Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @489.36 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games
| | | |-+  What decade were you born in?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: What decade were you born in?
2010s
2000s
1990s
1980s
1970s or earlier

Author Topic: What decade were you born in?  (Read 1919 times)
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2022 @463.58 »

I was born in 98 and I started actively surfing the internet at around 5-6 years old, so basically as soon as I could read and write. I never made a website on Geocities but I did visit some sites that were on there. Missed Myspace because I didn't know English. I made my own websites on different places other than Geocities. That was my childhood and preteen years. As a teen I was mostly on Tumblr. I feel like it still has a bit of that old vibe available though visually if you want to design your blog that way.
DiamondPetals
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2022 @112.37 »

I was born in the 90's. Some of my first internet experiences were Barbie.com, dial-up, and my dad making me a Yahoo! email account. I wish I was more involved in forums but sadly I was only around 8 years old.
appleAlc
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I hear the sounds of the city and dispossessed

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2023 @722.60 »

I was born in 2005, there were some remnants of an older web but they were falling by the wayside when I was a kid : (

~~~~You can never tell the truth, but you can tell something that sounds like it~~~~
(she/her)
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2023 @494.68 »

late 2000s kid here! a certified had a DSi as my first console kid

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2023 @816.85 »

Whoever voted for "2010's" probably got their account deleted for COPPA lol.
lonelyjuly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

space, man

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: lonelyjuly
iMood: lonelyjuly
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2023 @891.41 »

Summer of '99 here. I got exposed to the internet around 6-7 years old and would frequently use AIM to talk to my friends. Other than that, MySpace and Geocities was unknown territory to me  :ok:

>"He who enters the arena is infinitely more honorable than he who watches from the stands"

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2023 @908.25 »

1997! My dad was known as the local "DVD man" which I'm unsure of how common that is worldwide, but basically he would pirate all the DVD's he could and sell them to people. As such, I was introduced to the internet pretty early on in life, though most of my time online was spent playing the games my dad downloaded for me.

I never used myspace or anything, but my first social media was... Bebo! I wonder if anyone else here remembers that site? Speaking of which, man I miss msn... Every day I'd send my friends "nudges" LOL. Love the msn emoticons on this site! :cheesy:
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2023 @565.34 »

I was born in '92 and my dad started sitting me in front of a computer before I can even remember it. As such, I believe I got to experience the "Golden Age" of the web, as you will.

I can't lie that it did make me feel old initially to know that so many of the others involved in this movement are way younger but it really fills me with hope that we can carve out a significant space for ourselves. This isn't just pure nostalgia or anything. It's a form of expression and connection that people really want.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 33
Views: 3057
Last post Today at @157.27
by nintendowii99
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 54
Views: 5090
Last post February 16, 2024 @496.90
by georgemoody
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 47
Views: 3686
Last post March 17, 2024 @568.10
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi