Forum Hub > ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions

greetings!

(1/2) > >>

memo:
Hello all, I'm serimemo, just memo for short.

I've been an internet communities' user since around 2008/2009, back when I got my first laptop. The spread of Discord in the mid 10s made me slowly realize I'm not fit for the constantly online-and-chatting model, and also it made me miss forums as a concept (I like the different "weight" messages have here).

I like music a lot; my first love was grunge music, but what truly gained my attention at the time was how nice it is to discover new sounds - nowadays there's hardly anything which I'd give a hard pass before at least listening once. Genres that have a special place in my mind are shoegaze, IDM, breakcore, ambient, stoner/doom metal, hyperpop.

I also like videogames, although I don't game as I used to. My favourite games of all times are Persona 3 FES, Guilty Gear Strive, og Resident Evil trilogy.

I hope everyone's doing well!

graveyardsoup:
Hi memo! :pc: It's nice to meet you.

I feel the same way about forum messages and their weight. It's nice to be somewhere where it feels like what you say is actually gonna get read by someone rather than mindlessly scrolled past.

I also love doom metal! What are some of your favorite songs?

memo:

--- Quote from: graveyardsoup on September 20, 2022 @626.06 ---Hi memo! :pc: It's nice to meet you.

I feel the same way about forum messages and their weight. It's nice to be somewhere where it feels like what you say is actually gonna get read by someone rather than mindlessly scrolled past.
--- End quote ---

Indeed! I think discord normalizes fast chatting in an almost obsessive way - in that kind of sense it's also not accessible at all for people who prefer to take their conversations slow because in very populated servers by the time you formulate a thought the chat changed topic three times.

--- Quote ---
I also love doom metal! What are some of your favorite songs?
--- End quote ---
I've mostly been into Sleep (Jerusalem's my fav album probably) and Primitive Man (Caustic). Do you have anything else to recommend?

graveyardsoup:

--- Quote ---I've mostly been into Sleep (Jerusalem's my fav album probably) and Primitive Man (Caustic). Do you have anything else to recommend?

--- End quote ---

Those are both great groups! Recently I've really been liking Triptykon specifically Melana Chasmata.

Melooon:
Hi memo, welcome to the forum :4u:

Wow the spread of discord in the 2010s? I didnt use it until 2020, but maybe Im slow :S!! I definitaly agree with the diffrence between slow and fast messaging; its nice to feel that ideas have room to breath and be expressed.

I like your site, its bright and neat. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version