Woah I can type here! Wicked!!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: zeejay
iMood: zeejay

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
water walterFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 14 Jan 2026 @730 » Toggle Font Embed

Recently I've gotten more into medieval-fantasy-esque style. I have customized my computer accordingly! I added a neat font to my browser (firefox) and changed the settings so that all text on the internet looks this way! It made surfing the web feel more whimsical, haha. I also added it to Windows, it doesn't show up in a lot of places sadly, but it's there!

I added custom cusors using this great resource!! On my desktop, my cursors are mushrooms, and on my laptop it's swords, armour, potions. I used the 'Icons' tab of the same website to customise the icons on my desktop to things like shields, key rings, chess pieces, playing cards... My lock screen is a castle and the home screen is its courtyard with a cozy lit fire :D I don't know any programs, but just these couple options can do a lot for the look and feel of your computer!

Logged

Have a peek at my site? :eyes:
25 years old!

this is Kurt ↓
gif of a ""tamaNOTchi". Click to feed!
click on him to feed him!

virtualpet2001
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


getting hard to be someone but it all works out
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!Water Creature
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 15 Jan 2026 @208 » Toggle Font Embed

I added custom cusors using this great resource!! On my desktop, my cursors are mushrooms, and on my laptop it's swords, armour, potions. I used the 'Icons' tab of the same website to customise the icons on my desktop to things like shields, key rings, chess pieces, playing cards... My lock screen is a castle and the home screen is its courtyard with a cozy lit fire :D I don't know any programs, but just these couple options can do a lot for the look and feel of your computer!
I've visited this website before but forgot about it! wound up making my computer theme insanely Green all over. it definitely has improved my browsing experience i think (lol) so thanks a lot for reminding me

while i am here and since it's somewhat related i wholeheartedly recommend desktopGeneration wallpapers. they're awesome.

Logged

https://cloudgazer.neocities.org/links/cloudgazer.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe