Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @69.95 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Share your desk!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Share your desk!  (Read 5897 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: November 03, 2022 @595.95 »

Im amazed no one has made this thread yet, its about time!

Im always fascinated to see how people setup their workspaces, particularly when those spaces are really important to them. Desk roasting videos on YouTube are great, but an old school forum thread seems fitting too.

What do you value in a desk setup? What makes you feel at home?

I think for me.. having a cozy space is the most important thing, its got to feel like a safe corner of the world where you can be yourself; though often thats hard to create :-S

Iv gone through like.. 4 desks in different places in the last 2 years; here is my current setup, its only temporary so its not very exciting; but I made it out of a door I..errr unscrewwed from its doorframe in another room :innocent:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022 @723.98 »

Now I'm curious, what do you use the 3 separate computers for? Do you use a specific laptop for a specific task or do you just do whatever? In any case, cool desk!

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022 @743.41 »

what do you use the 3 separate computers for
My dad asked exactly the same thing when he visited a few days ago :tongue:

Its only two computers! The Mac on the right is my main computer, and the Dell on the left is mostly for gaming and 3D software, YouTube (and Winamp visualisers). The middle screen is just a monitor and it can be switched between the Mac or the Dell depending on which one Im working on.

I actually find its a super efficient system since switching the screen just involves pressing its input button; and I can share files between the computers over the network and even use a universal mouse/keyboard app; so it all kinda merges into one big computer!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022 @878.34 »

woahh im jelly! behold my smol foldable table with my smol 13'' laptop that i do everything on. it's resting on a lil box for airflow >_>'' (my *actual* desk is occupied by my partner since he has an actual computer lol). most of the stickers are from mini super sticker club !!

Absentmind

i love surfing the world widened web

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022 @449.56 »

what do you use the 3 separate computers for
My dad asked exactly the same thing when he visited a few days ago :tongue:

Its only two computers! The Mac on the right is my main computer, and the Dell on the left is mostly for gaming and 3D software, YouTube (and Winamp visualisers). The middle screen is just a monitor and it can be switched between the Mac or the Dell depending on which one Im working on.

I actually find its a super efficient system since switching the screen just involves pressing its input button; and I can share files between the computers over the network and even use a universal mouse/keyboard app; so it all kinda merges into one big computer!

How do you find gaming and working in the same space? I struggle with it personally.

graveyardsoup
Casual Poster ⚓︎

the net is vast and infinite

iMood: graveyardsoup

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2022 @109.65 »

I love seeing people's workspaces :omg:k: It's a very personal thing to share.

I realize this is more of a room pic than a desk picture but this is the only one I have where it's decently clean :ohdear:

I moved recently so had the opportunity to sort of reorganize my space but basically everything in my setup I've had for several years. The desk is an old drafting table, the shelf my tower sits on is a cheap one I got when I first moved out, etc.

3 monitors is kind of a lot but it's nice when I'm drawing. The one on the left is also connected to my PS4 so I can toggle between using it on that and my PC.

Need one more print to fill in that space on the bottom but I can't decide! The other unframed ones I have lying around don't fit.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2022 @188.62 »

behold my smol foldable table with my smol 13'' laptop that i do everything on.

I realize this is more of a room pic than a desk picture but this is the only one I have where it's decently clean :ohdear:

Wow both of your systems perfectly match your site designs thats really cool! :ozwomp: Ugghh I guess I was more like that once but Iv had to moove too many times :sad:

@cinni This is not acceptable; get your desk back! If there's one thing Iv learned in life, its that love is not worth back pain :TnT:

@gravey This is a very impressive commitment to vibe!

How do you find gaming and working in the same space? I struggle with it personally.

I think splitting the computers helps; even though the desk is the same, when Im at the Mac its very much not a "Lets play games vibe".. that said.. Iv very capable of being totaly distracted by EVERYTHING else instead :omg:k: Also my big issue is that I can never actualy sit at the desk for long, I just start wandering around :drat:

Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2022 @967.20 »

Time for some worn-out desk with equipment from the trash. The table would be too low for me, so it has a couple of customisations. The front part has been sawn off to fit my fat legs below it. Also, I've drilled lots of holes all around the table to have all the wires run through them without getting in the way. The router is fixed below the table (see the second picture).

The KVM switch is the best part in the installation. That way I can let four computers run over the same monitor while using only one keyboard and mouse. I prefer an ordinary 4:3 screen over big screens, probably nostalgia. Although that has it's limitations on video editing I have to say. Same goes for the hardware, XP power machine from 2008 running a nice Linux to use Kdenlive for video cutting, but the resolution has to be kept limited and rendering times are dreadful. Trustworthy Windows 98 machine on the other side (I'm writing this post on it!) and little Asus Eee netbook for "Multi Tasking".

The salt stone lamps have a beautiful light that looks like the light of a candle. And via a time clock, one of them automatically turns on in the morning to let me awaken softly.

A CRT monitor is only brought out to display old computers as old stoneage dinosaurs for photos. That CRT monster would fill the whole desk up! How the heck did the people do that 20 years ago? Maybe they stuffed everything on top of these blocky things. But jeez, you can't sit that close to the monitor...

Also interesting might be the note board (at the top left of the desk picture). I love to have nonsense written all over on paper, whenever I have an idea. Or stick my own designs on it, look occasionally on them, and maybe find something to improve. Analogue way, more accessable I think. Nah, I'm not a professional, but with this desk setup, I can sink deep into a 10 hour programming session...
Which I can only do, because I ride my bicycle every day. The equipment doesn't need to be ergonomic at all.

Ouch, long post! But this desk really tells some stories.

* Tisch3.GIF (111.95 kB, 640x480 - viewed 340 times.)

* Tisch5.GIF (68.42 kB, 422x316 - viewed 272 times.)
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022 @108.61 »

I don’t use a desk I have a laptop. Can I post my desktop instead?

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2022 @121.47 »

I don’t use a desk I have a laptop. Can I post my desktop instead?

Yep! Your desk is wherever you like to work, it does not actualy need to be a desk; it could be a sofa or a roof or a lawn or the sea if your a fish, but heck Iv never seen a fish on a laptop :ohdear:

Deckade (Tolo)
Casual Poster

Feel free to email me and be pen pals :)

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2022 @429.55 »

Here's my one :smile: I like to keep things pretty minimal as you can guess :grin:

* tempImagezNKjx9.jpg (117.99 kB, 1080x810 - viewed 283 times.)
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2022 @538.94 »

Here's my one :smile: I like to keep things pretty minimal as you can guess :grin:

only the essentials and nothing but the essentials :ha: :pc:

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Dragon of the Digital Plane

StatusCafe: frostsheridan
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2022!
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2022 @136.94 »

here’s my computer station! it’s nothing too fancy but it’s still decent. i have another separate desk for working on electronics projects and synthesizers that i’ll have to share here too once i get it a bit more cleaned up and organized.

[ [ where delusions dwell . . . ] ]

JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2022 @863.34 »

Yep! Your desk is wherever you like to work, it does not actualy need to be a desk; it could be a sofa or a roof or a lawn or the sea if your a fish, but heck Iv never seen a fish on a laptop :ohdear:
Do you have proof I'm not a fish? I could be a fish and you'd have no idea!

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2023 @967.48 »

Sure

:ozwomp: my beloved

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Oo Animal Crossing Towns oO - Share your town!

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 8
Views: 2032
Last post November 07, 2023 @41.97
by soapfriendo
Share your local artists!

Started by GuestBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 6
Views: 1334
Last post October 12, 2023 @676.18
by DiffydaDude
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 48
Views: 3875
Last post April 11, 2024 @823.52
by Misanthropic Monster™

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi