Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @767.48 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 71/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share  (Read 3894 times)
vvinrg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

It's mine! My text! You can't have it!! Bwahaha!!!

StatusCafe: winrg
iMood: winrg
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2023 @922.48 »

oh! i thought of another channel!!

no no infrequently posts cool demos of stuff they're working on. it's mostly experiments with first-person stuff, and they do it all by hand(no game engine). there's no narration on any of the vids, it's just them showing off the thing. you can probably binge the whole channel in like 30-40 mins.

there's also their video, empty forest place which makes me feel things and also got me into shigeo sekito. just a cool channel lol.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023 @924.07 by vvinrg » Logged
georgemoody
Jr. Member ⚓︎

To Tux or not to Tux, that is the question

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: georgemoody
iMood: georgemoody

View Profile WWW

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2023 @954.02 »

Surprised no one's mentioned LGR yet. :ozwomp: He covers all sorts of retro hardware and software, and he even has an old video essay series detailing stuff like AOL, 3Dfx, and BonziBuddy. He also does Sims 4 videos from time to time. His latest video is a five hour compilation and commentary about building his woodgrain 486. :pc:

speaking of LRG, Michaelmjd is also a great YouTuber that also covers old tech, and sometimes even modernish tech (mid 2000s onwards). love his chill, bored voice; overall, pretty cool guy and channel

I have no idea what I’m doing.
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2023 @242.07 »

As someone who mainly watches video essayists above all else, a channel I want to give a shout out to is The Morbid Zoo.

Horror is one of my biggest passions and I don't think I've ever seen someone who really gets what makes horror so appealing to be quite like she does. Her videos on The Thing, The Babadook, and the decline of race horror are all fantastic. Chromalore and Kaiserbeams are some other super underrated essayists I'd recommend.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2023 @936.04 »

MobileTechReview (Super generic name  :ohdear: ) I enjoy watching tech reviews but I reallllyy get sick of like 99% of them being made by 20-something-year-old men in t-shirts/hoodies and badly needing to shave (Hot take from melon  :drat: ) - This is one of the few tech channels Iv seen hosted by an older woman and Id like to see more of that.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
mechanical
Casual Poster

".....SO I'M FAKE AND ARCHAIC?"

iMood: mechmeat

View Profile

Joined 2023!
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2023 @257.74 »

I like Acerola's videos! They're centered around graphics programming and how to do them (+ a video or two about some other thing that's still related to programming). I think his stuff is pretty neato and super informative for a subject that not a lot of people talk about. I will admit, I don't really get much of it, but they're still fun to watch :-D

It's like my time was.... FROZEN STILL!!!
Daryl Sun
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2023 @273.56 »

selfacoustic is a Korean stop-motion paper art channel with cute designs, bright colors, and soft music. The themes of the videos vary around food, beauty care, and cleaning. There are occasionally sponsored videos, but they look so cute that one forgets they're sponsored videos.

Here's the video that introduced me to their channel: Sandwich & Hamburger Making Stopmotion

virtue
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2023 @929.13 »

I am legally obligated to mention JC Foster Takes It To The Moon. He is primarily a comedy channel but also does these utterly captivating longer-form videos that just blow me away. If you like incomprehensible, hectic contemporary humor and weird philosophical things with gorgeous and extremely unique/stylistic presentation, SERIOUSLY give his content a watch. He also makes incredible music!

I get stuck in a cruise ship cabin for a week

Shared Delusions by JC Foster

GDNF by JC Foster (EPILEPSY WARNING)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023 @933.29 by virtue » Logged

I <3 RANDOM MESSAGES!!!
Fish
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of the most ok cuppa joe

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2023 @124.79 »

Galactic Hole

A channel I've been watching for years showing some of the best and funniest mashups I've ever seen/heard

Hes also made a bunch of albums over the years that you can listen to on bandcamp

Tadd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Don't know what this is but it sounds official

View Profile WWW

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2023 @568.10 »

Cat Fm radio REBOOTED!  Its inspired by the original cat fm radio broadcast 1. All of the cat fm radios deserve a listen in your day to day life I promise you. It's so so dear to my heart, meowsynth by beloved.

Tadd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Don't know what this is but it sounds official

View Profile WWW

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2023 @594.42 »

The death of malls in the US is fascinating to me. Here in Canada we don't seem to be having the same cultural shift. The two malls I usually went to as a teenager are still pretty busy today. A few retail stores have closed since COVID, but they've been replaced by others. But I'm only speaking for one city, so maybe it's different elsewhere in the country.
Cw: Gun violence
I used to have a similar thought. The area I live in is a bit of a time capsule, so the one mall I had nearby me was super crowded for a long time until 2019. The only thing that could have made people avoid it happened, and there have been
Spoiler
5 separate shootings
[close]
since then. It's really unfortunate. another one happened in the only other mall within a 2 hour drive, so we've got no other's to go to. If that hadnt happened, I honestly thing ours would be still just the way that they were for many more years to come, considering it's kinda the main source of entertainment and enrichment we had aside from driving to the nearest pet store.

Yaya

StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2024 @157.06 »

I love channels like this so much. I think some of my favorite content on the internet is just people sharing odd things they're passionate about.

Same here. It just makes the internet cool and personable again.

I have a lot of channels that I like which range from 50-100k but there's one small channel I like this guy Yukio Koitohe's in the military and he just makes playlists of good Japanese music--love it.
alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

NEW PLASTIC TREE 5.29 !!!!1!!!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2024 @948.34 »

Ohhh i've been waiting to share this one with the world
Emara is an animated webseries that i love to BITS. although it was not concluded, and i don't really know what happened to the producers, i would still HIGHLY recommend.

Someone else here mentioned 4096, i second that :ha:
James Tullos is great, he mainly talks about YA literature and books in general. I appreciate his video essays, as a former YA-obsessed kid who read a lot of the books he discusses

JVScholz talks a lot about digital minimalism and inspired a lot of the sentiment i have about social media today. Plus his setups are GAS

LABY is my favorite crack edit channel. They edit really bad old animes like Diabolik Lovers and Dance with Devils, and every time a video of theirs comes out my friends and I are on the floor laughing.

MakeBabi.es is inactive now but hosts another webseries gem, Senpai Club. Genuinely so entertaining.

츠미 tsumi has some of the best dj sets i've listened to on youtube

Finally, DecafIsHere is a cool anime youtuber -- since i don't really watch anime i often use his videos to keep up with the genre lol

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2024 @88.97 »

I'm not sure if 14k subscriptions counts as underappreciated or obscure, but I think this channel fits in really well with the vibe here: Dr. Rip VHS is a VHS collector who rips full VHS tapes that he finds at Goodwill outlets and other thrift stores. Not feature films or anything, but those obscure DIY films that you'd get shoved into your latest big purchase or sent off for in a catalogue. For instance, here's 45 minutes of "Fitness after sixty"!

And contender for best title goes to: "Learn Country Line Dancein' Vol 2: Featuring the Tush Push!"

soft-star
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2024 @771.28 »

I'm obsessed with this small creator Daskalos who is a professional archaeologist and he has this series where he plays vanilla Minecraft as someone in the Bronze Age and builds Bronze Age monuments and settlements using his archaeological expertise. I love when he peppers in some details like prayers to the gods in Ancient Greek while making his way through the world. Such a cool crossover of two of my favorite things: minecraft let's plays and ancient history!

neongod
Newbie ⚓︎

“Everything not saved will be lost” - Nintendo

iMood: neongod

View Profile WWW

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2024 @653.18 »

One channel I found recently and really liked is The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows. Finding new words for feelings we all experience sometimes but have no words for:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Oo Animal Crossing Towns oO - Share your town!

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 8
Views: 2041
Last post November 07, 2023 @41.97
by soapfriendo
Share your local artists!

Started by GuestBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 6
Views: 1337
Last post October 12, 2023 @676.18
by DiffydaDude
Share your desk!

Started by MelooonBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 75
Views: 5922
Last post April 14, 2024 @626.03
by grubbyfox

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi