Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @335.71 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 51/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  If pokemon were real, which would be your main partner?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: If pokemon were real, which would be your main partner?  (Read 1666 times)
« on: August 12, 2022 @202.06 »

This was inspired by Neonriser's "If you had a Pokemon type..." topic. If pokemon were real and you could choose any one to be your "main" partner (ala Pikachu in the anime), which would it be?

I haven't been into pokemon for a long time. I played Red and watched the first few seasons of the anime as a kid, but that was where my interest peaked. I was pretty obsessed with it at the time, though. At a store, they were selling pokeballs with a pokemon keychain inside. All of the more popular ones were sold out, but I chose the Poliwhirl one. Ever since then, for whatever reason, he has been my favourite and would definitely be my best bud to go on adventures with.

In fact, a google search later and I think this is the exact same product.

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022 @262.64 »

Professor oak
Pepyogurt
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Käse, käse, wo ist die käse?

StatusCafe: pepyo
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022 @268.44 »

I remember seeing a discussion similar to this on Tumblr, and my conclusion that my companion would be a Swablu, and then maybe an Altaria. I have some in-game attachment as an Altaria was one of my main team members during my first Emerald playthrough. The reason why I didn't pick my Sceptile though is because I'm thinking about what it might be like to care for a Pokemon in real life... Both Swablu and Altaria have very friendly dispositions in the game's Pokedex entries, Swablu even sit on people's heads like a hat!

CooperationIsKey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Something Clever

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: CooperationIsKey
iMood: CooperationIsKey

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022 @351.99 »

My buddy Pokémon on Pokémon Go is Umbreon, so I'll go with that. Umbreon!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022 @484.93 »

Professor oak
:happy: :happy: :omg:k:

Ummm ummm, I don't wana over think it but a flying pokemon you could ride would be really useful, but they are also like way too big and birds are creepy.

A Bonsley would be cute or Drifloon; but not great in a fight.. maybe a Mew? A mew is cute (just not as cute as Drifloon) but they can also open a can of wham on bad guys and could possibly make you fly with physic powers?

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022 @592.00 »

No question: Mimikyu

I also really like Espurr and Popplio, but I think Mimikyu will always be my absolute favorite. I adore creepy things, but I what I love just slightly more are things that manage to be BOTH creepy and cute. Mimikyu strikes a perfect balance of being a horrifying little creature while also being incredibly sympathetic. Characters that scare people away and struggle with loneliness for it are an absolute weakness for me. I would love to have one as my main partner just to make it feel loved and worthy of friendship.

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022 @851.81 »

I had to look up 99% of the replies so far because I have never heard of them. :grin:

birds are creepy.

Right!? I think birds are cool and sometimes even cute, but I have a phobia of flying things especially if they're flying towards me.
Saiban

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2022 @476.53 »

I don't know because if pokemon did poof into existence humanity will have a day at least until all our terrain and ecosystems are destroyed as multiple pokemon are literal bioweapons that could easily end the world. Yeah I'm fun at parties.
Kiko
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I want a big sip of cucumber lemonade

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2022 @913.99 »

My first picks would be Charmander or Mudkip because those are the starters I always pick when I replay fire red and emerald.
But if I had to pick a pokemon to stay tiny for convenience, I would choose Eevee, I would not want them to evolve at all (of course, if pokemon was real and my eevee was actively evolving, I can't just press B in real life).
also I don't think it would be my main partner, but I would love a Lapras in my party, they're just so cute!!

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2022 @940.22 »

Probably a Scorbunny.
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2022 @762.03 »

My favourite Pokémon has been Sceptile for the longest time, so I would pick Sceptile. They're the coolest!

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

Absentmind

i love surfing the world widened web

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2022 @777.30 »

Probably Grimer/Muk. No I will not elaborate :wink:

JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2022 @631.71 »

Either totodile vaporeon scyther or meowth. Meowth could make me a lot of money by giving me a bunch of coins, scythers just really cool, and i like water types so totodile and vaporeon.

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
Corrupted Unicorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2023 @790.93 »

You know, when Detective Pikachu got released people started to discuss this in a more "real life" setting, and I think I would love a partner Audino.

It's a Pokemon that can literally hear your feelings. I could really use one of these to evaluate when a situation is gonna become too much and get me outta there before it gets worse. Could also help calm anxieties, nervousness and other similar feelings. Plus I think with its humanoid shape it could join me in activities like cooking and cleaning.  :4u:

Yes my Pokemon companion is pretty much a literal emotional support animal. I'll leave the fire-breathing lizards to the professionals.  :dive:

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2023 @793.17 »

I really love Emolga!

Edit: I also made a little Emolga badge to drive this home, haha.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023 @801.53 by /home/user/ » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

If you had a Pokemon type...

Started by NeonriserBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 38
Views: 3908
Last post December 05, 2023 @137.31
by Fish
What would your life look like in the Pokemon universe?

Started by TAS_1KBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 11
Views: 1872
Last post April 22, 2023 @598.99
by Guest
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 7
Views: 715
Last post January 09, 2023 @535.68
by sig

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi