Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 23, 2024 - @471.42 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 21/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Do you like death note?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Do you like death note?  (Read 1341 times)
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« on: November 07, 2022 @119.11 »

I started watching it a couple days ago, it’s pretty good. Is the manga good too? I haven’t read it yet. Can anyone give me recommendations of any shows that are like it?

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
manpaint
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022 @611.61 »

According to my recollection it was a good anime. I heard that the manga had a slightly different ending.

neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: neoratz

View Profile WWW

Won the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022 @38.16 »

death note was my 2nd anime ever! i thought it was really fun, light was so egotistical and ridiculous that i loved watching his schemes but was totally rooting for him to screw up. though i will say... the first half had me way more invested than the later parts V_V

you might already know this because it's super famous, but the first similar show that comes to mind is Monster. it's a pretty thrilling mystery and it's also just pleasant to see the main character go around and do nice things for people.

i promised i'm not alone in heaven... ˖˚
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022 @816.88 »

I’ve heard of monster before but never watched it is it good?

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022 @503.77 »

Can anyone give me recommendations of any shows that are like it?

You might enjoy The Promised Neverland, which I thought was pretty similar in terms of characters Plotting, Planning and Otherwise Outsmarting Eachother at basically every single moment. I heard season 2 was incredibly bad though, I've only seen the first one. IMO it's perfectly fine to just stop watching after season 1 but that's up to you of course!

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022 @554.97 »

I saw it but only season 1 it was good tho!

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022 @896.27 »

I think you might enjoy death parade, perfect blue, paranoia agent or Junji Ito's work. More leaning towards the horror side with Ito but I still think it matches well into some of the themes of death, fear, corruption of man etc.

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022 @60.07 »

I read juni ito one night and heard a noise and got scared there might be someone in my bed and stayed up all night so no pls. :TnT:

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022 @62.08 »

I read juni ito one night and heard a noise and got scared there might be someone in my bed and stayed up all night so no pls. :TnT:
I DID THAT TO MYSELF TOO LOL. I would heavily recommend paranoia agent then, more in the crime/thriller side

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

pleb-hates-the-modern-web
Casual Poster

is this thing on?

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2022 @906.85 »

I think you might enjoy death parade, perfect blue, paranoia agent or Junji Ito's work. More leaning towards the horror side with Ito but I still think it matches well into some of the themes of death, fear, corruption of man etc.

seconding the death parade recommendation, and would like to add death billiards (short it's based in the same universe as iirc)!
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2022 @630.50 »

I got bored and started reading more Junji Ito it’s really good!

virtue
Full Member ⚓︎

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2023 @216.91 »

Death note honestly dropped in intrigue to an unprecedented extent for me. After a particular event around 3/5 of the way through the show, I lost interest so rapidly that even when getting other people to watch the show, I usually just mutually agree with them to completely stop watching there regardless of cliff-hanging. Overall, its a pretty excellently written show, but it is NOT enjoyable start-to-finish in my opinion, and there are probably better options in the psychological drama category like steins;gate and psycho-pass.

I <3 RANDOM MESSAGES!!!
Fish
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of the most ok cuppa joe

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2023 @964.56 »

I just started reading the manga a few months back! Im enjoying it a lot so far. All I knew about it before was just "Oh this guy can write peoples name and they died" and that sounded so OP I thought it was gonna be boring. Glad to know I was wrong! Now my only problem is that the books are starting to take up too much space on my shelf...

Light kinda reminds me of Miles Edgeworth in a weird way. I think it might be smug self confidence lol

garystu
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2023 @687.36 »

Got into Death Note when it was really popular on Deviantart. I remember my internet speed wasn't good enough to download an anime back then, so I downloaded and read the manga instead. And I did enjoy the manga.

I think a lot of my "unpopular opinions" on Death Note may have come from adaptation differences in retrospect. I liked the second half a lot, still the weaker half but it was good stuff.

I only remembered to watch the anime a few years ago and it was fine. I also saw the Netflix adaptation and it was mid to bad.

I remember reading these death note fan comics specifically, but I dont remember what I thought of them. I mean I probably liked them but. https://www.deviantart.com/eychanchan/gallery/34833867/death-note (This isn't a recommendation, this is psychic damage)

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2024 @141.94 »

I started watching it a couple days ago, it’s pretty good. Is the manga good too? I haven’t read it yet. Can anyone give me recommendations of any shows that are like it?

I wouldn't recommend reading this bit by Gwern about the mistakes Light made until after you've seen the show and are ready to let it go. Reading this early ruined Death Note for me.

Nevertheless, if I had the Death Note and access to Gwern's post I'd try not to make the same mistakes. For example, having all my victims die from public explosive rectal prolapses. :)

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Death Generator

Started by wrisBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 1
Views: 796
Last post August 02, 2022 @337.49
by dantescanline
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 55
Views: 5236
Last post April 10, 2024 @574.35
by Misanthropic Monster™
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 48
Views: 3866
Last post April 11, 2024 @823.52
by Misanthropic Monster™

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi