Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @503.88 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Bless my playlist with some obscure tracks

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bless my playlist with some obscure tracks  (Read 1101 times)
SilkSkull

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« on: October 13, 2022 @920.36 »

Recently I've been getting tired of the same music, I wanna expand my taste as well as get some new tracks for my current taste. I would especially love some more underground rap, techno, DnB, Jungle, House, Hardcore.

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Janus
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022 @806.23 »

Hmm, IDK how "obscure" you can call anything by Sublime but check out this deep cut. Samples from "Soul Kitchen" by the Doors (1967) and a radio western starring the titular character:

Sublime - Cisco Kid (1994), from "Robbin' the Hood"

[siggy under construction]
SilkSkull

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022 @111.47 »

Hmm, IDK how "obscure" you can call anything by Sublime but check out this deep cut. Samples from "Soul Kitchen" by the Doors (1967) and a radio western starring the titular character:

Sublime - Cisco Kid (1994), from "Robbin' the Hood"

This is so odd and creative that I can't help but love it, you really took Bless my Playlist seriously

She/Her

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022 @140.45 »

Recently I've been getting tired of the same music, I wanna expand my taste as well as get some new tracks for my current taste. I would especially love some more underground rap, techno, DnB, Jungle, House, Hardcore.

If you're looking for some good House music, I suggest Hugh Laurie's album *comedic drum rimshot*

But seriously, Let Them Talk is great if you're into classic blues. Tipitina is my favourite song from the album.

More to your actual tastes, you might like No Suits...

... Aesop Rock (this song has a bonus at the end if you're a fan of The Mountain Goats/Moral Orel)...

... or maybe Scroobius Pip.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2022 @151.62 by MamboGator » Logged
SilkSkull

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2022 @845.49 »

If you're looking for some good House music, I suggest Hugh Laurie's album *comedic drum rimshot*

But seriously, Let Them Talk is great if you're into classic blues. Tipitina is my favourite song from the album.

More to your actual tastes, you might like No Suits...

... Aesop Rock (this song has a bonus at the end if you're a fan of The Mountain Goats/Moral Orel)...

... or maybe Scroobius Pip.

Dude yes!!!! I love Aesop Rock and these other artists I could definitely get into more! I love the weird sound.

She/Her

nsequeira119
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022 @129.69 »

This here is one of my all-time favorite tracks, it's insanely obscure. 10 years old and only 200 views. I know nothing about who made it, there are no Google results for whoever it was. These tracks just exist somehow. I'm not even sure how I found it, to begin with.

This track's really well-realized sound was one of the key inspirations for me to enter electronic music production, myself. To think that a simple instrumental could have this much of an atmosphere is impressive, as well as the progression this beat introduces, starting out with saxophone, then building into a really exciting drum and string-filled crescendo. Definitely worth hearing for any rap fans.

Aw HECK yeah!
SilkSkull

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2022 @983.66 »

This here is one of my all-time favorite tracks, it's insanely obscure. 10 years old and only 200 views. I know nothing about who made it, there are no Google results for whoever it was. These tracks just exist somehow. I'm not even sure how I found it, to begin with.

This track's really well-realized sound was one of the key inspirations for me to enter electronic music production, myself. To think that a simple instrumental could have this much of an atmosphere is impressive, as well as the progression this beat introduces, starting out with saxophone, then building into a really exciting drum and string-filled crescendo. Definitely worth hearing for any rap fans.

DUDE YES, THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOME OLD MF DOOM STUFF THANK YOU

She/Her

Janus
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2022 @213.17 »

Got a more down-beat jam this time - Nymano, "Solitude". Dialogue samples from Cowboy Bebop (yes, I am somewhat obsessed :innocent: ). Great listen between the hours of 11pm-3am

[siggy under construction]
SilkSkull

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2022 @36.78 »

Got a more down-beat jam this time - Nymano, "Solitude". Dialogue samples from Cowboy Bebop (yes, I am somewhat obsessed :innocent: ). Great listen between the hours of 11pm-3am

The drums and samples on this are incredible I love Cowboy Beebop too, honestly this is going in the car playlist

She/Her

Oppositekeith
Casual Poster

dont careful with that axe eugene

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2022 @172.97 »

this post oddly reminded me of this song i listened to back in high school. still hits hard today

i would also highly recommend listening to chaos gardens by miya lowe, a great blend of hardcore EDM and footwork. MYDESTINY! is my favorite track.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

/home/user/'s Obscure Song of the Day

Started by GuestBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 7
Views: 1193
Last post March 23, 2023 @493.16
by Guest
Obscure Games

Started by SilkSkullBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 21
Views: 1863
Last post April 06, 2023 @901.63
by HunnyBon
The MelonLand official unofficial good times playlist! [#1]

Started by Deckade (Tolo)Board © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 3
Views: 656
Last post December 15, 2022 @260.20
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi