Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @285.84 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  yet another link search (Dress up and house customisation games)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: yet another link search (Dress up and house customisation games)  (Read 958 times)
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« on: November 11, 2022 @63.38 »

Hey, I know this is a it of a broad question, but I like it that way for the possibility of discovering something new. I was wondering if anyone knew any sites for customizing? sort of like moviestarplanet back in the day or the sims, anything with house customization, character customization, fashion, aesthetics. Would appreciate and try anything!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022 @781.00 by Melooon » Logged

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

iMood: neoratz

View Profile WWW

Won the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022 @721.53 »

ohhh yes.... this is my expertise my friend :evil: i can't advocate for the quality or communities of some of these games due to not having played all of them but i left out ones that i know for a fact have really unpleasant players.

3D Avatar Games
Cybertown (unsure if functional)
IMVU (ok this one DOES have a bad playerbase and crappy paid stuff, like you have to pay for your username to not have the "Guest_" prefix!?!? but it's fun to play around with the avatars and take pictures alone/with friends. just get the app so you can get some free credits daily and youll never need to spend money)
Second Life
There (unsure if functional)
Tower Unite (this one has a pretty easy to use but expansive house customization feature!)

MMORPGs
Eden Eternal
Final Fantasy XIV
Mabinogi
MapleStory
Ragnarok Online (i hear private servers are better than the official one, can link one if desired)

Chatroom-Based Avatar Games
Chatlands (unsure if functional)
BarbieGirls (the private server for this one is still in development, it's not released yet)
Spineworld (unsure if functional)
Stardoll (soooort of? don't really know about this one)
VZones

Forum-Based Avatar Games
Avaricia
Caedon
Gaia Online (you're gonna want the waterfox browser if u plan on playing the games)
Trisphee
Voltra Online

Virtual Pet Games w/ Avatar Customization Features
Dappervolk
Goatlings
MaraPets
Solpets
Subeta
Sylestia

Mobile Apps
Hello Sweet Days (focus on avatars/house)
Line Play (focus on avatars/house. don't rly recommend it... unfair gacha and deletes ur acc if ur inactive for a year)
Livly Island (focus on pets/avatars/"house":wink:

that's about everything i can think of that fits your description! let me know if you join goatlings, my username is charmless and i can send you some free stuff :chill:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022 @725.68 by neoratz » Logged

i promised i'm not alone in heaven... ˖˚
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022 @732.57 »

ohhh yes.... this is my expertise my friend :evil: i can't advocate for the quality or communities of some of these games due to not having played all of them but i left out ones that i know for a fact have really unpleasant players.

3D Avatar Games
Cybertown (unsure if functional)
IMVU (ok this one DOES have a bad playerbase and crappy paid stuff, like you have to pay for your username to not have the "Guest_" prefix!?!? but it's fun to play around with the avatars and take pictures alone/with friends. just get the app so you can get some free credits daily and youll never need to spend money)
Second Life
There (unsure if functional)
Tower Unite (this one has a pretty easy to use but expansive house customization feature!)

MMORPGs
Eden Eternal
Final Fantasy XIV
Mabinogi
MapleStory
Ragnarok Online (i hear private servers are better than the official one, can link one if desired)

Chatroom-Based Avatar Games
Chatlands (unsure if functional)
BarbieGirls (the private server for this one is still in development, it's not released yet)
Spineworld (unsure if functional)
Stardoll (soooort of? don't really know about this one)
VZones

Forum-Based Avatar Games
Avaricia
Caedon
Gaia Online (you're gonna want the waterfox browser if u plan on playing the games)
Trisphee
Voltra Online

Virtual Pet Games w/ Avatar Customization Features
Dappervolk
Goatlings
MaraPets
Solpets
Subeta
Sylestia

Mobile Apps
Hello Sweet Days (focus on avatars/house)
Line Play (focus on avatars/house. don't rly recommend it... unfair gacha and deletes ur acc if ur inactive for a year)
Livly Island (focus on pets/avatars/"house":wink:

that's about everything i can think of that fits your description! let me know if you join goatlings, my username is charmless and i can send you some free stuff :chill:
First off, wow lmao, this is a huge list, thank you. I'm gonna end up spending all day on these. If I do join goatlings I'll let you know for sure!!!

She/Her

neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022 @743.96 »

First off, wow lmao, this is a huge list, thank you. I'm gonna end up spending all day on these. If I do join goatlings I'll let you know for sure!!!
YAHOO :-D i'm excited to hear your thoughts, especially since i haven't played a good third of them :cheerR: let me know if any catch on for you too! my personal favorites from the list would definitely be Tower Unite, Mabinogi, Gaia, Goatlings, and Livly Island.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022 @745.10 by neoratz » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022 @783.31 »

~~ Moved to Video Games and re titled to make the topic more clear - Let me know if I miss understood!

This is an amazing list neoratz! The only thing Id add is Zepeto for mobile!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022 @31.66 »

YAHOO :-D i'm excited to hear your thoughts, especially since i haven't played a good third of them :cheerR: let me know if any catch on for you too! my personal favorites from the list would definitely be Tower Unite, Mabinogi, Gaia, Goatlings, and Livly Island.
I tried a few and so far Livly island and Gaia are my favorites!

She/Her

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2022 @154.14 »

Oooh, this is something I love too! Here are some shameless related self plugs. I have a web shrine dedicated to this type of stuff that you can check out here:

https://www.thefrugalgamer.net/petGames.php

I've got my thoughts on some of the big ones, and links to others I've found.
I've also got a dollmaker dress up game you can play with here:

https://www.thefrugalgamer.net/dollmaker/

It's not like the online world games like Neopets and the like, but it's fun to play with for a bit.

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022 @173.74 »

~~ Moved to Video Games and re titled to make the topic more clear - Let me know if I miss understood!

This is an amazing list neoratz! The only thing Id add is Zepeto for mobile!
OMG I FORGOT ABOUT ZEPETO

She/Her

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022 @266.39 »

Oooh, this is something I love too! Here are some shameless related self plugs. I have a web shrine dedicated to this type of stuff that you can check out here:

https://www.thefrugalgamer.net/petGames.php

I've got my thoughts on some of the big ones, and links to others I've found.
I've also got a dollmaker dress up game you can play with here:

https://www.thefrugalgamer.net/dollmaker/

It's not like the online world games like Neopets and the like, but it's fun to play with for a bit.
I love that dollmaker! also I never really experienced the whole digital pets thing when I was a kid so your page really let me live it out now lol.

She/Her

neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2022 @826.63 »

ohhh i totally forgot about zepeto! that's a good one! i think i lost my account on there, i'm not sure what happened :notgood:

i came back to add ANOTHER one i just remembered - Whirled Club! it slipped my mind because i didn't play it much and forgot private servers for whirled even existed. i would say this one is more focused on house customization because the avatars are made by other people (unless you are willing to take on the task of making your own in Flash). unfortunately it's not really the same as it was, there's not enough users to REALLY populate the ingame store and there's like, probably 10 people online daily. it's still worth a try though, it's really fun!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2022 @874.13 »

Whirled!! That was totally my zone in 2008 :grin: I had a house with a garden and the front room was a cafe with a maid bot who could take messages for me when I was away. And I spent AGES getting that skin that let you hover as this weird mystic guy but you had to finish on of the minigames to unlock it. Ahhhh.. it kinda sucked, but it was very cool back then :omg:k:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
MeowChirp
Casual Poster

iMood: HydraTriangle

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2022 @694.19 »

Wow, this is my kind of topic :4u: Thanks for the list Neoratz!

It's great to see your website too, TheFrugalGamer. I noticed ChickenSmoothie on your pet game list, and I do love that one mostly because of childhood nostalgia reasons / the forums rather than the game itself. That one does have a lot of dress-up to do with the pets you get though because there are also many items.

Sadly I've never been able to truly get into Mabinogi or Maplestory, despite the fact their aesthetics appeal to me. FFXIV appeals to me though.

I also used to spend hours back in the day on WoW private servers where you can be a GM and creating my own 'phases' where you can place your own objects and stuff. It's definitely not intuitive, but you can definitely make your own 'house' in WoW that way. It can be fun if you ever give it a shot, but I wouldn't have any servers to recommend because the one I played as a kid went down a while ago.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Daniel's Network Search (Discontinued)

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 3
Views: 1957
Last post March 19, 2022 @479.06
by Karius
Collecting 90s Texture CD Links

Started by MelooonBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 11
Views: 7216
Last post October 18, 2023 @880.69
by WynnDawnstrider
the era of rpgmaker games

Started by cinniBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 27
Views: 4085
Last post August 16, 2023 @267.22
by Riqo

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi