Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @891.16 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share  (Read 3680 times)
« on: September 25, 2022 @820.03 »

I always find it sad when I see a new video from a YouTube channel I love and it only gets a tiny amount of views. So I wanted to make this topic for people to share those channels or videos to help give them a boost.

One that I recently subscribed to is thesummerofmark. He's a Romanian game reviewer who focuses on longform retrospectives and has a really dry sense of humor that I enjoy.

I stumbled across his channel when I was looking for content on two of my favourite retro PC games, Sacrifice and Giants: Citizen Kabuto. His latest video is a look at the original Splinter Cell.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022 @958.32 »

I recently found this guy who collects fans and Im totally a fan :omg:k:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwJFLintKaIPH1SYOirsIgw/videos

This one is SO NICE!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
graveyardsoup
Casual Poster ⚓︎

the net is vast and infinite

iMood: graveyardsoup

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022 @148.21 »

I recently found this guy who collects fans and Im totally a fan :omg:k:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwJFLintKaIPH1SYOirsIgw/videos

I love channels like this so much. I think some of my favorite content on the internet is just people sharing odd things they're passionate about.

One of my random favorite channels is this woman who does simple Adobe Illustrator tutorials. She has such a calming voice I sometimes just put her videos on when I'm studying or trying to fall asleep because her videos have almost a meditative quality in my opinion.

di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022 @50.21 »

Vilray, I adore him.

He recently uploaded this completely original song. The lyrics are intriguing, the song is an hommage to the classic 30s-40s jazz sound yet still sounds fresh, and the man has a golden voice.

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022 @975.00 »

Here's another one. Cannot Be Tamed is another gaming channel. She focuses a bit on retro games, but also covers newer ones as well. I found her channel when I was looking for a retro review of Sewer Shark for the Sega CD. She's probably the only other person I know of who remembers that game fondly. I recently replayed it on my Legends Ultimate arcade machine, and I still love it. :smile:

She also just posted a ranking video for her favourite horror games, so good Halloween content if you're looking for some.

I'm also 90% sure she's a fellow Canadian. The way she pronounces the word "Mouth" in the title "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" is a dead giveaway. :cheesy:

Mewth.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022 @977.16 by MamboGator » Logged
PineTree
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2022 @480.95 »

One YouTube whose stuff I watched a lot is Rantasmo. He makes short video essays about queer characters in TV and film. I don't think he has a super large following but things could have changed recently.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2022 @520.23 »

Vilray, I adore him.

Aha, this song is great! I love querky song writer channels!

One of my favorates is Rick22228 (warning this is a heart breaking video :ohdear:)

Annd they stopped uploading a while ago (I hope they are ok) but they BluegillBuddies were sweet too:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2022 @966.22 »

Here's another underappreciated video game review channel that just dropped a new video on Skyward Sword HD.

Lady Pelvic's channel isn't the smallest, given that she's associated with Normal Boots, but she definitely deserves more attention.

CooperationIsKey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Something Clever

StatusCafe: CooperationIsKey
iMood: CooperationIsKey

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2022 @468.70 »

I'm a big YouTube watcher (I don't really watch tv but I have something playing most of the time lest I be alone with my thoughts), so let me just go through my sub list a little...

Better Off Red is a surprisingly small true crime & makeup channel. She does her (fantastic) makeup while recounting various crime cases (Content Warning as it's often pretty nasty stuff) with a much-needed dash of humor. Here's a recent piece on Edgar Allen Poe! (one of the tamer videos, but still use discretion.)

Sal does a dope series on dying/dead shopping malls (mostly) in America and other fascinating abandoned or nearly-abandoned locations, called his Expedition Log Series, which is over 100 episodes now. Great for fans of liminal spaces and/or urban exploration! Here's his most recent video.

Artemia Daddy makes fun videos about Sea Monkeys, chronicling their history and the many different products that have come out over the years, as well as Sea Monkey care and other products and tips to help care for them. He recently made a teeny tiny (temporary) aquarium for his pets!

The Brine Lady hasn't updated in a while, but is criminally small at under 100 subs for the cute videos she makes. She also does Sea Monkey videos, while building creative and unique environments for them to live in!

And the following are fairly large, over 100k but under a million, and I think are noteworthy:

Miniminuteman is growing really fast (I think owing in part of his TikTok which was popular before he moved to longer-form videos) but he's totally worth checking out. Really fun educational archaeology videos, including a series called "Awful Archaeology" where he debunks weird speculative theories and such.

Kaz Rowe does great deep dives into history, including some really great pieces on queer history. This is the video I came across that got me to sub to them:

Pushing Up Roses is another commentary type channel, doing, in her words, "Like all things retro? I do introspective, comedic videos on classic TV, Movies, and Games. Or on whatever I want." I think her favorite topic is Murder, She Wrote.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2022 @502.38 »

For retro tech, particularly Amiga, Cassette and Minidisc related stuff, Iv been meaning to post MsMadLemon!

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2022 @839.93 »

Sal does a dope series on dying/dead shopping malls (mostly) in America and other fascinating abandoned or nearly-abandoned locations, called his Expedition Log Series, which is over 100 episodes now. Great for fans of liminal spaces and/or urban exploration!

The death of malls in the US is fascinating to me. Here in Canada we don't seem to be having the same cultural shift. The two malls I usually went to as a teenager are still pretty busy today. A few retail stores have closed since COVID, but they've been replaced by others. But I'm only speaking for one city, so maybe it's different elsewhere in the country.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2022 @475.31 »

I find myself coming back to this video again and again (Its a tour of some guys totally incredible library)

Dojidave
Jr. Member ⚓︎

huh?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2022 @629.61 »

Ultimate Premium is a gem of a channel, it is a shame that they seem to have taken down allot of their videos for some reason, but the ones that are still there are neato. :smile:

SilkSkull

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2022 @830.46 »

I love so many of these channels after binging them because of this thread, I have a couple of my own I'll have to find, mostly old gaming one or ones where people just record places I think are neat

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2023 @969.12 »

Hollywood Graveyard Tours is great - a guy walks around graveyards and points out the famous people; its sort of like a whirlwind tour of 20th century entertainment history, Iv learned about a lot of voice actors and early pioneers that Id otherwise never have thought about :dl: - Plus theres a memento mori quality and something relaxing about it :grin:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Oo Animal Crossing Towns oO - Share your town!

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 8
Views: 1972
Last post November 07, 2023 @41.97
by soapfriendo
Share your local artists!

Started by GuestBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 6
Views: 1308
Last post October 12, 2023 @676.18
by DiffydaDude
Share your desk!

Started by MelooonBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 62
Views: 5451
Last post March 26, 2024 @827.03
by littlesecret

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi