Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @775.43 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 49/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings
| | | |-+  Other Forums?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Other Forums?  (Read 3347 times)
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« on: November 24, 2022 @768.63 »

What are some other good active forums? Not specifically just about html but chill and active like this one.

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022 @312.63 »

LinusTechTips.com is pretty active.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022 @315.49 by Icelogist » Logged

:ozwomp: my beloved

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022 @769.21 »

Hmm the thing is that most forums are focused on a very particular subject; For example; Ice's link is for people interested in PC building; a friend of mine was obsessed with this one http://lanaboards.com its very active, but its only interesting if you are a major fan of LanaDelRay :drat:

People totally do hang out on them, but its only fun to hangout there if you are into the forums subject. There are not many general forums (even this one is not exactly a general forum).

Within the wired website community! (Most of these are quite quiet)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023 @913.68 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022 @815.83 »

Two that I hang out on besides this one are MobileRead, which is devoted to ebooks and ereaders, and The Long Hair Community, which is devoted to long hair care/natural hair care. Like Melooon said, very niche, but they're still active :smile:

The MobileRead folks can be a bit curmugeonly at times, though, especially if you want to talk about software alternatives to Calibre, which is currently the most popular ebook software. They're generally an opinionated bunch, but everyone's usually chill about it.

Oooh, and I forgot that the Chicken Smoothie forums are suuuuper active. It's focused on adoptables, but there's also roleplaying and an oekaki board.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022 @819.78 by TheFrugalGamer » Logged

Deckade (Tolo)
Casual Poster

Feel free to email me and be pen pals :)

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022 @476.05 »

Here are some of the more notable ones I've picked up

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/ (Aussie forum because I'm Australian)

https://www.newgrounds.com/community (Somehow still alive)

Kongregate (Dead as of sometime last year)

https://spacehey.com/home It's kinda cool, I think there's been an influx of very young users though which has changed the site culture, idk melonland is my main site at the moment :smile:

Ruqqus Had a lot of potential, they pulled the plug circa 2021? because it was too political. I was fairly active in the apolitical stuff, owning a guild/board with 2k members

Steam>discussions>off topic! This is a nice corner of the internet where the tone of discussion is quite similar to here, although the content is, as you can imagine a little less internet-meta focused.

Have fun exploring <3

« Last Edit: November 27, 2022 @486.98 by t0lo » Logged
lime360
Full Member ⚓︎

hi.

StatusCafe: lime360
iMood: lime360
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2022 @552.35 »

I think that Clickteam Community is active

neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

iMood: neoratz

View Profile WWW

Won the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022 @30.97 »

i used to be fairly active on The Bell Tree Forums, an animal crossing forum. i think its collectible system and events are really fun! i met one of my best friends on there and we had the awesomest time in the world championship event last year. funnily enough one of my last threads on there was on a thread just like this one, looking for other forums. unfortunately i slowly stopped using it because a lot of the people i liked to see around started disappearing :notgood: and a lot of the AC discussion is now focused on ACNH... which makes sense, new horizons just isn't for me! here's a list of other misc active forums i know:

Animal Crossing Community - another animal crossing forum, i think it's a lot less active than bell tree...
Bulbagarden - pokemon forum! haven't visited there much but i bet activity has picked up since the new game just released.
Tamatalk - tamagotchi forum, though i think most people just go to the Tamagotchi Collectors discord to discuss tamagotchi lately :-P

i also like to browse the forum directory on ProBoards, i haven't found anything i like yet but i swear you find the randomest stuff on there! it's really fun to explore.

i promised i'm not alone in heaven... ˖˚
NacreousDreams
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rockin' at the Dance of Exis

iMood: Eldridge_Jameson

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023 @311.06 »

:grin: Oooh, I'm gonna blatantly shill the ReOmniverse forums because I'm a sell-out for my friends! (and its the only other one I'm currently active in...)

ReOmniverse is a roleplaying forum where you can choose a character- OC or from some media from books to games- and have them go on adventures in a world with eight different biomes to explore. It's a play-by-post format, so you write forum posts just like on here with a bunch of things your character does. Anything from silly antics to serious or even edgy storylines are accepted and welcome. It's a lot of fun!

It's not too active, but I wouldn't call it dead by any means. The people there have been in the community for a while, with a couple people who're fairly new. They're trying what they can to find new members, so give it a look if you get the chance!

(If you do check it out, look for me there; I play Paige Turner!)
DiamondPetals
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023 @359.57 »

Here are some of the more notable ones I've picked up

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/ (Aussie forum because I'm Australian)

https://www.newgrounds.com/community (Somehow still alive)

Kongregate (Dead as of sometime last year)

https://spacehey.com/home It's kinda cool, I think there's been an influx of very young users though which has changed the site culture, idk melonland is my main site at the moment :smile:

Ruqqus Had a lot of potential, they pulled the plug circa 2021? because it was too political. I was fairly active in the apolitical stuff, owning a guild/board with 2k members

Steam>discussions>off topic! This is a nice corner of the internet where the tone of discussion is quite similar to here, although the content is, as you can imagine a little less internet-meta focused.

Have fun exploring <3

I agree about the young users on SpaceHey. It makes me uncomfortable sometimes, but hey, what can I do? And then I feel, oh maybe I'm too young for this crap :dunno:
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2023 @731.32 »

I agree about the young users on SpaceHey. It makes me uncomfortable sometimes, but hey, what can I do? And then I feel, oh maybe I'm too young for this crap :dunno:
honestly, i stay away from spacehey because of this new influx of people who dont exactly apply to the demographic of myspace :TnT:

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2023 @734.17 »

Within the wired website community! (Most of these are quite quiet)
There's also a good list of them over here: https://forum.yesterweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=121
I HAD NO IDEA YESTERWEB HAD A FORUM TOO :drat: :drat:
this changes everything..

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2023 @745.02 »

honestly, i stay away from spacehey because of this new influx of people who dont exactly apply to the demographic of myspace :TnT:

Oh, I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Ever since customization has kind of been limited due to data protection regulations (no more autoplay, no more theming of the banner, no more external resources loaded without explicitly clicking a button) I already found it a bit boring, although I get why. But nowadays, looking through the new user list, it looks more like Facebook or Instagram than anything MySpace. Honestly, I miss when at the very beginning it was full of scene people, emos, general misfits; now it's full of the general public®.
DiamondPetals
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2023 @279.50 »

Oh, I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Ever since customization has kind of been limited due to data protection regulations (no more autoplay, no more theming of the banner, no more external resources loaded without explicitly clicking a button) I already found it a bit boring, although I get why. But nowadays, looking through the new user list, it looks more like Facebook or Instagram than anything MySpace. Honestly, I miss when at the very beginning it was full of scene people, emos, general misfits; now it's full of the general public®.

So that's why there's no autoplay on my profile anymore... that sucks :notgood:
memo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2023 @677.66 »

GameFAQs forums are also still somewhat alive, depending on the game. Things still get asked and answers are still provided!
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2023 @917.73 »

There are MyAnimeList forums: https://myanimelist.net/forum/. But if you want to talk about a specific series, it's better to go to that series page and then scroll down to the discussions.

Also Anilist forums: https://anilist.c:ha:forum/overview
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What community message boards and forums did you frequent?

Started by maryBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 33
Views: 4096
Last post April 14, 2024 @966.08
by Misanthropic Monster™
Let's talk about FORUMS!

Started by wrinkledlionBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 34
Views: 3251
Last post November 11, 2023 @821.39
by creaturefeature
imood forums

Started by dotmidiBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 1
Views: 647
Last post November 29, 2022 @106.62
by neoratz

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi