Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @405.20 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  Your thoughts about Post-digital design?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Your thoughts about Post-digital design?  (Read 803 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: October 29, 2022 @575.58 »

Im not sure if post-digital is the right term; or maybe it should be like.. digi-analog? ANYWAY, its a focus on design that is not fully digital but is intended to be used in a digital world.

One example I came across today is this nixie clock on Techmoan (skip to 6 mins to actually seeee it)

The clock is very analogue; but it also has Wifi and GPS features. Im always interested by things that combine opposites and create unusual new hybrids. However there are plenty of pros and cons; the biggest con in my mind is always practicality; Im always conflicted by practicality, aesthetics and the personal philosophies I have related to both.

What are your thoughts on post-digital design and how do you think it could/couldn't fit into your life as an enthusiast of unusual counter culture things (if you're on this forum I assume you are that :tongue:)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022 @664.49 »

I'm not sure if this counts, but I love seeing the things people have been doing with Vinyl records since it's revival. Like making them heavier to improve sound and reduce warping, and even something Techmoan also covered, where people were able to get short black & white videos playing from them!

UtNGVb94TFE

I've also been hearing about "LPD" displays, which said to be are spiritual successors to CRTs due to using a lot of the same technologies. It would be so cool if we can see them being used in a more consumer level and even with our monitors! :cheesy:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022 @666.56 by Cobra! » Logged

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022 @698.53 »

I'm not sure if this counts, but I love seeing the things people have been doing with Vinyl

I think thats totally part of it, because without streaming platforms making music super convenient; then no one would really be interested in exploring and investing in vinyl; its a great example of taking the pressure off something to allow it to grow, which is something that I think people forget you can do a lot!

Woah I have never heard of Laser Phosphor Displays before! If they have the ability to capture that glow and brightness you get from CRTs it would be really cool!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Absentmind

i love surfing the world widened web

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022 @662.06 »

I always thought nixie tubes were cool, been looking to get into circuit bending. don't really have the space for it atm.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Case Study - Design elements and hits, should we care?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 3
Views: 1549
Last post April 22, 2022 @82.67
by Icey!
Website Design & Mobile-Friendly Design

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 26
Views: 3391
Last post September 01, 2023 @236.24
by Guest
Your thoughts on the forum categories?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 34
Views: 5441
Last post November 15, 2023 @892.60
by keybladekid6

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi