Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 11 Oct 2026 - @895.38
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 105.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: Love is not possession  :4u: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  Any Tips?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Any Tips?  (Read 557 times)
Serlei
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWW


Serlei :3
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: Serlei

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!Maya's Magatama
« on: Summer, 27 Aug 2026 @491 » Embed

Any tips for my neocities thing I've been working on? It's only been like a few days since I've started working on it as well!!


I used a layout template to see how things r working out!! (Also because my coding skills are very minimal lol)

I'm sort of blanking on what else I should add since it looks kinda plain and bare bones and I can't really think of anything to make it look better so any help would be appreciated!  :4u: :cheerR:

Logged

Dan Q
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


I have no idea what I am doing
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Dan Q Cruisin'I DIDN'T meet Dan Q on Melonland!Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 27 Aug 2026 @508 » Toggle Font Embed

Looks freakin' awesome; don't sweat it!

Add some content (about you? guestbook? blog? linkroll? shrines? interests? pictures? everything!) and see if any design change ideas come to you as you go. But you're off to a solid start there and the design's already looking pretty swish.

(Don't forget to remove sidebar bits you don't need: if one of those lists or sections isn't serving you, ditch it or comment it out to add later!)

Logged

https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-lighter.gif https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-peekaboo-scroller.gif https://beige-buttons.danq.dev/beige-buttons-88x31.gif https://embed-html.danq.dev/embed-html-88x31.gif

Artifact Swap: PolyamorousI met Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
schlime9k
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


Forever personalising my profile
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: schlime9k
iMood: schlime9k
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 27 Aug 2026 @518 » Toggle Font Embed

You're doin' great so far, love the pink colour scheme you got going on!

Web designing can be a pain because one moment you'll be laser locked on what you want and the next moment you got nothing up there, it's cobwebs in your brain. Don't sweat it and have a look at other sites for inspiration. For example, I didn't think of making my "websurf" page on my site until I saw another site do it and thought "hey I can do that too!" then I did.

Using templates is great, it'll help you understand what certain tags do and soon you won't need to use templates anymore, and instead you'll be working it all on your own keyboard and mouse.

Keep updating it and let us know how you're doing! Ooh speaking of updates: If you're thinking of things to add, an "update" section on your homepage is a great place to start; it's basically a log for both yourself and others to see how active you are on building your site. If you want, see my update section on my homepage for inspiration.

Logged

https://schlime.online/images/buttons/wsw.gif

Artifact Swap: Physical media FOREVA!I met Dan Q on Melonland!Lil ghost friendAce Honeymami
Serlei
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWW


Serlei :3
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: Serlei

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!Maya's Magatama
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 01 Sep 2026 @007 » Embed

Looks freakin' awesome; don't sweat it!

Add some content (about you? guestbook? blog? linkroll? shrines? interests? pictures? everything!) and see if any design change ideas come to you as you go. But you're off to a solid start there and the design's already looking pretty swish.

(Don't forget to remove sidebar bits you don't need: if one of those lists or sections isn't serving you, ditch it or comment it out to add later!)


Apologies for the late reply!! But, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!  :transport:

I'll also start adding those widgets those to my neoticies page when I'm close to being done, thank you!!! o(≧▽≦)o  :cheerR: :4u:

Logged

Serlei
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWW


Serlei :3
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: Serlei

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!Maya's Magatama
« Reply #4 on: Autumn, 01 Sep 2026 @010 » Embed

You're doin' great so far, love the pink colour scheme you got going on!

Web designing can be a pain because one moment you'll be laser locked on what you want and the next moment you got nothing up there, it's cobwebs in your brain. Don't sweat it and have a look at other sites for inspiration. For example, I didn't think of making my "websurf" page on my site until I saw another site do it and thought "hey I can do that too!" then I did.

Using templates is great, it'll help you understand what certain tags do and soon you won't need to use templates anymore, and instead you'll be working it all on your own keyboard and mouse.

Keep updating it and let us know how you're doing! Ooh speaking of updates: If you're thinking of things to add, an "update" section on your homepage is a great place to start; it's basically a log for both yourself and others to see how active you are on building your site. If you want, see my update section on my homepage for inspiration.
Thank you for the advice!! I've been seeing a lot of cool sites so I've deffinitely been getting some inspiration from them!! I'll also add an updates page, would love to see what I add in the future!!  :ozwomp:

(Also your site is very cute!!!  :transport:)

Logged

Mayonaka
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Newgrounds: FauxHumanoid

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #5 on: Autumn, 03 Sep 2026 @193 » Embed

ideas come from exposure and innovation. a colleague made a pretty good writeup on the topic... it essentially bottles down to, take what you already do (or want to do) on the internet and make versions of that on your site. it even gives some examples if you come up blank on everything like me!

what it also mentions is browsing other websites is really important for a web crafter. keeps your mind fed with potential, and sometimes even gives you ideas to steal and refine upon for your own website. browsing through district directories (like nekoweb districts!) and finding an entry point then just clicking through buttons and webrings is a nice option, though you can always use the built-in tags systems on hosting sites for more curated searching.

Logged

that's what i think, anyway...

https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/rei_2.gif https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/track44.gif https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/rei_1.gif
https://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/FreeButtons.pnghttps://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/Trans-Guy.pnghttps://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/Otherkin-rainbow.png

Artifact Swap: gemini
Serlei
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWW


Serlei :3
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: Serlei

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!Maya's Magatama
« Reply #6 on: Autumn, 03 Sep 2026 @605 » Embed

ideas come from exposure and innovation. a colleague made a pretty good writeup on the topic... it essentially bottles down to, take what you already do (or want to do) on the internet and make versions of that on your site. it even gives some examples if you come up blank on everything like me!

what it also mentions is browsing other websites is really important for a web crafter. keeps your mind fed with potential, and sometimes even gives you ideas to steal and refine upon for your own website. browsing through district directories (like nekoweb districts!) and finding an entry point then just clicking through buttons and webrings is a nice option, though you can always use the built-in tags systems on hosting sites for more curated searching.

Thank you!! I'll do just that!! !! ☆*: .。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆  :cheerR:

Logged

Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe