Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @835.13 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Movies you only liked after giving a second chance

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Movies you only liked after giving a second chance  (Read 655 times)
« on: September 04, 2022 @172.72 »

What are some movies that you hated the first time you watched them, but grew to appreciate on subsequent viewings?

Most recently, I rewatched Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. Not long before, I mentioned in another thread about how much I disliked this movie. Everything leading up to its release made me think it would be the spiritual successor to The Fifth Element, which is one of my favourite movies of all time. It definitely isn't that, but I think that now that I'm quite a few years removed from that initial disappointment and I don't have any expectations of what I want it to be, I was able to appreciate it for what it actually is.

The acting of the main characters is still stiff and mostly bad, but the visuals are amazing and the story is actually pretty good. Most of all, the world created around the story is brilliant, even if it isn't always shown in the best way.

Rewatching it reminded me of the first time I was excited for a movie only to be disappointed, and then years later learned to love it. That was The Chronicles of Riddick. Pitch Black is another of my all-time favourite movies, so my expectations were astronomical going into the theatre. It was nothing like Pitch Black, and unlike comparing Valerian to The Fifth Element, this was a direct sequel! It wasn't until years later when I rewatched it on DVD that I grew to like it, and now I genuinely love it as a great popcorn flick.

Ironically the next sequel, Riddick, tried to basically recreate Pitch Black and I ended up not liking it as much.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022 @189.97 by MamboGator » Logged
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022 @831.09 »

I remember when Disney's Enchanted came out I thought it was a really dumb idea for a movie, but after watching it recently I actually found it quite entertaining and enjoyable (even in all its cheesy campy glory lol)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Old French Animated Sci-fi Movies

Started by DojidaveBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 5
Views: 1530
Last post October 22, 2022 @478.83
by PineTree
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 54
Views: 5085
Last post February 16, 2024 @496.90
by georgemoody
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 47
Views: 3679
Last post March 17, 2024 @568.10
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi