Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 06 Oct 2026 - @807.09
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: There's a great big indie web tomorrow! :smile: Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Worlds & Video Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Do you see yourself still playing video games at an older age?


« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed
Author Topic: Do you see yourself still playing video games at an older age?  (Read 402 times)
Horsey Chobunso
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


give me convenience or give me death
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« Reply #15 on: Today at @592 » Embed

Every year I get less likely to continue playing video games as I age. I have basically dropped all singleplayer games that don't require me to go to the local arcade. I can't get interested in game stories compared to any of the books I read, and most of the gameplay bores me once I figure out whatever I need to trick the NPCs. Most of the multiplayer games I really love are just too much effort for me to want to keep up anymore. It's been weighing on me a lot lately.

I spent a really significant chunk of my life competing in games and loving the whole experience. Despite whatever people say about multiplayer gAmErS, I've met a lot of my closest friends through fighting game communities and events. Even though I love them, they're just not enjoyable for me to play casually. I have 0 desire to do an activity if I can't get to a competent level, and I can't be competent in fighting games without spending more time than I have right now.

I still play TCGs and other thought-heavy, low execution competitive games, but its not the same. I had this flow state and sense of being when I was heavily involved in fighting games, but nothing I do brings that back. It's nice to spend my time on other passions, but its a really big and difficult change that I have to take slowly.

I'll probably play Team Fortress 2 forever though. You can take my stupid hats out of my cold dead hands.

Logged

https://i.postimg.cc/hGyqKcSz/disconnected.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/mr8VqrT5/Horsey-Chobunso.gif
TheFrugalGamer
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
See A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantGreat Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #16 on: Today at @644 » Toggle Font Embed

I certainly hope so, because my backlog is long enough to last for at least two lifetimes!!!

Joking aside though, I've got a lot of my memories and personality tied up in video games, and although I have less time for them now, I still really enjoy playing them when I get the chance. There are some I've been playing non stop since they came out 25 years ago, and I don't intend to stop soon!

Logged


Artifact Swap: Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Pink TulipEmerald OreAquamarine
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe