Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 18, 2024 - @313.43 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 51/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  greetings!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: greetings!  (Read 767 times)
memo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: September 20, 2022 @597.91 »

Hello all, I'm serimemo, just memo for short.

I've been an internet communities' user since around 2008/2009, back when I got my first laptop. The spread of Discord in the mid 10s made me slowly realize I'm not fit for the constantly online-and-chatting model, and also it made me miss forums as a concept (I like the different "weight" messages have here).

I like music a lot; my first love was grunge music, but what truly gained my attention at the time was how nice it is to discover new sounds - nowadays there's hardly anything which I'd give a hard pass before at least listening once. Genres that have a special place in my mind are shoegaze, IDM, breakcore, ambient, stoner/doom metal, hyperpop.

I also like videogames, although I don't game as I used to. My favourite games of all times are Persona 3 FES, Guilty Gear Strive, og Resident Evil trilogy.

I hope everyone's doing well!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022 @600.30 by memo » Logged
graveyardsoup
Casual Poster ⚓︎

the net is vast and infinite

iMood: graveyardsoup

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022 @626.06 »

Hi memo! :pc: It's nice to meet you.

I feel the same way about forum messages and their weight. It's nice to be somewhere where it feels like what you say is actually gonna get read by someone rather than mindlessly scrolled past.

I also love doom metal! What are some of your favorite songs?

memo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022 @669.56 »

Hi memo! :pc: It's nice to meet you.

I feel the same way about forum messages and their weight. It's nice to be somewhere where it feels like what you say is actually gonna get read by someone rather than mindlessly scrolled past.

Indeed! I think discord normalizes fast chatting in an almost obsessive way - in that kind of sense it's also not accessible at all for people who prefer to take their conversations slow because in very populated servers by the time you formulate a thought the chat changed topic three times.

I also love doom metal! What are some of your favorite songs?
I've mostly been into Sleep (Jerusalem's my fav album probably) and Primitive Man (Caustic). Do you have anything else to recommend?
graveyardsoup
Casual Poster ⚓︎

the net is vast and infinite

iMood: graveyardsoup

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022 @853.23 »

I've mostly been into Sleep (Jerusalem's my fav album probably) and Primitive Man (Caustic). Do you have anything else to recommend?

Those are both great groups! Recently I've really been liking Triptykon specifically Melana Chasmata.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022 @877.74 »

Hi memo, welcome to the forum :4u:

Wow the spread of discord in the 2010s? I didnt use it until 2020, but maybe Im slow :S!! I definitaly agree with the diffrence between slow and fast messaging; its nice to feel that ideas have room to breath and be expressed.

I like your site, its bright and neat. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
memo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022 @567.93 »

Those are both great groups! Recently I've really been liking Triptykon specifically Melana Chasmata.

ooh! I didn't know about them, thank you very much for the recommendation.

Hi memo, welcome to the forum :4u:

Wow the spread of discord in the 2010s? I didnt use it until 2020, but maybe Im slow :S!! I definitaly agree with the diffrence between slow and fast messaging; its nice to feel that ideas have room to breath and be expressed.

I like your site, its bright and neat. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

Thank you very much for the welcome! You have a very wonderful little crafted space here.
When it comes to discord I said 2010s but it's more like.. late 10s, I remember joining in around 2015 or 2016. Back then there was no Discord Nitro. A funny thing I remember about the discord from that time is that images didn't require any sending confirmation, so you could literally hold down ctrl-v after copying and image and it would spam a chat as fast as it could upload images.

P.s. also thank you for the welcome pack, it's much useful! I believe some links might need a little update - they still redirect to melonking.net, while if I read correctly you're trying to redirect the more community-based project to melonland.net.
Also beware that the look/layout link brings up your profile! I believe it has to do with the ":u=1" at the end of the URL.
This should work properly:
Code
https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?action=profile;area=theme
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi